Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Live and Let Die - theme for New Reality Show?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live and Let Die - theme for New Reality Show?  (Read 9019 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 02:22:13 PM »

I hear the commercial on Fox countless times watching football or baseball. It is 100% Axl's voice. Im shocked anyone here could think its someone else singing. Get some hearing aids people. Huh It also sounds like the UYL, If not maybe a very touched up live version. Or of couse, an Axl special, remastered in the studio and made just for tv.

yeah its 100% axl just like people were claiming it was 100% axl singing my fave pillow.
Its not axl its that simple. You really think a crappy fox show is going to dish out all that many for a 2 sec voice clip of axl rose, I dont think so.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 03:17:07 PM »

We all have heard axl ten million times from shows, and albums, and we're waiting for an album, so if I keep hearing live n let die and axl rose's voice doesn't jump out and register to our brains immedialty then it's not axl rose..

That commercial is on alot, if it was gnr we would know it and it would be a fact in writing somewhere..
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 06:35:32 PM »

Ok well, you guys must not know Axl's voice as well as you think you do. Just because FOX hasnt released info that Axl ok's the song, doesnt mean its not him singing. Get a clue. And we also know Axl at one time probably re-recorded every GNR song.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 06:41:15 PM »

Ok well, you guys must not know Axl's voice as well as you think you do. Just because FOX hasnt released info that Axl ok's the song, doesnt mean its not him singing. Get a clue. And we also know Axl at one time probably re-recorded every GNR song.

Not that I care but it might be possible that the Rebel Billionaire website would credit the band who sing sthe song in the commercial.. It's a long shot but if you're curious then check it out..
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2004, 08:01:25 PM »

I know axls voice a lot better than you, and this was the same claim people were making about when I and others said it was not axls voice on my fave pillow. Just give it up already.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 09:14:18 PM »

I'm suprised anyone can be so certain that it is or isn't Axl's voice.  If you all saw the same commercial I did, that is.  The one I saw, I had to turn the volume way up and only heard the song for a second.  There's no way I can be sure what I heard, I barely even heard enough to recognize the song. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2004, 08:41:34 PM »

I am going to change what I said, I have been listening a little closer as I watch the world series and I hear live n let die said twice and it sounds like axl, I'm pretty sure it's him.. peace
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2004, 08:44:59 PM »

Sounds like GNR to me

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2004, 10:21:19 PM »

nooooooooooo....its jesus
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 07:57:49 PM »

Personally, to me, it sounds like Axl. But, as many have said, the song is kinda buried, and its hard to tell. For all we know, it could be some shitty GN'R tribute band. Its nothing major, really. Unless, of course, it turns out to be a re-recorded version with the new lineup which is well, doubtful.

By the way, Dave, shut the fuck up and stop trying to sound important. You don't know Axl's voice better than anyone. You can be a total pain in the ass sometimes.

By the way, I still say "My Favorite Pillow" could have passed for a GN'R song if it wasn't for the asinine lyrics (and the full song eventually coming to the surface.)

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2004, 12:54:56 AM »

Personally, to me, it sounds like Axl. But, as many have said, the song is kinda buried, and its hard to tell. For all we know, it could be some shitty GN'R tribute band. Its nothing major, really. Unless, of course, it turns out to be a re-recorded version with the new lineup which is well, doubtful.

By the way, Dave, shut the fuck up and stop trying to sound important. You don't know Axl's voice better than anyone. You can be a total pain in the ass sometimes.

By the way, I still say "My Favorite Pillow" could have passed for a GN'R song if it wasn't for the asinine lyrics (and the full song eventually coming to the surface.)

-Jeff

That is funny since Jabba was the first to bring up we might not know Axls voice as good as we think we do. So why didnt? you bash him first since he was the one that started that? I dont see you telling him to shut the fuck up.? I was just giving him back his on medicine but I guess its ok for him to do it but not me right?

As for my fave pillow i always said it was not axl yet people claimed it was 100% axl etc etc.

Now could that be axl on the ad, sure, like someone said no one can be 100% sure but it doesnt sound like him but again the voice is buried ,so it just might be. The clip is too short anyways.

But next time you want to bash someone, dont.? Because now you look really bad for bashing me when in fact someone else said we dont know axls voice which prompted me to say I know his voice better than him.

You can think its axl or you can think its not, but no one can say they know 100% since no one does now. so right now its just a guessing game. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 01:03:29 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2004, 04:37:28 PM »

Lets just say it COULD be axl..
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2004, 04:53:39 PM »

From my perspective I was sitting here with my back to the TV and I heard it come on behind me and I immediatly had to turn around cause when I heard the vocal ,I immediatly thought it was axl and I wanted to see what was on...........so I dunno.....sounded like Axl to me.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2004, 09:17:22 AM »

it's Butch Walker.

i'm on his mailing list and he sent an update today where he stated he was covering "live and let die" for the Richard Branson reality show.
also, he has produced a version of Wham's "last christmas" for The Donnas and he has co-wrote a track with Tommy Lee!
if u're not a fan of this guy, you should be!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2004, 10:51:29 AM »

Oh my god! Is this the crappiest thread in the world or what? Its sounds like kids arguing. "It Axls voice"  - "Its not Axls Voice"  - "I know Axls voice better than you do".

Fucks sake

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2004, 11:27:40 AM »

it's Butch Walker.

i'm on his mailing list and he sent an update today where he stated he was covering "live and let die" for the Richard Branson reality show.
also, he has produced a version of Wham's "last christmas" for The Donnas and he has co-wrote a track with Tommy Lee!
if u're not a fan of this guy, you should be!

I concur. I am also on Butch's mailing list, although I would have never guessed it was Butch unless he told us. He also mentioned the song would be available at itunes in the near future.
And yes, Butch is the man!
echeguns
Headliner

Never too old to rock n roll!

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2004, 01:26:29 PM »

Butch is the man.  Great singer, writer and producer.  It's been a great year for him.

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2004, 06:27:53 PM »

Told ya it wasnt axl.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2004, 06:47:14 PM »

Well Dave, i have to say im impressed u were able to recognize Axl's voice that well. It totally sounded like Axl to me.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2004, 07:11:30 PM »

Well Dave, i have to say im impressed u were able to recognize Axl's voice that well. It totally sounded like Axl to me.

The reason people thought it was is because certain people kept saying it was him, so your mind is going to make you think it was him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: