Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 07:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Vaguely interesting GN'R article from windowsmedia.com
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vaguely interesting GN'R article from windowsmedia.com  (Read 1860 times)
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: October 17, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

An appearance at MTV's annual Video Music Awards helped garner interest in the new lineup, but a rusty performance from Rose and an interview where he said his new album wasn't coming out anytime soon didn't do much to further their cause. That summer, the band started on their first tour in almost eight years, and they managed to fulfill all of their commitments in Europe in Asia.

Sadly, they caused a violent and destructive riot in Vancouver when Rose failed to show up for the first date of their North American tour. Tour openers CKY were especially inconvenienced, as Rose had only asked them days before to reroute from California to Canada for the show. A few shows managed to come together, with Rose hitting the stage quite late at certain dates. But Rose didn't show up for a Philadelphia concert after allowing both opening acts to go on beforehand. The costly vandalism that followed the announcement was enough to convince tour backers Clear Channel to cut their ties with the group, ending the tour and convincing CKY to verbally thrash the group on their website.

While he was up to his old shenanigans with the retooled lineup, former members Stradlin, Slash, Sorum and McKagan finally put an end to the rumors and announced that they were searching for a vocalist for a new, Axl-free band.

(The rest of the artlicle is at http://windowsmedia.com/Mediaguide/Templates/Biography.aspx?p_id=P%20%20%20%20%204416)

I never found out the reason CC decided to cut the tour short, has the vandalism been labelled the official reason for the tour going belly-up or is this just Microsoft being inaccurate?
takeshi
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 10:24:13 AM »

CC dropped the tour because they were worried about losing a huge amount of money if Axl noshowed for the rest of the concerts.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 05:41:48 PM »

somehow i wouldn't exaclty trust Microsoft with any accurate news on the music world, esp. with a band like GNR!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 06:58:48 PM »

Windows and Guns N Roses do have something in common. When things start going good something\someone causes some shit and the whole thing crashes.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 10:14:36 PM »

I believe Microsoft took that from MTV.com and it is innaccurate. CKY never said a bad thing about Axl. In fact, as I recall, they only had good things to say of him - even after the cancellations.

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 12:41:40 AM »

thanks for the read scone, the perception of gnr and axl given by the media sucks, the media needs to fuck itself

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: