Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 05:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's financial situation forcing CD a posibility?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's financial situation forcing CD a posibility?  (Read 2276 times)
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: October 16, 2004, 04:41:07 AM »

I was just wondering if Axl is so rich to the point that he will never in his life need to work again for money as a musician or is there a way that he spends all his cash and is forced to release CD to get some money just like happened with Pink Floyd and the WALL.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 05:07:30 AM »

I suppose money is not a problem for W.Axl.Rose. Don't worry for him, he is one of the most successfull Rockstar ever, he earned a lot of money.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 07:39:11 AM »

I suppose money is not a problem for W.Axl.Rose. Don't worry for him, he is one of the most successfull Rockstar ever, he earned a lot of money.
Yes,it's true
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 08:22:40 AM »

and he'll earn a lot more money from the new tour and the new album when it happens or if hihi

EEEERRRR Little boy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 08:22:40 PM »

He's definitely wealthy enough to live a great life from here on out, but I definitely don't see money being an issue with this album. I mean, Interscope obviously has the faith that their $14 million dollar investmen will end up paying off...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 09:05:07 PM »

He put most of his money in savings rather than spend it frivolously the way many rock stars (and rap stars ... Hammertime) do.  If you go back and read some of his interviews when he talks about money, he has stressed the need to have a sense of security, rather than spending...

ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 12:00:08 AM »

I think it will if he decides to shelve it. I am not sure he has $14 million in liquidity to pay off the label's expenses plus lost earnings if they decide to sue. Add in Slash and Duff's lawsuit which must be worth tens of millions and Axl has some financial woes.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 12:49:43 AM »

I was just wondering if Axl is so rich to the point that he will never in his life need to work again for money as a musician or is there a way that he spends all his cash and is forced to release CD to get some money just like happened with Pink Floyd and the WALL.

That's not what happened with Pink Floyd and The Wall. They lost money putting on shows for the Wall.

Somehow I think Axl is smart enough to make sure CD won't bankrupt him. If it is a forced release it will be through the hands of Geffen if possible.

takeshi
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 10:31:39 AM »

We can't even be sure if Axl would be liable for the costs of producing CD if it was shelved.  Did Brian Wilson have to pay for the recording of Smile when he dropped that for 37 years?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 11:47:44 AM »

I think it will if he decides to shelve it. I am not sure he has $14 million in liquidity to pay off the label's expenses plus lost earnings if they decide to sue. Add in Slash and Duff's lawsuit which must be worth tens of millions and Axl has some financial woes.
I think he has more money than you think. I think He has more than 15 or 20 million $$. I don't know how much but he has more. 85 million record sold + a 2years and a half stadium world Tour of 50 60 or 70.000 people make a lot of money...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 12:43:40 PM »

I think he has more money than you think. I think He has more than 15 or 20 million $$. I don't know how much but he has more. 85 million record sold + a 2years and a half stadium world Tour of 50 60 or 70.000 people make a lot of money...

The label could sue him for monies lost by not releasing CD, possible record sales, and/or breach of contract if he owes another album. 

I'm sure axl is worth more than $20 million; the question is whether these assets are liquid or not. They maybe tied up in long term investments that are not immediately useable.  He may have to start selling off assets to pay off these judgements, such as his house for starters. Doesn't mean he doesn't have the net worth, but not the liquid assets to pay off the judgment.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 03:40:13 AM »

Does the contract for CD includes any deadline? or they could sue him whenever they consider enough time has passed?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: