Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:15:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  'CD' release + 25th anniversary of Lennon's death??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'CD' release + 25th anniversary of Lennon's death??  (Read 3024 times)
C.D.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 15, 2004, 06:30:14 PM »

? ?Hey, guys. I'm new to the board (I registered ages ago but this is my first actual post)...and I've been visiting this site almost every single day. I don't claim to have any official news myself, so please don't bite my head off right away just for my being a newbie. (I DO intend to post here more than once or twice, unlike some other people who just come and go mysteriously.) This is just mere speculation on my part...

I'm not too certain if this has ever been thought of, but has anyone else thought of this: the possibility of GN'R releasing 'CD' late next year - to possibly coincide (sort of) with the 25th anniversary of the death of John Lennon - for whom a "tribute" track is allegedly being released on 'CD'? Has this ever been discussed? I tried searching for stuff related to this, but nothing seemed to materialize. I was just curious if anyone else has any thoughts...

IMO, I think it would be extremely cool and satisfying if they did that. If I have accurate suspicions about their obsession with perfection and timing and craft and all...I don't know. Wouldn't that be nice, though? It would make a whole lot of sense (and it certainly sounds a lot nicer with 25th anniversary than, say, 24th if they released it this year, or 26th if they released it two years from now) Just a thought...

Anyone have any comments? Disagreements...?
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 04:45:27 AM »

Hi! good idea for a new post. I think that Axl would like to do something like that to make the release dramatic, but know W.A.R. there's no way of nowing for sure what goes in his mind.
C.D.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 04:38:47 PM »

Yeah, it's tricky, but you never know. I guess it's just fun to speculate about that sort of thing. Personally, I feel that it's either that or 2007 - for AFD's 20th anniversary. THAT would be something else...But I would just think any time later than that would be a bit overkill, although for many hardcore fans, waiting for over 10 years - 10 years that saw only the release of one new original song ("Oh My God"), and a few new songs played live - is already quite overkill. Maybe it's not as bad from my perspective since I only became a GN'R fan around early 2002, so really, I've waited for barely any time compared to most other fans here, probably.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 04:56:53 PM »

that's an interesting thought.. but my speculation is that axl is waiting for Dylan to turn 18.. if i remember correctly, a hefty portion of this album is supposed to be a directed at stephanie seymore and dylan and didnt stephanie put up a restrant order against axl so that he cant see dylan and the only way the restraint order can be removed is if stephanie removes it or when dylan turns 18, he can do it if he wants to see axl.. so that's my guess: Mr. Rose is waiting for his beloved step-son to turn 18..  beer

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
C.D.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 09:11:24 PM »

.. so that's my guess: Mr. Rose is waiting for his beloved step-son to turn 18..

And may I ask when this would happen? (i.e. when will he turn 18? How old is the step-son now?) Forgive my ignorance. I'm sure it's a long ways away...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 10:21:33 PM »

.. so that's my guess: Mr. Rose is waiting for his beloved step-son to turn 18..

And may I ask when this would happen? (i.e. when will he turn 18? How old is the step-son now?) Forgive my ignorance. I'm sure it's a long ways away...

i dunno.. he looked 3 or something in the Estranged video.. so if he was 3 in 93 he's only 14 now.. and if my theory's correct (which i hope to god that it isnt) then we're gonna wait another 4 years...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 10:23:50 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 12:36:06 AM »

Nice thought - but I bet Axl doesn't give a toss about Beatles Birthdays or Death Days

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
takeshi
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 10:28:09 AM »

The Beatles....two down, two to go. beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: