Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:11:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Richmond.com interview
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Richmond.com interview  (Read 18260 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2004, 02:06:21 PM »

Dizzy Reed's Hollywood Bulldozer

I thought the name of his band was hookers n blow?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
shaun
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2004, 02:31:23 PM »

February 17th sounds like a good date to me, it's my birthday  ok - CD or no CD, i'll be out drinking  beer
estranged.1098
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2004, 02:42:46 PM »

Thanks for posting..

Seems like the same thing every year though......

This time it's definately NOT the same thing.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2004, 02:43:59 PM »

It's completley obvious by recent interviews with Dizzy and Tommy that the CD is moving towards a release.? Before we never really even knew if the thing was anywhere near complete or if the band was even speaking to each other,
but we definitley have momentum towards a release. This doesn't sound like the same old song and dance as previous years.
If what we read is to be true, the CD will be mixed and mastered by December.

What about last year when Tommy was claiming the album was almost done and he was going to re-join the band last September for rehearsals?

It's closer to the end of the record being completed than it is the beginning," he says. "And we start back up in rehearsal mode in the middle of September, which is a good sign to me that the record's going to be ready to come out soon, and we'll be out on the road again touring behind it soon after that.

"I'm not drinking the company Kool-Aid on all that. That's all straight info. I guarantee that the album's coming out. Hopefully, it'll be out sometime before the end of the year."
estranged.1098
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2004, 02:46:12 PM »

It's completley obvious by recent interviews with Dizzy and Tommy that the CD is moving towards a release.? Before we never really even knew if the thing was anywhere near complete or if the band was even speaking to each other,
but we definitley have momentum towards a release. This doesn't sound like the same old song and dance as previous years.
If what we read is to be true, the CD will be mixed and mastered by December.

What about last year when Tommy was claiming the album was almost done and he was going to re-join the band last September for rehearsals?

It's closer to the end of the record being completed than it is the beginning," he says. "And we start back up in rehearsal mode in the middle of September, which is a good sign to me that the record's going to be ready to come out soon, and we'll be out on the road again touring behind it soon after that.

"I'm not drinking the company Kool-Aid on all that. That's all straight info. I guarantee that the album's coming out. Hopefully, it'll be out sometime before the end of the year."

BH left the band... plans changed.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2004, 03:34:49 PM »

Yep, 3rd time lucky.? ok

Grumblers, it's high time you stopped droning out same old grumbles thinking it?s so cool.
Nothing last forever even this "old song and dance" you complain.

I'm still in favour of December release. Isn?t NIN one in Feb as well?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2004, 03:41:12 PM »

Thanks for posting..

Seems like the same thing every year though......

This time it's definately NOT the same thing.

Not much different...They were pretty damn sure of its release in 2000.

But Im actually optmistic about this...
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2004, 04:14:43 PM »

they are called hookers n' blow but because of some venues not taking a liking to the name they use hollywood bulldozers... thats from my understanding

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2004, 04:18:42 PM »

you see
If February is the new target, when a single should be released?

February. CD won't come out before March.

You see its people like you who are like, no one releases albums in january/february. But a february release would be a good idea. No competition and most likely a guaranteed #1 spot the week it comes out. Anything less than #1 is a failure

If GN'R has to release CD in February to debut at #1, then it's a failure and GN'R is dead for the world. Chinese Democracy must debut in the 1st postion without waiting for the best month, when noone releases anything.

On the other hand the first single has to come out in Dec or February, 'cause in January nobody's really interested in buying music, so a January single release would cause a commercial failure for GN'R.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2004, 05:24:45 PM »

This is what pisses me off about some of  you people and you wonder why axl does not tell us anything.
Dizzy and Tommy try and give us a unoffical date they are shooting for then when it gets bumped up you guys start to bitch and complain.  If Axl was doing this then you would be bitching at him too, you cant have it both ways.

I for one am glad axl has not given us a release date until he is 100% sure.
so for all  you bitiching about this albums release guessimate keep getting pushed back you are the reason axl has not said a word about anything.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2004, 05:33:57 PM »

dave any other band wouldn't give you half assed info, when you says soon, very soon, hairs breathd, etc you're leaving yourself open for critisim..  Everyone is glad that tommy and dizzy give input to the interviewers, it's just been so long that nothing but the actual date will satisfy anyone anymore..

I mean this isn't hard to understand.. Axl would be foolish to say anything but the actual date, he has already said he would make a statement as of march 30-2004 in a few months(sept16-2004), he mentioned wrapping it up and see you next year with new songs years ago(rio 3 2001), so it's only right that he gives solid info, not vague stuff no one can interput.. ok

All anyone wants is an album, not asking for much after all tehse years..
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2004, 08:04:04 PM »

dave any other band wouldn't give you half assed info, when you says soon, very soon, hairs breathd, etc you're leaving yourself open for critisim..? Everyone is glad that tommy and dizzy give input to the interviewers, it's just been so long that nothing but the actual date will satisfy anyone anymore..

I mean this isn't hard to understand.. Axl would be foolish to say anything but the actual date, he has already said he would make a statement as of march 30-2004 in a few months(sept16-2004), he mentioned wrapping it up and see you next year with new songs years ago(rio 3 2001), so it's only right that he gives solid info, not vague stuff no one can interput.. ok

I agree  beer

Its pretty sad gnronline isint really maintained either!

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2004, 08:43:02 PM »

dave any other band wouldn't give you half assed info, when you says soon, very soon, hairs breathd, etc you're leaving yourself open for critisim..? Everyone is glad that tommy and dizzy give input to the interviewers, it's just been so long that nothing but the actual date will satisfy anyone anymore..

I have to agree on this one.  If you care about your fans, I don't know what the hassle would be to post updates on the official GNR website.  For example, the fact that Axl said that he would hopefully have a release date set a in a few months back in May, then he should now give us another update (A few months to me is about 3 or 4).  If he doesn't end up giving us an update, then he shouldn't have said what he did in May.  It just wouldn't be that hard to do, and a lot of his fans would be happy with that.  Now when it comes to updating us every month on the new album, NO he doesn't have to do that, but I feel as though he needs to update us on his past comments.  I can understand not getting any information when nothing has been said, but when you say things like "see you next year with a bunch new songs" and 3 years later we got nothing,  you need to go back on those words and update us.

But these things don't change the way I feel about Axl and GNR.  He will always be my favorite lead guy, and GNR will always be my favorite band. 

By the way, if the rumor is true now that the cd will come out in February, when DO YOU think we will hear something and when will a single hit?   

peace and rock on       

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2004, 08:58:04 PM »

Do you people really think that a particular month of release will determine whether CD is successful or not?
I think whenever it comes out it will sell regardless of time or year or whether the timing is right, but all these rumoured then pushed back release dates are just tiring to read about.

Like I have said before, GN'R fans are the most tortured fans in the world, but someday our day will come!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2004, 09:04:41 PM »

What do you want axl to say?
June-Oh I know, every month, the album still isnt ready yet.
July-the album still isnt ready yet.
Aug-the album still isnt ready yet.
sept-the album still isnt ready yet.
oct-the album still isnt ready yet, court date
nov-the album still isnt ready yet.
dec-the album still isnt ready yet. hopefully feb.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2004, 09:13:28 PM »

What do you want axl to say?
June-Oh I know, every month, the album still isnt ready yet.
July-the album still isnt ready yet.
Aug-the album still isnt ready yet.
sept-the album still isnt ready yet.
oct-the album still isnt ready yet, court date
nov-the album still isnt ready yet.
dec-the album still isnt ready yet. hopefully feb.

How about him just saying to legions of loyal fans "we're not sure when this will be done, but we're working on making the best damn album(s) we can, so hang in there and your patience will be rewarded"

Is that too much to ask???

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2004, 09:31:48 PM »

He already did that when rio was cancelled, he said he will get back tous with info on the album in  a few months.
A few months can be anywhere from 3-5 months. Dont worry,  i am sure we will get info after the court date in late oct.

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2004, 09:34:50 PM »

I like it how people get so pissed off having to wait a couple more months. Think of some of us who have waited 10 years for a new album. Have some patience I don't care when CD comes out because when it does I know it will have been worth the wait. Axl  knows all of his chickens have to be in line because once the official release date is set the ball starts rolling which means videos, tours, TV\Radio appearances the follow up to CD and etc. Our wait will pay off because we will have a few years of non stop Guns N Roses. Mysteron thanks for the story on Dizzy. I think Dizzy and Tommy are class acts for saying what they are telling the fans. They don'thave to tell us anything but they let us know whats going on. If it wasn't for them we all wwouldn'thave any clue  as to whats the progress of CD. Be thankful for what they have told us.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2004, 09:53:33 PM »

Our wait will pay off because we will have a few years of non stop Guns N Roses[./quote]

Just like the few years after "Round 1", right?

-Banny
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 10:05:28 PM by Banny » Logged

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2004, 12:14:56 AM »

He already did that when rio was cancelled, he said he will get back tous with info on the album in? a few months.
A few months can be anywhere from 3-5 months. Dont worry,? i am sure we will get info after the court date in late oct.

What is the court date all about?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: