Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Antimusic interview with Dizzy: Possible february release
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Antimusic interview with Dizzy: Possible february release  (Read 12269 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« on: October 20, 2004, 07:25:18 AM »

Here's the link:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/04/oct/item13.shtml

Basically dizzy says that a february release seems more likely than a november one. Looks strange that he still doesn't rule out Chinese Democracy coming out in a month time!!.

pd: sorry for my spelling, i'm from spain.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 07:41:57 AM »

Thanks dude.

Here's the article:

Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy" May Surface in Feb

10-20-04
(antiMUSIC) If you were hoping for a Guns N' Roses Christmas, there is still a remote chance that will happen but we will more likely see the long awaited release of 'Chinese Democracy' in February... if things go according to current plans. 
antiMUSIC spoke with long-time Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed this week to follow up on an interview he did with Richmond.com last month, which was picked up by some internet music news sites last week, where he said of the release of the album, "They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now."

A lot can change in a month so we asked Dizzy what the plans look like now. He reiterated the November target and February fallback. He told antiMUSIC that the November release still has a remote possibility of happening, but the February release is more likely. However, he said that the only definite answer he could give is that it will "be out soon". 

Dizzy seems confident in the final product. He told us that he heard a few of the finished tracks recently and they sound great. 

Meanwhile, Dizzy isn't sitting around waiting for the release. He has spent the past few months touring with his band " Dizzy Reed's Hollywood Bulldozer".  During these shows Dizzy and company treat fans to rock classics from bands like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, The Who, Bowie, The Stones and yes GNR, interspersed with a little humor between songs. The band kicks off another leg of their tour this week on the East Coast (see below). 

Dizzy is the second longest standing member of Guns N' Roses, he joined the group during the "Use Your Illusion" sessions. 

Dizzy Reed's Hollywood Bulldozer Tour Dates
10/20 Mexicali Blues, Teaneck, NJ
10/21 Northeastern University, Boston, MA 
10/22 Washington & Lee University, Lexington, VA
10/23, Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, NC 
10/ 29 University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 
10/30 Ned Devine's, Hernden, VA

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 07:48:32 AM »

Strange goings on

Given the nature of the bands they are covering I'd quite like to see Dizzy's band, but doesn't look like much chance of coming to the uk!

Here today...ready to rock
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 07:50:01 AM »

Be welcome!!.

Is it possible for a music cd to hit the stores in more o less a month's time with zero publicity at the time being (now)Huh?.

Let's hope anyway that dizzy is correct and actually knows the current status of cd beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 07:52:32 AM »

I hope it'll be released after april, april fools day just isn't fun without fucking with gnr fans Cheesy:D

Like peeing clouds!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 08:25:58 AM »

For all we know that interview could have been taken a month ago.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 09:37:27 AM »

True, we don't know for sure what date the interview took place on. But, the date on the actual article is: 10-20-04

Isn't it funny how people in the band(other than axl) refer the band as 'them'? Another thing that bugs me about this (and every other GnR interview) is when they say they've heard 'a couple' of tracks.... I find it hard to believe the artists in this band would only have heard a couple of the finished tracks. If it were me I'd have a bootleg of it already and listening to it everyday, assuming it's 'mind blowing' and 'fucking huge' or whatever we've heard.

I hope Dizzy knows what he's talking about. I think I believe what he says over anybody else at this point since he is more than likely the closest to Axl.

Anyways, thanks for posting the article.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 10:01:45 AM »

For all we know that interview could have been taken a month ago.

Well, they did say that they spoke to him this week.  Seems current to me.

Ali
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 10:10:24 AM »

I hope it'll be released after april, april fools day just isn't fun without fucking with gnr fans Cheesy:D

Last year it broke my heart, so please let it be out before april fools.  Tongue

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
W.Bailey
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 10:52:32 AM »

every freakin 2 months dizzy freakin reed says that "it will be out real soon"

why do people lsiten?
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 11:52:23 AM »

True, we don't know for sure what date the interview took place on. But, the date on the actual article is: 10-20-04

Isn't it funny how people in the band(other than axl) refer the band as 'them'? Another thing that bugs me about this (and every other GnR interview) is when they say they've heard 'a couple' of tracks.... I find it hard to believe the artists in this band would only have heard a couple of the finished tracks. If it were me I'd have a bootleg of it already and listening to it everyday, assuming it's 'mind blowing' and 'fucking huge' or whatever we've heard.

I hope Dizzy knows what he's talking about. I think I believe what he says over anybody else at this point since he is more than likely the closest to Axl.

Anyways, thanks for posting the article.

Axl is probably ultra paranoid about the album getting leaked. He is probably keeping the thing under lock and key. It sounds like Tommy and Dizzy both heard these so called final mixes around the same time. I doubt Axl would allow them to have copies of the album.

Slash said it best in an old interview with NME shortly before illusions were released. When asked about the album he said "Everythings been really fucking hush-hush and no one knows what the fuck we're doing" Seems that this attiute has been transported from the old band into the new one and since there are only two original members i wonder who is responsible for that. My money is on Dizzy!  Smiley

Jonx
Sterlingdog
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 12:00:07 PM »

"antiMUSIC spoke with long-time Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed this week to follow up on an interview he did with Richmond.com last month, which was picked up by some internet music news sites last week"

I think that should show that the interview is current, from this week. 
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 12:32:44 PM »

WTF now February? This happens EVERY time. Every time they give us a date and we get close to it, they change it 3 months ahead of that date. By Christmas nothing will happen, people will start to make rumors that a spring release will be better. Then in the spring something will happen in the band, someone will release a solo album and they wont want to release Chinese Democracy. And just more BS in the summer. I remember back in 2002 when people where joking around about a 2005 release. We all laughed at them. WELL LOOK WHOS LAUGHING NOW!

I've waited for this damn thing far to long. Give ME my god damn music I DESERVE Axl. I went to your shity concert in Fargo and Minneapolis. I paid $100 three years ago to see you live, and in return you have given me nothing. What a joke.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 01:45:59 PM »

Maybe it's part of the security concerns, to keep CD from leaking?

U2's Edge misplaced a CDR of their latest album on a photo shoot..  hihi

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 01:54:48 PM »

I've waited for this damn thing far to long. Give ME my god damn music I DESERVE Axl. I went to your shity concert in Fargo and Minneapolis. I paid $100 three years ago to see you live, and in return you have given me nothing. What a joke.

What did you pay for? I thought you paid for concert tickets and actually got to see concerts.  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 01:55:05 PM »

WTF now February? This happens EVERY time. Every time they give us a date and we get close to it, they change it 3 months ahead of that date. By Christmas nothing will happen, people will start to make rumors that a spring release will be better. Then in the spring something will happen in the band, someone will release a solo album and they wont want to release Chinese Democracy. And just more BS in the summer. I remember back in 2002 when people where joking around about a 2005 release. We all laughed at them. WELL LOOK WHOS LAUGHING NOW!

Nobody with anything to do with the band has ever given us a release date.

P.S. Calm down fag.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 01:58:16 PM »

Does anyone know what songs Dizzy plays by those bands mentioned in the article?
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 01:58:48 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong... So, basically IF Chinese Democracy is due between November '04 and February '05, we would be getting some news between any time now and the last weeks of december, in regards to a single n' tour n' shit...
But that just seems so out of bounds right now..
Now wait a minute, and let me take this "an extra step further" peace hihi... Seriously, if they're on the way of settling a release date and tour in the timeframe that seems to be "within the next few months", there's very little time, and that would also mean 2 things: 1.) that they do not intend to replace Buckethead, and the Bumblefoot affair was another Ajax Garcia hoax, or 2.) that Buckethead may have already been replaced with none of us knowing, like when Richard joined the band, we knew nothing about it till it was officially announced on gnronline, or 3.) I must be reading too much into the lines.. Lips Sealed

Rock on

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2004, 02:10:55 PM »

Maybe it's part of the security concerns, to keep CD from leaking?

U2's Edge misplaced a CDR of their latest album on a photo shoot..

This is very possible because we do know how parnoid Axl is...  I think it is somewhat understandable too. Imagine if the early stuff they did leaked and everyone was like "this blows". We pretty much know they have changed the songs drastically. Or at least they better have since it has taken so damn long.

But at the same time, once the CD goes into mass production you can pretty much guarantee somebody is gonna smuggle it and boom... it will be all over the P2P networks.... I worked at Sony Manufacturing for about 3 months. One thing I know is that it would be so easy to steel an album/dvd/game/etc. without getting caught. At least you probably wouldn't get caught until axl & co found out... there are cameras everywhere so they could go back and find out who did it. But once it's out there ain't nothing Axl can do about it. It will spread like wild fire.

To put it into perspective, on my last day at Sony nobody asked me for my badge which is also a key. I could probably walk in there today and not a damn thing would happen. It's funny too because they have security guards at the doors. I carried a bag everyday in and out and they only checked it like twice.

They are just putting off the inevitable. At least when it does leak it will hopefully be the album they intended us to hear.

shaun
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2004, 02:11:38 PM »

YES!  Grin -? ok:? beer? ok? beer beer beer  Cheesy  Grin  ok
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 02:16:40 PM by shaun » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: