Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland 12 bar blues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland 12 bar blues  (Read 4122 times)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« on: October 22, 2004, 11:22:05 PM »

I have never seen anyone post about this album on the board before. I am actually looking for a review I guess. It's his solo album after he left/got kicked out of? Stp the first time. Anyone heard it?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 11:27:44 PM »

I have it. Some songs are pretty cool, but would have been much better without the screeching guitar parts in a few songs. Its not really something you can listen to with the volume way up, because some of the instrumentation is very noisy and unlistenable. Jimmy was a Stimulator and Mockingbird Girl i like.
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 11:38:34 PM »

I have it. Some songs are pretty cool, but would have been much better without the screeching guitar parts in a few songs. Its not really something you can listen to with the volume way up, because some of the instrumentation is very noisy and unlistenable. Jimmy was a Stimulator and Mockingbird Girl i like.

Does it sound like STP or did he go in a different direction. And should I bother picking it up?

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 11:45:08 PM »

Go to Amazon.com and listen to it.
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 12:05:30 AM »

It doesn't sound anything like STP.  Very artsy and experimental.  Lots of electronica-type stuff.  Lots of Bowie and Lennon influence.  I like some of it, don't care for other parts.  I love "Where's the Man" though.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 12:25:09 AM »

Its a good album.  Interesting, at the very least. 

Some dumb lyrics, which is par for Weiland, but early every song has a great hook.  Only songs I dont care much for are "Cool Kiss," "Opposite Octave Reaction"Jimmy Was A Stimulator."  Everything else ranges from good to great.  Standouts are "Barbarella," "Lady, Your Roof Brings Me Down," "Wheres The Man," and "Son.  Try to check out the rare "Lazy Divey," which was only on promo copies - its a great song.  Its an album worth checking out.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 12:59:46 AM »

Barbarella!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 05:51:06 AM »

See, I've always been a fan of Scott Weiland and STP, but ever since he joined Slash, Duff and Co in VR, he's dissapointed me with his non-sense rants about their " dangerous" life style and other cliches. Great singer and performer though.

On topic,as Booker pointed out, "12 bar blues" is an interesting album to say the least. The first time I've heard it I thought it was the most pretentious crap I've heard in my life. Way out of his league. However, it does grow on you. It's far different from STP. I think it was recorded between " Tiny Music" and " Number 4". Barbarella is the best song ( too bad he didn't write it) " About Nothing", " Lady, your roof brings me down" ( has a Tom Waitts sound) and "Mockingbird Girl" are other highlights.

I don't understand though how Scott is credited as a guitar player in pretty much all of the tracks when he is a self-confesed I-don't-play-guitar-cause-I-don't-know-how. Studio Miracles I guess....

The best Scott Weiland song solo is not featured here though. It's called " But not Tonight" and it's featured on the " Not another teen movie" soundtrack. Do yourself a favor and download it. Great song!

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 03:33:58 PM »

I love cool kiss

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 04:29:07 PM »

The best Scott Weiland song solo is not featured here though. It's called " But not Tonight" and it's featured on the " Not another teen movie" soundtrack. Do yourself a favor and download it. Great song!

I agree This album is great but "But Not Tonight", which was originally done by Depeche Mode is awesome.  Weiland really nailed it on that song.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2004, 12:32:37 PM »

I agree This album is great but "But Not Tonight", which was originally done by Depeche Mode is awesome.? Weiland really nailed it on that song.

your telling me!! I just DLed it, its specatucular, thank u

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 06:32:30 PM »

The album is in fact interesting, an aquired taste which I haven't aquired the taste for yet.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 05:16:24 AM »

I haven't heard shit off of it, but after reading this post , I just may have to get it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 05:19:02 AM by tomass74 » Logged

darkdays_01
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 10:18:46 PM »

This album is pretty good, like someone mentioned it is an acquired taste , i bought it back when it was first released and at first i thought it was the shittiest cd ever but after a few more listens i started to really like it.
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 10:25:15 PM »

I haven't heard shit off of it, but after reading this post , I just may have to get it.

are u reading this scott weiland? I am selling units for you. Wheres my check?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: