Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff  (Read 20195 times)
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2004, 10:50:47 PM »

How fuckin stupid can this Bumblefoot guy be NOT to have known that going public was gonna piss people off?? If there's one thing that everyone knows about the GNR world is that if you're an "insider" at any level, you DON'T say shit about shit!!!? And for those of you who are gonna try to use the argument that "rumors were going around so he went public to address them" .... well that don't fuckin' fly because who the fuck started the rumors?Huh It had to be him!!!? He had to tell someone about what was going on and then that someone told someone else and so on and so on.? ?rant

I agree with SOH ... just have Robin do it.? ok
Altought he didn't need to know how the GNR fans would act in that case, it's indeed pretty wierd the way he did the whole thing. The blurb wasn't big enough and he must knew that the any info regarding a big band would spread in the internet in a blink.
Well, maybe he tought that it was a good reason to clarify everything.

I really haven't seen nothing wrong in his post.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2004, 11:37:29 PM »

This guy was about as upfront, honest, and apologetic about the situation as anyone could possibly be...Horrible fit for GNR if you ask me.....
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2004, 11:52:49 PM »

With that in mind, I wonder even more why they can't just have Finck do it.

probably because Finck sucks, the thing i find interesting is that he said "Joe Satriani was the first to tell me I'd be contacted by GN'R back in July"  I wonder if that means Joe Satriani was asked to be in GNR at one point?  that would've been cool cus Joe Satriani is awesome

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2004, 07:02:51 AM »

the thing i find interesting is that he said "Joe Satriani was the first to tell me I'd be contacted by GN'R back in July"? I wonder if that means Joe Satriani was asked to be in GNR at one point?? that would've been cool cus Joe Satriani is awesome

You just ruined my post...  Angry Grin

Anyway, this, to me, is the most interesting part of the interview. How did Satriani know about this? Was he approached? Was he asked for opinions on guitar players?

Strange shit... I'm tellin ya...

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2004, 07:51:43 AM »

This guy was about as upfront, honest, and apologetic about the situation as anyone could possibly be...Horrible fit for GNR if you ask me.....

sad but true...  Undecided

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2004, 10:22:11 AM »

This is what I've been wondering: Thal was contacted in July, with people in the GNR camp telling him there'd be some recording to do in early September. If he was right about only a few solos remaining, he would've probably managed to do it before the mastering would begin in October / November (based on what Tommy's been saying). Now, Thal goes public in late September, when he should've already been in the studio! In less than two weeks, management has denied everything.

So what we have here is a situation where CD is a few solos short to be ready for mastering. It just doesn't seem right that if Thal would've been the only choice, GNR would've just let time pass without him even meeting Axl, not to mention postponing his sessions. This leads me to think that there have been one or more guitarists being considered for the job the same time Thal was, and atleast one of them might've gotten a lot further. This means putting down some guitar tracks and - gasp - even meeting Axl.  rofl

Yet if Thal was the only one at the time, the CD production team is way sloppier than I thought.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2004, 10:32:09 AM »

How fuckin stupid can this Bumblefoot guy be NOT to have known that going public was gonna piss people off?? If there's one thing that everyone knows about the GNR world is that if you're an "insider" at any level, you DON'T say shit about shit!!!?
All that proves is that GN'R's management team are a world-class pack of cunts. As Thal pointed out, bands need to have some form of communication with their audience, or else rumours get started all over the place. And clearly, people in the music world knew about this; Satriani knew, probably all his mates know as well. They don't tell people to sign confidentiality agreements, and then fuck them over when they talk. What a bunch of assholes. Fuck Guns N' Roses' management team. Fuck 'em right in the ear. I hope they all go broke and end up giving handjobs to strangers down back alleys for crack money. Fucking bastards.

SG
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 11:49:47 AM »

I think this news seriously sucks for all of us. CD isn't done, has never been done or mastered or mixed. GnR managment doesn't care for us to have any information or even have it's members speak their mind. I have to admit this does sound like the managment as it existed back in the day; I wonder if this attitude springs from Axl himself.

I think a February release date is in serious question if there is no guitarist to replace Bucket unless they can convince him to come back.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2004, 12:12:52 PM »

I think this news seriously sucks for all of us. CD isn't done, has never been done or mastered or mixed
That's what I said a couple of weeks ago and what I (still) do think...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 12:28:37 PM »

so Tommy was lying then? He said it was being mixed now didnt he?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2004, 12:42:37 PM »

They may be mastering now. 2 months have gone by since they were to record those solo's. In that timeframe they may have found someone to do it and we may find out soon - like we found out about Bumblefoot in Sept when he was contacted in July. But then again 2 months means nothing to Axl and Co. I am starting to truly believe Axl is Immortal...or thinks he is! Grin

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2004, 01:58:51 PM »

I think this news seriously sucks for all of us. CD isn't done, has never been done or mastered or mixed. GnR managment doesn't care for us to have any information or even have it's members speak their mind. I have to admit this does sound like the managment as it existed back in the day; I wonder if this attitude springs from Axl himself.

I think a February release date is in serious question if there is no guitarist to replace Bucket unless they can convince him to come back.

I would not jump to the conclusion that the album isn't done and hasn't been mixed yet.  They talked to Ron about coming down and laying guitar tracks in September, but maybe they decided that they didn't want to have any guitar tracks recorded or re-recorded.  Also, I get the impression that GN'R has mixed tracks at various times throughout the last few years.  In other words, just because there may be a track or two that they are thinking about changing a guitar track, that doesn't mean that none of the tracks are finished and have been mixed.

I think that it is actually a positive sign that Ron didn't come in and record guitar tracks for the album.  Maybe they just thought the tracks were fine as is.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2004, 05:51:04 PM »

The communication on the part of the GnR camp is so bad it's truly amazing.  Ron Thal is offered a chance to collaborate with the group, but Axl didn't even talk to him?  This band is so loosely assembled it's really no wonder this album has taken so long to get done.  Tommy and Dizzy are saying that the album is pretty much finished, but then this guy is saying that as of a few months ago that some of the solos weren't finished.  I don't even know what to believe anymore, but this is getting out of hand.  How can someone be asked to join GnR and the band doesn't even talk to him to try to convince him to join? 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2004, 05:59:49 PM »

How can someone be asked to join GnR and the band doesn't even talk to him to try to convince him to join??
Who was asked to join GnR?
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2004, 07:18:42 PM »

More Proof that slash was right when he said only 2 tracks have been completed by axl rose.

Tongue

-------and time goes by-------
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2004, 07:31:54 PM »

Interesting interview. I can't believe management is so unprofessional.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2004, 07:37:14 PM »

Slash said there were only 2 or 3 tracks with vocals on them. Thats easier to believe. Much of the music has been done for years with solos needing redone because of rotating guitar players.
estranged.1098
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2004, 08:04:11 PM »

More Proof that slash was right when he said only 2 tracks have been completed by axl rose.

Tongue

This is proof?

Wow, you're a detective.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2004, 10:56:08 PM »

Tongue

This is proof?

Wow, you're a detective.

rofl
I don't think we should believe in Ron more than in Tommy. I really liked the guy, he seems to be pretty cool, but he wasn't in gnr camp and didn't know what was really going on by that time. Tommy and Dizzy talked about final mix or masterizing. They never talked about this stage of the album before.
Why some people only believe in the negative side?  Undecided

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2004, 02:18:35 PM »

I believe he said that he hadn't heard anything from the GNR camp in about 2 months prior to him posting that bit on his website.? I kind of believe that if that's the case, GNR must have already decided against using him.? So he probably didn't hurt his chances, he just pissed them off a little.?
Yeah, in that case, could be that?s the very reason he started this after 2months of no news from the GNR management, just to piss them off. And/or maybe it had something to do with his forum name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: