Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff  (Read 20169 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: October 23, 2004, 07:05:31 PM »

Well, I'm not sure if this is the right section (mods, feel free to move the topic), but here it is...

My friend Fuckin' Gunner interviewed Ron Thal to his website and the guy told some really interesting stuff about his career and, obvious, Guns N' Roses. It's an exclusive interview to the Brazilian site www.nightrain.cjb.net, but it's in english too: http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/nightrainfg/nightrain/entrevistas/005.htm

Hope you all enjoy it!  ok

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 07:13:30 PM »

cool read...and for all the fans out there who doubt bummblefoot..hes a standup guy. I have been talking to him for weeks.

btw check out my site...your boy younggunner is 2004 wiffle ball champion of the world
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?cmenuid=1&url=njswingers&sid=553416593

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 07:17:11 PM »

That was a good read, although I don't like reading parts about coming in and still laying down some solos for the CD. You'd think we'd be past that point already if the thing is supposedly ready to go. Also, his comment about making positive comments about Slash and VR hurting his chances of making the band sound about par for the course. That shows that they (GNR and management) are obviously watching what is going on with that band.

I am bummed Bumblefoot didn't make the band. Looking at his interviews he seems like a real stand up guy and is totally open with his fans, which would be much appreciated among the GNR fan base. He certainly would have been appreciated.
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 07:18:10 PM »

looks like a nice guy, >GNR management sucks  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 07:32:50 PM »

He heard the studio version of "The Blues"? Damn, I HATE this guy. Them having him come in and lay down solos pretty much guarantees that Buckethead's parts are being re-done.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 07:33:29 PM »

What Ron was talking about is exactly what I meant when I said I thought management lied about why they approached him, and how they covered their asses by getting him to issue a "retraction" on his website.  I think they wanted him to replace Buckethead, and were pissed that he went public, regardless of the fact that his intentions were good, and then got him to issue a "retraction" because they didn't want it known they wanted him to replace Bucket.

The fact that his chances would be hurt by talking positively about Slash and VR is beyond stupid.  I hope that is just a rumor.

Ali
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 07:42:25 PM »

The fact that his chances would be hurt by talking positively about Slash and VR is beyond stupid.  I hope that is just a rumor.

Ron seems to have been honest this entire time and everything with him has been on the up and up.....why would he just make that up? Its not even like he got all bitter after this happened and starting slamming everyone, he just seems to tell his story like it happened. Would it really surprise anyone if that was said to him?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 08:03:56 PM »

The fact that his chances would be hurt by talking positively about Slash and VR is beyond stupid.? I hope that is just a rumor.

Ron seems to have been honest this entire time and everything with him has been on the up and up.....why would he just make that up? Its not even like he got all bitter after this happened and starting slamming everyone, he just seems to tell his story like it happened. Would it really surprise anyone if that was said to him?

Naupis, I'm not saying that Ron is making that up.  I'm saying it would stupid, childish and petty on Managment and Axl's part to hold something like that against him.  I just hope that they aren't that petty.  After all, Richard Fortus went to a VR show in NYC.  What's Axl gonna do, fire him because of that?  hihi

Ali
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 08:21:56 PM »

the link didn't work for me

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 08:30:41 PM »

Did you tried this link? http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/nightrainfg/nightrain/entrevistas/005.htm

It's geocities, maybe you should try a few more times...  Wink

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 08:44:58 PM »

Nightrain: What's your favourite GN'R song?

Hmmmmmmmm... Rocket Queen, Mr. Brownstone, Don't Cry... hard to say, I like all their old stuff... SLASH KICKS ASS.

No wonder they didn't want him rofl rofl rofl
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 08:49:41 PM »

Them having him come in and lay down solos pretty much guarantees that Buckethead's parts are being re-done.

Not completely, mind you:

"[..] they were looking to replace Buckethead, there would be a few solos left to finish the CD, then start touring, [..]"

Based on this, I might even go out on a limb and suggest Thal would've only put his signature in a few solos originally done by Bucket, instead replacing his stuff altogether.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 08:58:08 PM »

With that in mind, I wonder even more why they can't just have Finck do it.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 09:12:50 PM »

How fuckin stupid can this Bumblefoot guy be NOT to have known that going public was gonna piss people off?? If there's one thing that everyone knows about the GNR world is that if you're an "insider" at any level, you DON'T say shit about shit!!!? And for those of you who are gonna try to use the argument that "rumors were going around so he went public to address them" .... well that don't fuckin' fly because who the fuck started the rumors?Huh It had to be him!!!? He had to tell someone about what was going on and then that someone told someone else and so on and so on.? ?rant

I agree with SOH ... just have Robin do it.? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 09:37:54 PM »

Damn I would love to hear the studio version of the blues. I guess we'll see it...'soon'.

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 09:51:18 PM »

Did you tried this link? http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/nightrainfg/nightrain/entrevistas/005.htm

It's geocities, maybe you should try a few more times...? Wink

worked now, thanks man! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 09:53:06 PM »

Can't help but feel bad for the guy.  Seems so nice about everything.  I guess he didn't really agree with everything they wanted anyway.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 09:54:21 PM »

How fuckin stupid can this Bumblefoot guy be NOT to have known that going public was gonna piss people off?? If there's one thing that everyone knows about the GNR world is that if you're an "insider" at any level, you DON'T say shit about shit!!!? And for those of you who are gonna try to use the argument that "rumors were going around so he went public to address them" .... well that don't fuckin' fly because who the fuck started the rumors?Huh It had to be him!!!? He had to tell someone about what was going on and then that someone told someone else and so on and so on.? ?rant

I agree with SOH ... just have Robin do it.? ok
Altought he didn't need to know how the GNR fans would act in that case, it's indeed pretty wierd the way he did the whole thing. The blurb wasn't big enough and he must knew that the any info regarding a big band would spread in the internet in a blink.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2004, 10:23:46 PM »

Damn, he doesn't know how lucky he is to have heard 'The Blues' studio version. Argh!

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Sterlingdog
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2004, 10:26:12 PM »

I believe he said that he hadn't heard anything from the GNR camp in about 2 months prior to him posting that bit on his website.  I kind of believe that if that's the case, GNR must have already decided against using him.  So he probably didn't hurt his chances, he just pissed them off a little. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: