Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:34:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SCOTT WEILAND Slams CLASSIC ROCK Magazine Writer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOTT WEILAND Slams CLASSIC ROCK Magazine Writer  (Read 2440 times)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« on: October 22, 2004, 10:42:40 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has posted the following message on the group's web site:

"To Jeffy: Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the shark-infested waters of the once respected world of rock and roll journalism, I meet Jeffy. At the end of the interview, I give him a rare compliment about the integrity of his magazine, saying how much I like Classic Rock; it's an actual music magazine for music fans. Jeffy took this as a sign of weakness. He uses it as my final quote to close his piece on me, alleging that due to my 'nice boy' demeanor, I must not be quite the legend that he was hoping to talk to. I live my life: 'musician', 'junkie', 'artist', 'friend', 'ex-felon', 'father', 'husband', 'rock star'. Who are you? A man so desperate to take a sincere rare compliment after the completion of an interview and use it against me? I still like Classic Rock magazine, and Ross Halfin, legendary photographer, way out of your league, but as for you? Where's that fucking fly swatter?"

www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 02:50:04 PM »

Was that in reference to the article about VR in the upcoming November issue? I don't think it's out here in the US yet... but poor Scott. Every journalist seems to be picking on him, I guess.

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 05:05:47 PM »

Does anybody think that Classic Rock will print something about it in their next issue?

I bet it'll have a nice headline too......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darkmonth
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 05:26:46 PM »

I like Classic Rock, but it's sometimes a tad annoying... they still owe me a CD!  I got letter of the month once... never arrived... I'm waiting... 3 years later !!! :|
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 05:57:56 PM »

I got that mag, the writer goes on about all the bad things said about scott and how he's not going to do what everyone else does, yet he does consistantly compare them to GNR and axl alot. I dont really get what scotts saying, but then maybe I dont read into it enough Roll Eyes
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 07:46:36 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has posted the following message on the group's web site:

"To Jeffy: Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the shark-infested waters of the once respected world of rock and roll journalism, I meet Jeffy. At the end of the interview, I give him a rare compliment about the integrity of his magazine, saying how much I like Classic Rock; it's an actual music magazine for music fans. Jeffy took this as a sign of weakness. He uses it as my final quote to close his piece on me, alleging that due to my 'nice boy' demeanor, I must not be quite the legend that he was hoping to talk to. I live my life: 'musician', 'junkie', 'artist', 'friend', 'ex-felon', 'father', 'husband', 'rock star'. Who are you? A man so desperate to take a sincere rare compliment after the completion of an interview and use it against me? I still like Classic Rock magazine, and Ross Halfin, legendary photographer, way out of your league, but as for you? Where's that fucking fly swatter?"
www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net

i always love Scott's rants.  Grin he can be quite a dick...  ok
darkdays_01
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 08:20:40 PM »

Good for Scott, I mean he really has done alot for himself in the last year for his life, got his family back, got clean, and has got a great new band, You gotta give the guy some credit. It seems at every chance they got some journalist one way or another goes out of there way to try to provoke the guy, that is for sure one thing him and Axl Rose has in common. So like I said good for Scott, let the bastards have it man.
SADIS
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 05:21:45 AM »

Who needs press anyway these days? Fuck that shit, we got internet these days, power to the people and power to the fans. Fuck them, and fuck the journalists. I'll find it myself.

So any journalists reading? You're days are way over, and you know it. The media is nothing but a manipulating machine tryin to rip of people...........
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: