Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:47:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Prince
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prince  (Read 83792 times)
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2007, 11:18:02 PM »

Gah, Prince, you're not Metallica!!!

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2007, 11:30:04 PM »

2,000 prince videos?

like there even that many on you tube. Sound to me like they deleted everything with the key word prince.  hihi
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2007, 12:40:11 AM »

Prince - what a fucking jackass! Fuck him and his crap music.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:44:09 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2007, 12:41:32 AM »

Prince - what fucking jackass! Fuck him and his crap music.

So...... its ok for YouTube to make Billions of dollars using Copyrighted material?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2007, 12:46:05 AM »

Prince - what fucking jackass! Fuck him and his crap music.

So...... its ok for YouTube to make Billions of dollars using Copyrighted material?
I happen to like youtube, plus how is it hurting this rich bitch anyway?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2007, 12:47:52 AM »

Boo hoo hoo, poor prince.  Roll Eyes
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2007, 02:58:25 AM »

Guess he couldn't be satisfied with the 72" plasma and got the 68" , only to find out that he could squeeze this money out for the 72"

BOO MOTHER FUCKIN HOO
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2007, 06:51:36 AM »

what a twat, one man has to try and spoil it for millions.

i hope he doesnt end up ruining these sites like metallica did napster back in the day.

html sucks
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2007, 07:18:03 PM »

you people whining obviously have no concept about business.  its not about prince's personal money.   He's not the only person losing money because of this shit.   This is a problem that is greatly hurting several entire INDUSTRIES.

and for the record, I dont think sites like YouTube is the real problem, but piratebay needs to be shut the fuck down.  Its no different than walking into a DVD store and grabbing a stack of DVDs and walking out without paying.   When you are someone who is actually effected because of asshole leeches stealing and sharing your stuff, you start to see the other side.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2007, 08:28:08 PM »

you people whining obviously have no concept about business.  its not about prince's personal money.   He's not the only person losing money because of this shit.   This is a problem that is greatly hurting several entire INDUSTRIES.

and for the record, I dont think sites like YouTube is the real problem, but piratebay needs to be shut the fuck down.  Its no different than walking into a DVD store and grabbing a stack of DVDs and walking out without paying.   When you are someone who is actually effected because of asshole leeches stealing and sharing your stuff, you start to see the other side.
Nothing can save the industries, it's just about over for the men in suits.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2007, 08:52:23 PM »

are you that nieve to believe its only affecting a few rich guys in business suits?   it affects ANYONE who works in the film, music, and adult industries.    From the kid at blockbuster video, to artists like Prince or Axl Rose, to people who work for the record label, to the guy like me who takes pictures of naked girls and sells them on the internet.  Why do you think Axl has that Tsunami company constantly searching YouTube?  He shouldn't have to do that and YouTube should be forced to recover every single penny GnR has spent towards Tsunami's services.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »

you people whining obviously have no concept about business.? its not about prince's personal money.? ?He's not the only person losing money because of this shit.? ?This is a problem that is greatly hurting several entire INDUSTRIES.

and for the record, I dont think sites like YouTube is the real problem, but piratebay needs to be shut the fuck down.? Its no different than walking into a DVD store and grabbing a stack of DVDs and walking out without paying.? ?When you are someone who is actually effected because of asshole leeches stealing and sharing your stuff, you start to see the other side.

Holy Fuck I just agreed with Jimmy Bob nervous nervous nervous

Think about if u owned a business and people just walked in and grabbed shit and stole from u. I don't think anyone of u would like that.

Its all about business.

Its why athletes and actors and other people in the entertainment or sports industry make so much money.

U generate money, U get a percentage.

You Tube are Stealing other people's works and are profiting 100 percent from those and it isn't fair.

YouTube started a website and sold it for billions of dollars without producing or making anything.

They leached off people for HUGE Profit and I think that is bullshit.

I love youTube also but I can't disagree with Prince or anyone over this.

A Big Reason the music industry sucks now is because of illegal downloading fuckers.

Record labels lose so much money, they now play it safe and mass produce the shit that 12 year olds buy because they are still the ones who buy albums.

Its why real music has disappeared cause labels no longer can afford to give artists a chance to gain an audience.

If Bon Jovi came out today, they'd be done after 2 albums cause they were a flop till their third record.

Hell Princes first 3 albums were flops as well.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 08:55:57 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2007, 11:53:43 PM »

Prince is an idiot. Obviously he doesn't see that his works become more popular because they are on Youtube. It's not like Youtube enables users to download high quality audio files like Napster did. Why is he bothered about a few low res flash videos?

Petty, petty, petty.

Fuck 'Em All.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2007, 12:02:49 AM »

Prince is an idiot. Obviously he doesn't see that his works become more popular because they are on Youtube. It's not like Youtube enables users to download high quality audio files like Napster did. Why is he bothered about a few low res flash videos?

Petty, petty, petty.

i agree, for many artists i've checked out youtube just to sample some songs or check out music videos to see if i wanna buy their albums or even possibly see them live if they were coming around....

i dont know why hes fighting it like this, he should embrace it like other artists and use it to his advantage....

i love prince but this seems a little strange....

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2007, 01:23:24 AM »

Petty, petty, petty.

but PirateBay does.   PirateBay is way worse than Napster ever was.   
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2007, 02:24:50 AM »

Petty, petty, petty.

but PirateBay does.   PirateBay is way worse than Napster ever was.   
maybe it's bad for the industry but it can't be stopped. napster got shut down but there were a lot of options for illegal downloading and there will always be other ways as long as the internet will be running. the internet is a good way to get the product out there to as many people as you can to buy it but there will always be other people who will download for free.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2007, 12:50:12 PM »

he'll give away his album for FREE, yet moans about youtube?

The guys nuts....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
CSS
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2007, 02:45:16 PM »

I feel so sorry for you, Prince.

Tongue
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

I saw 50 Cent being interviewed yesterday and he said (probably with his record company execs shuddering):  "Go out and get ahold of my album, I don't care if you want to download it, go out and steal the album and come check me out at the shows.  This music is for everyone."  -->  The same guy who issued a "sales" challenge to another rapper....

It's just as odd for Prince to be dishing out his album for free and then worrying about low quality videos on the internet.     Undecided

It's also strange that the artists with NO money want the extra exposure the internet provides... while the artists with millions in the bank are trying to "reclaim their art".
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »

It's just as odd for Prince to be dishing out his album for free and then worrying about low quality videos on the internet.     :-

The issue here for Prince is keeping total control of his own work. In fact, he has been striving for complete control over his musical and visual output (as a counterpoint to his demands for unfettered artistic freedom) ever since his recording career began in the mid 70s.  He signed with Warner Brothers when they promised to let him produce his own albums. Remember the 'slave' dispute with Warner's in the 90's? All because he had the hump with them for retaining ownership of his master tapes and trying to slow down his release schedule. (I personally wouldn't mind being a 'slave' if I had a $100m contract, but I'm not an artiste).

In the more recent past, the Paisley Park Police have come down very hard on fan sites and fanzines that have allowed their readers to advvertise and solicit bootleg recordings. Fansites have also been barred from hosting pictures of his current 21 night run in London. (Indeed, people going to those shows are warned repeatedly that they risk ejection from the arena if they do so much as reach for a camera  Roll Eyes )

And if money is a factor in this, you should remember that Prince personally stands to lose more than a lot of other artists from Internet piracy as the head of his own record label (NPG).

But I agree with everyone who thinks that this action is utterly futile and he would do well to embrace some of the newer form of online retailing and media streamingas a way to promote his current wares and his enourmous back catalogue. If he's not careful, he'll end up like Lars Ulrich  nervous

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: