Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff  (Read 20183 times)
Bitter Child
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2004, 05:27:26 PM »

As much as I love Axl, he's fully responsible for the album not being finished.? The reason he wants to re-record buckethead's stuff is because he doesn't want to pay him royalty fees in the future.?

Axl's a perfectionist, blah blah blah.? does the album really have to be that perfect?? would we, their fans, really make a big deal about it not being "perfect"?? i won't, all i care about is listening to gnr's music.?

Axl needs to listen to his fans more.? Fuck the press, fuck the critics, and fuck the haters.?

my2cents?
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2004, 09:20:20 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! IF THIS DUDE IS TELLING THE TRUTH (AND I THINK HE IS) CD IS STILL NOT FUCKING FINISHED!!!!! FUCK ME!!!!!? I'LL FUCKING DO THE FUCKING SOLOS MY DAMN SELF IF THAT'S WHAT IT WILL TAKE TO FINISH THIS GODFORSAKEN PIECE OF SHIT!!!! HOW CAN THEY STILL NOT BE DONE WITH THIS FUCKER!!!!!? BUCKETFUCK DIDN'T FINISH ALL HIS SHIT BEFORE HE LEFT? FUCK!!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2004, 01:24:03 AM »

If Axl really intends on cutting Buckethead ENTIRELY out of the royalties... then we're all fucked. That would involve writing AND recording new solos for EVERY track that BH wrote or recorded on... correct!?!?!? crying

Hopefully, it's a situation where Axl is going to bite the bullet on Buckethead (give him his royalties by leaving his material on the album) and he just wants his replacement (whoever that may be) to at least get a couple recordings/credits on CD before releasing and hitting the road in '05. Undecided

As far as Bumblefoot goes- definitely a nice guy, but as someone suggested earlier- there's just something about him that's too "fan friendly" and "interactive" to ever be a good fit with Axl Rose, who pretty much regards anything GN'R related as a matter of national security. For better or worse, GN'R has always been a band "larger than life" and "somewhat removed from the masses". It makes them come off as Grade A pricks most of the time, but it's also what gives them their "aura" and keeps them from being just another run of the mill rock band professing their love for their fans anytime they can. Don't get me wrong- some of the things GN'R puts us through are totally FUCKED UP- their relationship with us is practically abusive at times, BUT those rare times that they actually pay attention to us and deliver... THEY DELIVER. So here we all are year after year...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2004, 04:12:55 PM »

I think we will all be surprised how little buckethead worked on this album. From the impression I get, Bucket's 'nomadic' lifestyle made it impossible to get hold of him after he failed to show up to do his parts. Axl does blame bucket for holding up Chinese Democracy; I wonder how much time in the studio bucket actually put in? My guess is not very much.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2004, 05:31:34 PM »

I think we will all be surprised how little buckethead worked on this album. From the impression I get, Bucket's 'nomadic' lifestyle made it impossible to get hold of him after he failed to show up to do his parts. Axl does blame bucket for holding up Chinese Democracy; I wonder how much time in the studio bucket actually put in? My guess is not very much.
You made a good point. Actually, in the new songs we already know, he played just a little bit (a solo or so), but the main riffs and the improved touch (like with Madagascar and The Blues in 2002) were made only by Finck and Fortus.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2004, 06:23:53 PM »

Whoa!
Dudes, Axl mentioned BHs contribution and Tommy referred cd as 8mens work.
And matter of course, I?d rather believe words from the members than a bumble who suggests they can?t replace their predecessors.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »

p-that doesn't in anyway evaluate what bucket did in gnr. I doubt very much he put in as much work as finck. I am speculating as to B's contributions but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't amount to much.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2004, 09:35:12 AM »

Tommy referred cd as 8mens work.

What about Paul Huge, who was originally brought in to work as Axl's songwriting partner?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2004, 11:46:19 AM »

What about Paul Huge, who was originally brought in to work as Axl's songwriting partner?

Paul Huge was never brought in to work as Axl's songwriting partner. He was brought in as a second guitar player and ended up the third guitar player.

Now he's officially out of the band but he might be in some song credits. I doubt it though as Axl said that he's the only one who writes lyrics...

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2004, 11:56:49 AM »

Paul Huge was never brought in to work as Axl's songwriting partner. He was brought in as a second guitar player and ended up the third guitar player.

Now he's officially out of the band but he might be in some song credits. I doubt it though as Axl said that he's the only one who writes lyrics...

I seriously think that Brain May will be on the album too. We know he did some guitar solo's and I'm 99% sure Axl will keep those. I think he is very proud that he contributed to the album so.....

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2004, 12:57:02 PM »

Regarding Paul Tobias Axl said:

?The public gets a different story from the other guys ? Slash, Duff, Matt - who have their own agendas. The original intentions between Paul and myself were that Paul was going to help me for as long as it took to get this thing together in whatever capacity that he could help me in. So when he first was brought into this, he was brought in as a writer to work with Slash. At the time those guys never suggested one name. Nobody else. Ever.

Paul was one of the best people we knew who was both available and capable of complimenting Slash?s style. You could bring in a better guitar player than Paul. You could bring in a monster. I tried putting Zakk Wylde with Slash and that didn?t work. It brought out some interesting things in Slash but it was a different approach that ended up being overpowering and didn?t bring out the best in Slash. It brought out some interesting things and it would?ve worked to do some songs. But Paul was only interested in complimenting Slash, laying down a foundation of a riff or something. That would accent or encourage slash's lead playing. Now whether or not Paul was going to be officially on the album or on the tour that really wasn?t an actual consideration at the time. It was in the air as a possibility but Paul was a friend trying to help us and he had a huge respect for Slash. He is and this is the bottom line a good man and that's the reality behind things. That doesn't change what took place with old Guns. I feel that some of the recordings we did in that limited amount of time had some of the best playing that Slash had done at least since Illusions. I was there. I know what I heard and it was pretty exciting.?

August 2002  GN'R press release

"Oh My God"
(Tobias/Reed/Rose)  Wink

As you can see, he's already been credited as a songwriter.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2004, 02:18:52 PM »

I always wanted to hear the sound slash brought out while working with zakk...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2004, 02:51:40 PM »

p-that doesn't in anyway evaluate what bucket did in gnr. I doubt very much he put in as much work as finck. I am speculating as to B's contributions but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't amount to much.
I C what you mean.? Cheesy OK, Let?s go over the followings.

"We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve."? Axl in March

"there'll probably be compositions that started with each of us and were compiled by all of us, on the whole record, yeah. I would be willing to wager that that is how it turns out, because Axl is the kind of guy who is always looking out for the fairest way to do it so everyone's happy." (songwriting-wise)? Tommy in September

"I think pretty much all of us in the band have some songwriting credits on just about everything. The undertaking was pretty much a large collaboration between eight people, even a couple others who aren't around anymore, but maybe started with pieces of the old band or whatever. But yeah, there is probably a lot to go around with that one." Tommy in September

"Axl as a producer is trying to get the best out of eight guys and get them all in a song, like trying to pull everyone in. You know, mush it together like a fucking piece of clay or something. Trying to form a piece of artwork out of it. It takes time."(on pretzel)Tommyin October? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I don?t know how much work BH had done for CD that is sorta like a jack-in-the box now. But if Bucket?s role had been as modest as Brian Mays, Tommy wouldn?t repeat 8. He's checked that on the final mix of several new songs.
Otherwise......idea
whoops!!! I can?t say I?m dead sure who the 8th man is. He?s not Paul Tobias is he? confused
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2004, 05:39:56 PM »

Regarding Paul Tobias Axl said:

?The public gets a different story from the other guys ? Slash, Duff, Matt - who have their own agendas. The original intentions between Paul and myself were that Paul was going to help me for as long as it took to get this thing together in whatever capacity that he could help me in. So when he first was brought into this, he was brought in as a writer to work with Slash. At the time those guys never suggested one name. Nobody else. Ever.

Paul was one of the best people we knew who was both available and capable of complimenting Slash?s style. You could bring in a better guitar player than Paul. You could bring in a monster. I tried putting Zakk Wylde with Slash and that didn?t work. It brought out some interesting things in Slash but it was a different approach that ended up being overpowering and didn?t bring out the best in Slash. It brought out some interesting things and it would?ve worked to do some songs. But Paul was only interested in complimenting Slash, laying down a foundation of a riff or something. That would accent or encourage slash's lead playing. Now whether or not Paul was going to be officially on the album or on the tour that really wasn?t an actual consideration at the time. It was in the air as a possibility but Paul was a friend trying to help us and he had a huge respect for Slash. He is and this is the bottom line a good man and that's the reality behind things. That doesn't change what took place with old Guns. I feel that some of the recordings we did in that limited amount of time had some of the best playing that Slash had done at least since Illusions. I was there. I know what I heard and it was pretty exciting.?

August 2002? GN'R press release

"Oh My God"
(Tobias/Reed/Rose)? Wink

As you can see, he's already been credited as a songwriter.

/jarmo

I was wrong about the writing part but still this song won't be in CD (well, at least I don't think it will be). I don't think Tobias will be credited in CD's songs.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2004, 11:06:09 PM »

Just to clear things up, Bumblefoot did not hear the studio version of The Blues. I asked him about it and he said a fan sent it to him. I then told him it was a soundboard. He later cleared it up in a thread in his forum...

shit, the MP3 I heard of that gnr song "the blues" was actually a live mp3 - thought it was a studio recording - the thing sounded DAMN good...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2004, 07:07:36 AM »

Just to clear things up, Bumblefoot did not hear the studio version of The Blues. I asked him about it and he said a fan sent it to him. I then told him it was a soundboard. He later cleared it up in a thread in his forum...

shit, the MP3 I heard of that gnr song "the blues" was actually a live mp3 - thought it was a studio recording - the thing sounded DAMN good...
Great. This guy don't have a clue about know a live or studio recording. confused

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2004, 07:09:24 AM »

There's no studio version of the blues Tongue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2004, 07:16:31 AM »

Hey, thanks for clearing things up!? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 07:18:23 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2004, 08:54:56 AM »

I meant I don't think there is one period.. I believe axl said b sides for singles(how many b sides could there be?), but I haven't even heard of a single, I think those songs were just used for the live performances..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2004, 02:20:15 PM »

I meant I don't think there is one period.. I believe axl said b sides for singles(how many b sides could there be?), but I haven't even heard of a single, I think those songs were just used for the live performances..
It can be heard in the Boston Promo studio cuts. I mean, I guess the old songs have pretty much at least one version recorded in studio.
And Axl didn't said anything about b-sides, he said that those songs won't be released as singles.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: