Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dee Snider's Comments on Axl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dee Snider's Comments on Axl  (Read 19828 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2004, 08:30:48 PM »

Well, you're clearly showing bitterness toward Axl in your post... and you can even be blind to see that, as long as you can read.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2004, 11:44:08 PM »

This is more of the talk that will disappear when CD is released. It may take a while longer, but when Axl finally lets it go, wanks like Dee Snider will change their tune. At the very least focus on the music instead of personal insults. Anyway, now I will think no more of this has been......

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2004, 11:46:52 PM »

This is more of the talk that will disappear when CD is released. It may take a while longer, but when Axl finally lets it go, wanks like Dee Snider will change their tune.

How many years have you been saying this?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2004, 11:48:51 PM »

LOL. It's tattooed on my forehead....backwards at that. It is what keeps me alive every week. ok

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2004, 04:32:05 AM »

FACT: During Poison's 2002 Hollywierd tour, they averaged more ticket sales than Axl did during his laughable "Chinese Democracy World Tour".? According to the respective official press releases by both bands, Axl only averaged 7,344 sales, and Poison averaged around 9,000.

That's strange...

POISON
Total Gross: $6.7 million
Average Tickets Sold Per Show: 4,876
Number of Cities/Shows: 59/59 !!!

GUNS N' ROSES
Total Gross: $6.5 million
Average Tickets Sold Per Show: 8,660
Number of Cities/Shows: 16/16

- Pollstar

« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 04:43:52 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2004, 06:54:28 AM »

Please let ChiDem start soon!

Chinese Democracy starts now!
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2004, 07:10:38 AM »

hey people,many of you guys aren't real

how somebody can compare gnr and twisted sister,or axl rose and  xxx

hey people,axl ros eis legend and gnr tto,and who the fuck is that guy
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2004, 10:20:22 AM »

All? you have to do is look at how nuts people went when Axl and the new gnr played the VMAs not to long ago.? People still care reguardless of what Dee says or thinks.?

And what were people talking about after GNR's performance?  Other than the die hards, most were making fun of his hair, his overall look, how bad he sounded and how out of breath he was.

I equate Axl to Anna Kournikova...Even though she's  a tennis player, she's known for everything but her tennis.  A lot of the same for Mr. Bill Bailey, he's more known for his behavior, the riots he's helped to start, his freakish looks as of late and much, much more that has nothing to do with music.
Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2004, 10:39:54 AM »

I equate Axl to Anna Kournikova...Even though she's? a tennis player, she's known for everything but her tennis.? A lot of the same for Mr. Bill Bailey, he's more known for his behavior, the riots he's helped to start, his freakish looks as of late and much, much more that has nothing to do with music.

moron!

Sorry to offend you dude, but what you just said above was very moronic description.   Shocked
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2004, 11:55:18 AM »

i have to agree with boner on that one.

the one an only horsey !
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2004, 12:48:22 PM »

There still seems to be an interest in GN'R and also what Axl does. All you have to do is to look at how great the Greatest Hits is selling.
GN'R was asked to headline one night at the RIR4 festival so obviously there's interest in the band.
/jarmo

i don't get that argument. I don't think the GNR hit has anything to do with Axl's future success.
the GH was a hit because in people's mind it is directly linked to Guns n Roses.

BUT, people won't make thet link between axl and GNR.
and well, even if they make, it will be a bad link, and they will diss him.

That's might be why axl didnt rush when GH came out, he knew that it wouldnt help him.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2004, 05:25:43 PM »

The only thing I have to add is that MTV allowed a band with no album and only one original member to close it's biggest award show with an epic eight minute performance; they would never allow Poison or TS a slot like that. How many promoters would then give said band an arena tour ? Of course something fucked it up. What fucked it up is still a mystery, but the fact that there is still an appetite for this music and the mystery that is axl rose goes a long way.  GnR have a mystery and intrigue about them that no sensually defunct band has today.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2004, 09:31:44 PM »

The reason MTV gave Axl the headline slot is because he still sells on his unique persona, mistery and legacy of the band alone. You have to remember GNR was huge back when MTV was getting big too so its part of their history.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2004, 11:08:17 PM »

I never give to shits about what former Jar heads think or say!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2004, 12:30:18 AM »

There still seems to be an interest in GN'R and also what Axl does. All you have to do is to look at how great the Greatest Hits is selling.

GN'R was asked to headline one night at the RIR4 festival so obviously there's interest in the band.

/jarmo
But don't forget the greatest hits is selling because is GN'R,it's not the new band.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2004, 01:33:44 AM »

/jarmo
But don't forget the greatest hits is selling because is GN'R,it's not the new band.

sure oh sure, the new band hasnt done anything to prove its a hot commodity yet so its obvious the GH sold because of the old band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2004, 09:25:32 AM »

Did I say something different?

You obviously think that the casual music fan is going to look up all the info on who's in that band and then decide "nah, I'm not interested in it since Axl is the only one left".

Not everybody is as attached to the name thing as you and certain others on this board. I think many people will just be happy if GN'R sounds like GN'R and they don't care if Slash isn't playing guitar on the records anymore.

Only the hardcore fans know who's in the band. Not the parents who are buying cds for their kids' birthdays, not the kid who goes into a record store after hearing a song on the radio that he/she liked....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2004, 09:42:01 AM »

"You obviously think that the casual music fan is going to look up all the info on who's in that band and then decide "nah, I'm not interested in it since Axl is the only one left".

Not everybody is as attached to the name thing as you and certain others on this board. I think many people will just be happy if GN'R sounds like GN'R and they don't care if Slash isn't playing guitar on the records anymore.

Only the hardcore fans know who's in the band. Not the parents who are buying cds for their kids' birthdays, not the kid who goes into a record store after hearing a song on the radio that he/she liked..."

I disagree... no

Are you saying that people are stupid ?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 09:47:55 AM by Taz » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2004, 09:52:32 AM »

Stupid? No.

Let me ask you something: How often do you discover a new band and then decide not to buy the album because they've changed band members over the years?

Here's a scenario for you: GN'R releases a new single. Person A hears it on the radio and the DJ says "so that was the new single from GN'R, the new album is out next week". Person A thinks "I'll have to check it out. That sounded great!"

The following week Person A is in a record store and sees a display featuring the new GN'R record. What does this person do?
A. Buy the record since (s)he liked the single played on the radio.
B. Don't buy the record because (s)he found out Slash wasn't in the band anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2004, 09:56:42 AM »

The only thing I have to add is that MTV allowed a band with no album and only one original member to close it's biggest award show with an epic eight minute performance; they would never allow Poison or TS a slot like that. How many promoters would then give said band an arena tour ? Of course something fucked it up. What fucked it up is still a mystery, but the fact that there is still an appetite for this music and the mystery that is axl rose goes a long way.? GnR have a mystery and intrigue about them that no sensually defunct band has today.

You obviously think that the casual music fan is going to look up all the info on who's in that band and then decide "nah, I'm not interested in it since Axl is the only one left".

So it seems like that NU-GN'R was only given by the chance to play at the VMAs because Guns N' Roses was so big back in '87-'94. Not the new band was invited, but the old's legacy. People went to the 'Chinese Democracy World Tour', because they thought GN'R will play there. Not for Nu-GN'R. And on the other hand this 'world tour' wasn't successful with half-full arenas. As years go by memories getting nicer, but don't forget the titles such as 'GN'R 2002 is not an arena band'.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: