Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pre-UYI, a "Bad Apples" rough mix was leaked.. can it happen again?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-UYI, a "Bad Apples" rough mix was leaked.. can it happen again?  (Read 4971 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: October 22, 2004, 10:19:44 AM »

I remember this vividly - I was driving down the road and the local rock station played "Brand new Guns n Roses" - the DJ called it a rough mix of a track fron their new album.  The song was "Bad Apples" - and the mix definitely sounded 'off' - then, like 6 hours later, the station said they were forbidden from ever playing said track again.  (I think they had played it two or three times during that time period)

I dont remember exactly how long pre-UYI this was, but it was at the very least a couple of months. (I want to put it closer to 6, but perhaps someone else who remembers this can corroborate?)

So, the question is, can it happen again?  I mean, to begin with, we'd have to determine why the initial leak occurred.  Did it happen 'on purpose' to test the waters?  Or was it just some kid working at the studio who wanted his 15 minutes of fame?  I'm not quite sure.. but I did get to thinking.

IRS - Some say it was played, some say it wasn't - I happen to believe it was, for a myriad of reasons.. but, again, it was one of those 'you had to be there' things, as it seems the entire event has been almost erased from the record, so to speak.  I find it fascinating that the 20+ minutes of calls after the track was supposedly played on Trunk's show have disappeared, too.  About the only remaining 'earwitness' accounts to the event are posts at the time on Eddie Trunk's message board.

Axl playing songs in strip clubs - Its 1:30 AM, you're unwinding from a hard week of work, watching scantily clad women, well, become less scantily clad.  All of a sudden, the DJ starts playing 3 or 4 songs that sound.. vaguely familiar, vocally - but you just can't place it.. possibly due to the tequila haze and the gorgeous brunette dancing not 6 feet away from you.  - Given that, yeah, I'm not that surprised that no one taped it.

The radio ad for the Boston Concerts - where did the mixes for this ad come from?  there was some definite 'studio polish' to those few brief clips heard on there.. but who did the ad, the mixing, the sourcing, etc?

The often rumored, never confirmed '4 track demo' disk: Remember this one, supposedly contained studio copies of Maddy, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, and some other song.. a few 'in the biz' type people claimed to have heard of it, yet its never shown up, hide nor hair.

Here's what I know.. there is a serious, serious informational lockdown right now.  It could be due to the lawsuits, it could be new confidentiality agreements being drawn up, etc, etc.  Just like all other dams filled to the brim, this one has the potential to crack, and soon.  Does anyone else find it.. strange that Buckethead (ok, Herbie) hasn't said anything since his supposed exiting from the band?  Another confidentiality agreement?  Or, is it possible its just another person that "doesn't care" about this band enough to talk about it anymore.   Both possibilities intrigue me.

So, back to my original question - given the somewhat.. odd ways we've been exposed to snippets of new material (or hearsay thereof) - do you think there's any sort of realistic chance we'll hear some sort of a leak, of, well, anything?

Aah, the strange and whacky world of GNR - the more things change, the more they stay the same.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 10:23:04 AM »

Yeah teh bad apple's leak.. I think if it ever happened again it would be planned.. I find it amazing how with all the members who have worked on this that it hasn't leaked a song yet..

We already had a leak, I.R.S. rofl
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 10:38:50 AM »

I remember this vividly - I was driving down the road and the local rock station played "Brand new Guns n Roses" - the DJ called it a rough mix of a track fron their new album.? The song was "Bad Apples" - and the mix definitely sounded 'off' - then, like 6 hours later, the station said they were forbidden from ever playing said track again.? (I think they had played it two or three times during that time period)

I dont remember exactly how long pre-UYI this was, but it was at the very least a couple of months. (I want to put it closer to 6, but perhaps someone else who remembers this can corroborate?)

So, the question is, can it happen again?? I mean, to begin with, we'd have to determine why the initial leak occurred.? Did it happen 'on purpose' to test the waters?? Or was it just some kid working at the studio who wanted his 15 minutes of fame?? I'm not quite sure.. but I did get to thinking.

IRS - Some say it was played, some say it wasn't - I happen to believe it was, for a myriad of reasons.. but, again, it was one of those 'you had to be there' things, as it seems the entire event has been almost erased from the record, so to speak.? I find it fascinating that the 20+ minutes of calls after the track was supposedly played on Trunk's show have disappeared, too.? About the only remaining 'earwitness' accounts to the event are posts at the time on Eddie Trunk's message board.

Axl playing songs in strip clubs - Its 1:30 AM, you're unwinding from a hard week of work, watching scantily clad women, well, become less scantily clad.? All of a sudden, the DJ starts playing 3 or 4 songs that sound.. vaguely familiar, vocally - but you just can't place it.. possibly due to the tequila haze and the gorgeous brunette dancing not 6 feet away from you.? - Given that, yeah, I'm not that surprised that no one taped it.

The radio ad for the Boston Concerts - where did the mixes for this ad come from?? there was some definite 'studio polish' to those few brief clips heard on there.. but who did the ad, the mixing, the sourcing, etc?

The often rumored, never confirmed '4 track demo' disk: Remember this one, supposedly contained studio copies of Maddy, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, and some other song.. a few 'in the biz' type people claimed to have heard of it, yet its never shown up, hide nor hair.

Here's what I know.. there is a serious, serious informational lockdown right now.? It could be due to the lawsuits, it could be new confidentiality agreements being drawn up, etc, etc.? Just like all other dams filled to the brim, this one has the potential to crack, and soon.? Does anyone else find it.. strange that Buckethead (ok, Herbie) hasn't said anything since his supposed exiting from the band?? Another confidentiality agreement?? Or, is it possible its just another person that "doesn't care" about this band enough to talk about it anymore.? ?Both possibilities intrigue me.

So, back to my original question - given the somewhat.. odd ways we've been exposed to snippets of new material (or hearsay thereof) - do you think there's any sort of realistic chance we'll hear some sort of a leak, of, well, anything?

Aah, the strange and whacky world of GNR - the more things change, the more they stay the same.

-darknemus

As far as the clips of the new songs played in that radio ad for the Boston show, I called the station they were played on, and they said that those ads are not made in house.

That makes sense in light of what Tommy Stinson has said in the last couple of months.  He said he heard final mixes of six or seven new songs before he left L.A., and these were songs that were more recent in the writing and recording process.  Adding all that up, I would say that there were at least rough mixes of songs like "Madagascar", "The Blues" and "Chinese Democracy" that were used in that radio ad.

But, if these rough mixes haven't popped up yet, I don't think they will.  I think the best chance of the album leaking is when it goes to the manufacturing plants, whenever that happens to be.

Ali
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 10:44:50 AM »

No, I don't think it will happen again...but who actually knows what the status of the album really is anyway?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 10:59:31 AM »

Thoses ads appeared at least in the Boston and Hartford markets so no single radio station could have done it. My guess it that they were awesome SBs but more likely studio clips.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 01:05:27 PM »

Thoses ads appeared at least in the Boston and Hartford markets so no single radio station could have done it. My guess it that they were awesome SBs but more likely studio clips.

Soundboard clips that were tinkered with in the studio rofl

Either way....I don't think it sounded live to me.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 01:22:11 PM »

Soundboard clips that were tinkered with in the studio rofl

Either way....I don't think it sounded live to me.
Because it's not live. How can they put the ending Fortus solo in The Blues if the song wasn't played with this add till the NA Tour?

axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 03:01:59 PM »

Does anyone have these ad's, i would like to hear what you are all talking about...

Thanks

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 03:06:18 PM »

well, the new A Perfect Circle album have leaked, not that i have downloaded it! Because i hate when albums leak! I really hope Chinede Democracy doesnt leak!! ! !

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
estranged.1098
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 05:44:03 PM »

Does anyone have these ad's, i would like to hear what you are all talking about...

Thanks

newgnr.com -> enter the site -> multimedia -> audio -> studioclips.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 05:41:31 PM »

"The often rumored, never confirmed '4 track demo' disk: Remember this one, supposedly contained studio copies of Maddy, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, and some other song.. a few 'in the biz' type people claimed to have heard of it, yet its never shown up, hide nor hair."

These were not studio demo tracks, they were soundboards from the euro tour. I remember someone from the gnr bar, we all know who, talks to someone from mtv, and that mtv exec had the cd and he said it was live versions not studio cuts.

As for the boston clips they were defintitly studio clips since no bootleg we heard, and we heard them all sounded like that.
The way axl sounded or the way the songs were played.

Also that clip was sent out to a few stations since someone said they heard the same ad but in calif with different call letters.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 05:44:05 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »

It was a Clear Channel-created ad, and they were definitely studio cuts, unless they were soundboards with 100% Pro Tools, which isn't likely.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 11:28:03 PM »

(TIED HANDS) thats a cool name but how do you type?
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 11:36:28 PM »

Fine....leve me hanngin
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 11:49:28 PM »

Man no one answers my questions...... Embarrassed
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 12:03:28 AM »

he types with his member, ok?

I think we'd have a better chance to infiltrate the CIA than we do of hearing a CD leak pre-processing plant, at least.....Look  at how Island execs have sworn life n limb to protect the new U2 release (aside from the rough mix fiasco)....I'd say the paranoia around the GNR camp is ten-fold...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 12:07:42 AM by oneway23 » Logged
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 12:06:06 AM »

god ok....dont be mean
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 12:08:47 AM »

My apologies.....all is rosey....
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 12:15:39 AM »

cool
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 01:50:16 AM »

I'm sure Axl will burn every single copy on his PC, to make sure there'll be no leaks  hihi A leak is always possible, and in today's world, probable. Almost everything gets leaked, but on the flip side, this is no ordinary album.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: