Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Richmond.com interview
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Richmond.com interview  (Read 18210 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2004, 09:43:55 PM »

I fuckin' have a life 'so I don't eat every single lie about CD's release, while others do.

thats why your here complaining with us hey Huh

stop being so fuckin' negative rant rant rant

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2004, 04:38:22 AM »

I fuckin' have a life 'so I don't eat every single lie about CD's release, while others do.

thats why your here complaining with us hey Huh

stop being so fuckin' negative rant rant rant

I don't mean the new rumour, now I have faith in an early 2005 release, otherwise I wouldn't post. I meant the earlier rumours.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2004, 11:12:15 AM »

I don't mean the new rumour, now I have faith in an early 2005 release, otherwise I wouldn't post. I meant the earlier rumours
If you never bought into the old rumors why do you continuoulsy tell us that your upset that the album hasnt come out yet? Huh

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2004, 11:24:50 AM »

I don't mean the new rumour, now I have faith in an early 2005 release, otherwise I wouldn't post. I meant the earlier rumours
If you never bought into the old rumors why do you continuoulsy tell us that your upset that the album hasnt come out yet? Huh

Do you want to provocate me or you really don't think that it's possible that I can't believe that Jack met Dizzy who 'told' him that they had alreay filmed the first video and in the same time I'm unhappy with they haven't finished the album in 4,5,6,7,8...years? I believed that the album was on the horizont when Axl said that 'see you next summer with a bunch of new songs'. Since then I didn't believe in Tommy's or Dizzy's words when they were talkin' about that the long wait would over in some months. Now I have some faith in an early 2005 release, but even it'll come out in February or March, I won't be delighted by the 10-years gap, I'll always be upset with this long wait but once the album is released I'll be glad to finally buy it. Get it?

Rollin' on the streets
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2004, 12:11:55 PM »

you really don't think that it's possible that I can't believe that Jack met Dizzy who 'told' him that they had alreay filmed the first video and in the same time
Your asking the wrong person. I dont believe most of the rumors and fant interactions. So I am actually with you on this one  ok

I believed that the album was on the horizont when Axl said that 'see you next summer with a bunch of new songs'.
It was, but then a man named Buckethead entered the studio with them and they created even mor ematerial. Maybe even better material.

I know you dont believe what the actual members in the band say, but for people who do, people like me, they have said they have had some badluck along the way. SO take it for what its worth....

I won't be delighted by the 10-years gap, I'll always be upset with this long wait but once the album is released I'll be glad to finally buy it. Get it?
I kinda sort of get it. The only thing I would say is GNr doesnt really care if you are delighted or not with the wait. As long as you enjoy the music they have and will release, then thats what counts....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2004, 12:20:59 PM »

Thanks for the advice.

Obviously if the record company doesn't want their products competing with each other (Eminem, U2 and GN'R are all part of the same record company family), they just won't release them all during the same week or month. That's just logic.

/jarmo

If that's teh case I wish they would have planned out the others being pushed back instead of the new gun's album..Honestly though I just think it's because it's not ready.. Seems like it'll never be ready Cry
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2004, 12:33:52 PM »

you see
If February is the new target, when a single should be released?

February. CD won't come out before March.

You see its people like you who are like, no one releases albums in january/february. But a february release would be a good idea. No competition and most likely a guaranteed #1 spot the week it comes out. Anything less than #1 is a failure

If GN'R has to release CD in February to debut at #1, then it's a failure and GN'R is dead for the world. Chinese Democracy must debut in the 1st postion without waiting for the best month, when noone releases anything.

On the other hand the first single has to come out in Dec or February, 'cause in January nobody's really interested in buying music, so a January single release would cause a commercial failure for GN'R.

How stupid can you be?  In January "no one's really interested in buying music"?  Dude, people buy music all year round.  Music buying isn't seasonal, like hunting and fishing is. Roll Eyes

There are always big releases, every month, of every year.  You're making it seem like february is a non release vacation time for the industry.

GNR will be a success no matter what.

And what is this stupid ass pride issue with you?  So if by your estimation, GNR releases an album in February, and they sell 6 million copies, then they're a failure because they didn't go up against anybody?  or using your logic, you should be thinking: if no one buys music in february, and they release the album, and they sell pretty good, then it's a huge success, because afterall, no one buys music then.

I pray that you are never a music executive, because everyone one of your projects would fail.  "yeah, hell, let's release Divo album the same day Metallica and the new Ozzy album come out.  let's try to kick their ass, cause that's what it's all about.  if we wait to release it, and we sell a few million, we'll lose credibility because we didn't beat those bands."

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2004, 12:46:01 PM »

you really don't think that it's possible that I can't believe that Jack met Dizzy who 'told' him that they had alreay filmed the first video and in the same time
Your asking the wrong person. I dont believe most of the rumors and fant interactions. So I am actually with you on this one? ok

I believed that the album was on the horizont when Axl said that 'see you next summer with a bunch of new songs'.
It was, but then a man named Buckethead entered the studio with them and they created even mor ematerial. Maybe even better material.

I know you dont believe what the actual members in the band say, but for people who do, people like me, they have said they have had some badluck along the way. SO take it for what its worth....

I won't be delighted by the 10-years gap, I'll always be upset with this long wait but once the album is released I'll be glad to finally buy it. Get it?
I kinda sort of get it. The only thing I would say is GNr doesnt really care if you are delighted or not with the wait. As long as you enjoy the music they have and will release, then thats what counts....

Your question was
If you never bought into the old rumors why do you continuoulsy tell us that your upset that the album hasnt come out yet?

I hope I could have given you the answer. You can slice to parts my words and argue about them but your sentences are not related to your question. I could have tell your my opinion (like BH had been in the band since the spring of 2000, they had enough time to involve him into the recordings by 2001.02), but it'd go really offtopic and both of us told what thinks about the delay, so I won't do it again and again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 12:57:51 PM by Mikkamakka » Logged

Rollin' on the streets
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2004, 11:43:55 AM »

http://www.richmond.com/music/music_out.cfm?ID=3249415&vertical=music

"What's the status with Chinese Democracy?
Actually, Chinese Democracy is very close to coming out. I've heard a few of the tracks and it sounds amazing. There are a few more things to do then it'll be ready. They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now. It's gonna be great. "

Sorry if this is a dupe. I didn't see it.
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2004, 09:11:17 AM »

DIZZY REED: New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Arrive In February - Oct. 16, 2004 

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed recently spoke to Richmond.com about playing with Axl Rose and his recent tour with his solo project, HOLLYWOOD BULLDOZER. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

Richmond.com: What's the status with [the long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album] "Chinese Democracy"?

Dizzy Reed: "Actually, 'Chinese Democracy' is very close to coming out. I've heard a few of the tracks and it sounds amazing. There are a few more things to do then it'll be ready. They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now. It's gonna be great."

Richmond.com: Do you do any GN'R covers with HOLLYWOOD BULLDOZER?

Dizzy Reed: "We do songs from the '70s. Every now and then we'll do one, but it's pretty hard to do a GUNS song without Axl. He's one of the best, one of the greatest."

Richmond.com: Why a cover band? What appealed to you about that?

Dizzy Reed: "What I'm doing now is fun. There's something very romantic about it. There's no pressure. You know, when you're doing GUNS there's pressure."

Richmond.com: How were you the only member of GUNS to stay on Axl's good side?

Dizzy Reed: "I believe in him, and I believe in what he's doing. I don't know what happened to the other guys. They quit one at a time. That's something I want people to know. They weren't kicked out of the band. They made the decision to leave and they had plenty of opportunities to come back. They walked out on us. And I didn't. I chose to stay, for a lot of reasons. I was at the point where I had put so many years of writing into it. I wanted to see it through. Axl gave me the chance to be in that band, and I am always going to be grateful for that."

Richmond.com: You rehearsed right next to GUNS N' ROSES back in the day, right?

Dizzy Reed: "Yeah, we had a rehearsal space next to them. We lived there and would have crazy after-parties. This was before they had even gotten signed, but you could see GUNS N' ROSES were gonna be huge. Being around them you could tell. Axl had told me he wanted a keyboard player and he wanted it to be me. People talk like that all the time ? but he kept his word."

Richmond.com: Do you ever get nostalgic for the good ol' days on Sunset Strip?

Dizzy Reed: "When I moved out to the suburbs, I stopped going to Hollywood for years. Recently I started playing at the Cat Club with the STARF**KERS, so now I'm up there a lot more. I'm next to the Whiskey. It's so different. It's so dead. People who weren't there during the '80s don't get it. You can't explain it to them. There were thousands of bands from all over the world trying to make it there on the Sunset Strip. 'Cause that's what you had to do. It was crazy. But going back to your original question, yeah, sometimes I get nostalgic. But it was tough. None of us had jobs, we were constantly having to find a place to sleep and something to eat. But you had nothing to lose. Everyone was going for it."

Read Dizzy Reed's entire interview with Richmond.com at this location. 

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28059

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2004, 09:19:58 AM »

cool,thank you
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2004, 09:27:12 AM »

I noticed Dizzy called the album by its title.."Chinese Democracy". I always wondered if they would change it.

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2004, 10:28:31 AM »

They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now.

MAY BE.

Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2004, 01:58:02 PM »

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28059

oh man, im so excited.  there has never been any release date as credible as this one.  God, it must be true this time because DIZZY said so.  i cant belive it, i just cant believe it, its finally going to come out.  i think i just pissed myself.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2004, 02:39:56 PM »

WOW! Blabbermouth is incredibly against and negative towards Axl!!! Everytime I go there the comments following a Gn'R news article is ridiculous! Being a die-hard gunner I feel like taking up arms! Grin

Thanks for the Article !! ok

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2004, 03:40:13 PM »

Wow once again Dizzy gives a tentative date, he speaks about the album and the same usual suspects are bashing hiim and calling him a liar. And you wonder why axl doesnt tell us shit.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2004, 12:52:24 PM »

DIZZY REED: New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Arrive In February - Oct. 16, 2004 

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed recently spoke to Richmond.com about playing with Axl Rose and his recent tour with his solo project, HOLLYWOOD BULLDOZER. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

Richmond.com: What's the status with [the long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album] "Chinese Democracy"?

Dizzy Reed: "Actually, 'Chinese Democracy' is very close to coming out. I've heard a few of the tracks and it sounds amazing. There are a few more things to do then it'll be ready. They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now. It's gonna be great."

Richmond.com: Do you do any GN'R covers with HOLLYWOOD BULLDOZER?

Dizzy Reed: "We do songs from the '70s. Every now and then we'll do one, but it's pretty hard to do a GUNS song without Axl. He's one of the best, one of the greatest."

Richmond.com: Why a cover band? What appealed to you about that?

Dizzy Reed: "What I'm doing now is fun. There's something very romantic about it. There's no pressure. You know, when you're doing GUNS there's pressure."

Richmond.com: How were you the only member of GUNS to stay on Axl's good side?

Dizzy Reed: "I believe in him, and I believe in what he's doing. I don't know what happened to the other guys. They quit one at a time. That's something I want people to know. They weren't kicked out of the band. They made the decision to leave and they had plenty of opportunities to come back. They walked out on us. And I didn't. I chose to stay, for a lot of reasons. I was at the point where I had put so many years of writing into it. I wanted to see it through. Axl gave me the chance to be in that band, and I am always going to be grateful for that."

Richmond.com: You rehearsed right next to GUNS N' ROSES back in the day, right?

Dizzy Reed: "Yeah, we had a rehearsal space next to them. We lived there and would have crazy after-parties. This was before they had even gotten signed, but you could see GUNS N' ROSES were gonna be huge. Being around them you could tell. Axl had told me he wanted a keyboard player and he wanted it to be me. People talk like that all the time ? but he kept his word."

Richmond.com: Do you ever get nostalgic for the good ol' days on Sunset Strip?

Dizzy Reed: "When I moved out to the suburbs, I stopped going to Hollywood for years. Recently I started playing at the Cat Club with the STARF**KERS, so now I'm up there a lot more. I'm next to the Whiskey. It's so different. It's so dead. People who weren't there during the '80s don't get it. You can't explain it to them. There were thousands of bands from all over the world trying to make it there on the Sunset Strip. 'Cause that's what you had to do. It was crazy. But going back to your original question, yeah, sometimes I get nostalgic. But it was tough. None of us had jobs, we were constantly having to find a place to sleep and something to eat. But you had nothing to lose. Everyone was going for it."

Read Dizzy Reed's entire interview with Richmond.com at http://www.richmond.com/music/music_out.cfm?ID=3249415&vertical=music

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28059

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
estranged.1098
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2004, 12:55:19 PM »

He said they're shooting for a February release, not that it will happen for sure.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2004, 12:57:25 PM »

Merged threads.

I wonder why it showed up on Blabbermouth now.  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2004, 02:27:36 PM »

The only person word we should be listening for when it comes to a CD release date is Axl. Until I hear him  say Feb, March or April then i wont believe anything.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: