Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Opportunities Is Axl Talking About In Regards To B's Leaving The GNR Fold?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Opportunities Is Axl Talking About In Regards To B's Leaving The GNR Fold?  (Read 7301 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: October 20, 2004, 11:34:39 AM »

Nesquik got me thinking. I'll leave this open, but what opportunities is Axl talking about? What could this mean for Chinese Democracy. B's Departure allows them to do what for CD? I dont remember reading anyone talking about this.

So, what could these opportunites represent? Represent, and B, come on back dude.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 11:45:37 AM »

For real...  What the fuck? I think Axl knew Buckethead's departure would only worsen the situation by giving the media and us yet another thing to criticize the band about.  So they basically made up this bullshit story of how it would help the band... knowing it wasn't true. That's what I think anyways.... But we'll probably never know what the fuck Axl meant by those statements.

Bucket come back you fucker!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 11:59:32 AM »

For real...  What the fuck? I think Axl knew Buckethead's departure would only worsen the situation by giving the media and us yet another thing to criticize the band about.  So they basically made up this bullshit story of how it would help the band... knowing it wasn't true. That's what I think anyways.... But we'll probably never know what the fuck Axl meant by those statements.

Bucket come back you fucker!

Man, that is how I interpreted it too.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 12:16:33 PM »

I had wondered it myself, what I thought was a few things, but this stuck out in my mind..

I thought that he felt he could do better recording wise/speed without buckethead because he was delaying parts and now he could just use finck or fortus to finish them at a rapid pace.. Maybe he just felt with bucket out he could just use his reliable players, but hat's just a guess.

The reason I felt this is because I'm sure all the writing was done ,the riffs, and solos as well, so just playin them was left..

I wish I knew how long buckethead was slacking off for.?
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 12:17:03 PM »

BH's leaving might've been actually good news in terms of chemistry, atleast based on Tommy's pretty disheartened comments on the guy. As for the recording - it probably was a bluff. Could be a bit similar situation to when Robin left in '99 and Brian May was brought in to work on his parts.

"Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected... [...] but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered, and I wouldn't have been rude enough to attempt to do that. " - Axl

"Axl was feeling that er he was in a difficult place because the guitarist that he'd been working with on this new album had sort of replaced Slash, because er they fell out, sadly. I think that is sad actually, 'cos they both, well you know, brilliant talents and great with each other, but the guitarist that had done most of the tracks had departed and Axl had a real emotional attachment to what he'd done, and yet he didn't want him on the album - and I hope I'm not saying too much here - he didn't really want him to stay on the album because he'd disappeared, you know - so he's feeling a kind of divided loyalty and he said: 'Brian, can you come and do stuff which I WILL LIKE, (laughing) and I won't feel too bad about ditching this other stuff?'" - Brian May

I think that's what Axl meant - if you quit, you're off the record. Hard to say if he's even considered re-recording all of BH's parts with someone else, but if there's a new guitarist, he just might visit the studio to do some guitar tracks, for better or for worse.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:18:35 PM »

I agree, it was a case of turn a bad situation into a good one. Some PR exec probably wrote the statement for Axl and advised this.

Besides that, maybe he just meant it would give them freedom to get the record finished without the hang up of a band member who just wasn't committed (apparently)

Here today...ready to rock
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 07:19:05 PM »

Damn good question that I also thought about!

I always figured it was a bull$hit story to evade the Lisbon concert cause Axl wasn't ready. Now that we generally know Bucket is gone I don't know what to make of the press release. It could have been chemistry. I always wondered how Bucket would just stand there while the others were rocking to Paradise City or Jungle! If I was a lead I would be all over the place playing!. I am not dissing Bucket - he's awesome! - but chemistry wise I am not sure if he fit in. I would be happy either way, because he was quite talented.
That said, does Axl feel embarrassed about asking band members to do different things and try harder? I say this because Axl always says once the band member has been ejected is to " Push the Guitar parts further..." What the hell does that mean?

Good Topic!!

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 07:47:32 PM »

Nesquik got me thinking. I'll leave this open, but what opportunities is Axl talking about? What could this mean for Chinese Democracy. B's Departure allows them to do what for CD? I dont remember reading anyone talking about this.

So, what could these opportunites represent? Represent, and B, come on back dude.

Isn't the answer obvious? Huh

GUNS N' ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR 2005
Sponsored by:? KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN? ?hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 08:05:01 PM »

It means nothing, IMO. Just like everything else that comes from Axl's camp, it's just a bunch of meaningless BS, & it doesn't mean anything.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 08:29:18 PM »

Im still wondering why Axl hired BH in the first place. It was an odd choice and im glad BH is gone. GNR resembled Limp Bizkit or Marlyn Manson too much.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 09:53:20 PM »

Im still wondering why Axl hired BH in the first place. It was an odd choice and im glad BH is gone. GNR resembled Limp Bizkit or Marlyn Manson too much.

Buckethead couldn't be farther from Limp Bizkit or Manson.... WTF? Sure he's got a gimmicky look but aside from that I don't think he's out to please the TRL crowd anytime soon. In fact the closest he has ever been to that is when he was with GnR if you ask me....  And  that's no diss to GnR but they are more mainstream than anything Bucket has ever done.

Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 11:22:45 PM »

I'm sure that we will get something on gnronline along the lines of "On the subject of Buckethead Axl commented:..". Wink

beer

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 10:15:34 AM »

I really don't want Buckethead on the album, but not if it is gonna delay this thing even further.  I would like to see Robin handle the lead guitar duties on his own.  The we can really compare if the new GNR really upgraded their lead guitar position from the guy that wore a top hat. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 01:38:34 PM »

See, the thing is, is that if you remove Buckethead from the album, you aren't just eliminating the obvious guitar work. You would be removing the sounds he makes with his guitar and effects that isn't obviously coming from him. He adds a lot of trippy layers to the music, that I think adds to, what I am sure is, an already pretty canvas. The dude, does these things that if he is removed completely, will alter not just his guitar solos and leads. I think it was these things that make him who he is. How eclectic, experimental, and well, trippy.

Who he is, is what gave this new GNR an added opportunity for respect from the music insiders, and to break through to music lovers and aficionados.

Taking Axl at his word, what opportunity for the music could his departure from the project possibly be. The music is infinitely more important to the world then the live shows. Look no further then the Beatles. I don't accept that the opportunity was just to benefit the live form of GNR. That is bullshit. It has to be first and foremost about the music, and the music that is on the album. That is what will be remembered and that is what in the end anyone cares about. The live show, is only a small pimple on the ass of the music recorded in terms of importance.

I still can't see what these opportunities that Axl talked about could be? That make sense dude?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 02:11:29 PM »

idea How about this plain and simple one?

opportunity = More time for tweaking and twiddling
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 05:56:24 PM »

ppbebe, you are probably right.

Which, makes this a damn shame.

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 07:07:01 PM »

Re-Named old topic - but I liked Buckedhead - I loved him - I wish that he was still in the fold - if he can't be life goes on sadly

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 11:33:48 PM »

Re-Named old topic

Is it? I don't remember reading a topic on what Axl said. Man I just wanted to have what has been said about this Opportunity elaborated on. I think this was a strange thing to say.

Maybe it was just a cheap ploy to buy Axl more time in the studio. But what if he really meant what he said? 

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 01:46:08 AM »

well tommy also thinks its a good thing that BH left.  I just think the guy is a dick.  He probably caused tension in the band and held shit up.  Brain is still there.  Fuck him.  I just hope they rercord his parts.  I love his playing but Axl deserves someone who will be happy that they are in Guns n Roses and be dedicated.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 02:23:06 PM »

well tommy also thinks its a good thing that BH left.? I just think the guy is a dick.? He probably caused tension in the band and held shit up.? Brain is still there.? Fuck him.? I just hope they rercord his parts.? I love his playing but Axl deserves someone who will be happy that they are in Guns n Roses and be dedicated.

Maybe buckethead was just bored, it's not a hard thing to believe when you're in guns n roses....Look at how long everything takes..Recording had been going on for a few years before the vmas so it can't all be buckethead's fault..

Maybe the man just saw the writing on the wall and kn ew that being in this band would just be a waiting game and the fact he wasn't the full lead guitarist is also a joke.. Imagine being buckethead and being a artist that makes a living on solos to have to share the lead with finck...?

Buckethead gave the new gnr a gimmik, some type of attraction, notice how many poeople got into buckethead during the tour.. I think it's a loss, and tommy said the parts weren't going to be recorded over.. If it's being mastered or whatever it's obvious it isn't getting done over, shit teh album should be waiting for the plastic to wrap it with the price tag..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: