Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Richmond.com interview
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Richmond.com interview  (Read 18252 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2004, 12:20:29 AM »

He already did that when rio was cancelled, he said he will get back tous with info on the album in? a few months.
A few months can be anywhere from 3-5 months. Dont worry,? i am sure we will get info after the court date in late oct.

What is the court date all about?

Theh rights to the old songs.
Slash and Duff claim  Axl gave them up when he left the partnership, ie slash and duff claimed axl quit guns n roses.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2004, 12:54:52 AM »

thanks mysteron

guys this interview in which Dizzy actually mentions a projected month and the recent interview by tommy saying that he expects mastering to be done in october or november can only mean that we are actually gone get cd soon, cause if they're talking baout mastering and dizzy is throughing months around then thats got to mean that they actually expect cd to be out very soon i dont know how long a cd takes to come out and be released after masterign btu im sure after cd is mastered geffen is gonna want to get it out, so i think we could actually be on the verge, finnaly, of cd. of course i shit changes in gnr faster than anything, usaully for the worse when it comes to cd with it being delayed but im crossing my fingers and i hope axl says something soon.

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2004, 01:29:29 AM »

If GN'R has to release CD in February to debut at #1, then it's a failure and GN'R is dead for the world. Chinese Democracy must debut in the 1st postion without waiting for the best month, when noone releases anything.

your full of shit mate ok

it's a failure 'cause it goes no. 1 Roll Eyes
if it gets released when noone els is around, that'll be because of the Geffen, not GNR!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2004, 01:43:52 AM »

If GN'R has to release CD in February to debut at #1, then it's a failure and GN'R is dead for the world. Chinese Democracy must debut in the 1st postion without waiting for the best month, when noone releases anything.

if it gets released when noone els is around, that'll be because of the Geffen, not GNR!!!

The reason it got pushed back to Feb is simple.
MNM and U2 have albums coming out in nov or so, geffen/interscope does not want three of their biggest selling bands to steal sales for each other.  They also want gnr to make the $13m back, so why not put it out when it can make the most money.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2004, 01:44:14 AM »

I just hope that this is finally it and that their are no more delays.

Also why is everybody saying that no big releases are released in February? Hell Norah Jones moved a million plus units her first week  in February.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2004, 01:58:51 AM »

[quote
Also why is everybody saying that no big releases are released in February? Hell Norah Jones moved a million plus units her first week? in February.

Thats right ok so fuck all that shit

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2004, 02:14:29 AM »

You can't read or can't think, bro.  ok I've never said it's Axl's idea. If the record company wants to release CD in February to reach the No. 1 position then I'll take it as GN'R's failure 'cause it means that Geffen/Interscope doesn't have faith in Axl & Co. can beat anything released. It's not too hard to be No. 1 when noone else is around and doesn't mean shit. I'm sure that CD will sell well, so there is no need for such a degrading process.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2004, 02:22:42 AM »

saying its a failure n' GNR are dead to the world makes me think alittle Roll Eyes

you've made out that if GNR have to release it in feb then they are dead to the world.
maybe you should think before you type ok

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2004, 04:47:05 AM »

At least it seems that guns+ axl has completed their job Wink

Now: A release schedule please Roll Eyes ( I wish)

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2004, 06:01:48 AM »

saying its a failure n' GNR are dead to the world makes me think alittle Roll Eyes

you've made out that if GNR have to release it in feb then they are dead to the world.
Made me think as well. Undecided

Besides, the position after the 1st appearance is far more important, JMO.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2004, 07:14:19 AM »

Axl has made the record company wait eight years for the album, now they are making him wait 3 or 4 months for a release. Releasing it in November does not make sense, with so many major releases on the schedule, there is only so much a paying customer would buy.

Jonx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2004, 08:26:07 AM »

If the record company wants to release CD in February to reach the No. 1 position then I'll take it as GN'R's failure 'cause it means that Geffen/Interscope doesn't have faith in Axl & Co. can beat anything released. It's not too hard to be No. 1 when noone else is around and doesn't mean shit. I'm sure that CD will sell well, so there is no need for such a degrading process.

Oh, same thing happened to VR when the record company pushed back their release. Now go post in the VR section that "Contraband" is a failure.  ok

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estranged.1098
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2004, 10:33:49 AM »

People want this album to fail so much they say it's a failure even before the release.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2004, 10:43:13 AM »

If the record company wants to release CD in February to reach the No. 1 position then I'll take it as GN'R's failure 'cause it means that Geffen/Interscope doesn't have faith in Axl & Co. can beat anything released. It's not too hard to be No. 1 when noone else is around and doesn't mean shit. I'm sure that CD will sell well, so there is no need for such a degrading process.

Oh, same thing happened to VR when the record company pushed back their release. Now go post in the VR section that "Contraband" is a failure.? ok

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

good post jarmo. I can't believe some of the crap people write.

So let me get this straight, we are getting a rough idea of a release date, and people are STILL complaining?
Get a life. I'll go to the store on Christmas morning to get CD if it is available for only twenty minutes each century.

This is great information simply because it appears Axl is putting Dizzy, Tommy et al back in the loop.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2004, 11:47:07 AM »

i havent read the whole thread,

but im just wondering,

has there ever been an instance in the long history of CD release rumours of mastering etc being complete? or is this the first time?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2004, 11:48:43 AM »

has there ever been an instance in the long history of CD release rumours of mastering etc being complete? or is this the first time?

There's been numerous rumored release dates, but as far as I remember, none of the band members have mentioned hearing final mixes and/or mastering before.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estranged.1098
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2004, 12:10:45 PM »

There's been numerous rumored release dates, but as far as I remember, none of the band members have mentioned hearing final mixes and/or mastering before.

/jarmo

That's why I said:

This time it's definately NOT the same thing.

In a previous reply.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »

Oh, same thing happened to VR when the record company pushed back their release. Now go post in the VR section that "Contraband" is a failure.? ok

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

good post jarmo. I can't believe some of the crap people write.

So let me get this straight, we are getting a rough idea of a release date, and people are STILL complaining?
Get a life. I'll go to the store on Christmas morning to get CD if it is available for only twenty minutes each century.

This is great information simply because it appears Axl is putting Dizzy, Tommy et al back in the loop.

Am I fuckin' complaining? Do we have a release date at all?  Huh

I said that GN'R is a huge band and huge bands don't need to find a perfect month when only Vanilla Ice releases his shit. But if the record company doesn't have enough faith in CD then they'll release it when there is nobody else on the scene.

I fuckin' have a life 'so I don't eat every single lie about CD's release, while others do.

Jarmo, I suggest that use your brain. First, I don't know why you attack me with this VR-thing. Velvet Revolver wasn't a big band in the spring and still not as big as Guns N' Roses, because GN'R is a brand while VR just want to be a brand. So if the record company pushes back the release date cause they want this new band to debut at No. 1 than it's normal. But if the only cause of CD's pushing back is that they don't want another significant release in that month because they fear, then it's a fuckin' shame. If CD's pushed back because it's not ready yet, then I won't complain 'cause I got used to it for years.

My posts were not against GN'R, but for them, but some of you are paranoid. Get a life or drink something.  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2004, 05:06:08 PM »

Thanks for the advice.

Obviously if the record company doesn't want their products competing with each other (Eminem, U2 and GN'R are all part of the same record company family), they just won't release them all during the same week or month. That's just logic.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2004, 05:39:05 PM »

Thanks for the advice.

Obviously if the record company doesn't want their products competing with each other (Eminem, U2 and GN'R are all part of the same record company family), they just won't release them all during the same week or month. That's just logic.

/jarmo

Exactly, Jarmo.  I agree completely.  I don't think anyone should underestimate this as being a reason behind pushing the album back.  It's just smart business from the record company's perspective.  While these artists don't have necessarily overlapping fanbases, consumers only have so much money to spend on entertainment.

Ali
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: