Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dee Snider's Comments on Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dee Snider's Comments on Axl  (Read 19821 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 07:58:53 PM »

Look at it this way. Would you rather rush Cd and have it be as bad as St Anger? Or wait and maybe have it be as good as or better than AFD and the UYIs

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 08:54:28 PM »

Look at it this way. Would you rather rush Cd and have it be as bad as St Anger? Or wait and maybe have it be as good as or better than AFD and the UYIs

Chinese Democracy wouldn't be rushed if it were released tomorrow.  When you've been working on an album for a decade, I'd say it's about time to release it.  And it's not like an album has to be painstakingly produced over many years.  I believe that one of the greatest rock albums ever was recorded in only two weeks.  You might have heard of it - it's called Appetite For Destruction.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 08:56:45 PM »

Chinese Democracy wouldn't be rushed if it were released tomorrow.? When you've been working on an album for a decade, I'd say it's about time to release it.? And it's not like an album has to be painstakingly produced over many years.? I believe that one of the greatest rock albums ever was recorded in only two weeks.? You might have heard of it - it's called Appetite For Destruction.

Axl started working on CD in 1999 so it has not been 10 years. And so what if AFD only took two weeks. People really need to get a life and get out more and stop worrying about when CD is going to be released.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 09:44:56 PM »

I'm not surprised. It's not the first time Dee has made negative comments about Axl, far from it. Same shit, different day......

Hes pretty negative to a lot of people. axl isnt an excetion

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
axlrose_7
Headliner

I Rock

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 10:23:54 PM »

In my opinion Axl does not owe anyone an album.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.? However, in my opinion, he does owe his fans an album.? Why?? Because he's been teasing them for years with statements like "we're gonna deliver" and "it's gonna be out of the ballpark".? You don't hold a bone over a dog's nose for four years and then yank it away telling him that you don't owe it to him.

I see your point Dizzy. But I think that it's been a while since it's not Axl's fault anymore.

My words may disturb but at least there's a reaction
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2004, 12:11:01 AM »

He doesn't "owe" us anything, meaning he doesn't have an absolute obligation.  But the fact is, he has assembled a new line-up, toured the world, and several times said the album will come out.  Therefore, if it doesn't come out, I would say he has let down a lot of people.  Had he, once the old Gn'r broke up, said it's over, nobody would have a problem with it, including myself.  But, everyone remember we are the only reason why he is rich and famous.  Without his fans buying his records, going to his shows, buying Gn'r merchandise, etc., he would be working at McDonald's.  Again, I'm not saying he "has" to release the album, but when you hint to your very, very loyal and patient fans (like us) that there will be an album, you should release it.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2004, 12:41:42 AM »

i useually lisen to him at work.but haven't herd this ,ive missed a few weeks.no radio
at work those nights.but if i would have herd this i would have been pissed off.sure good things take time.and it seems as though alot of time has passed.but i srongly feel this will be worth the wait we have been waiting so long.i think dee has had his time in rock n' roll.now doing talk radio wow were's that at,for a rocker.now retired from rocking out.but doing talk radio whopee' yeah axl will allways be a rocker.and were will dee be.ahhh talking to old folkz on the radio.yeah ok whatever dee.i used to like your show.

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2004, 10:32:23 AM »

has anyone defended axl on his show.cause he is getting a phone call from me .
the next show is on friday night.AND GUESS WHO WILL BE DEFENDING AXL.YES YOU GOT IT RIGHT ME. : ok:who the fuck is he anyway.

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2004, 10:48:38 AM »

i just e-mailed him.about axl in defence of axl that is.i told him i was goimng to call in on his show.next friday night.you can e-mail him in defence of axl too.
wmmr.com
that is the site to go on to e-mail him.it was easy as pie.

the one an only horsey !
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2004, 11:23:07 AM »

Forget about Axl until CD comes out.  He hasn't said a word for a reason, when CD hits then he will speak his mind.  People obviously still care if he's filling arenas without promotion and going nuts when he hits the stage in 2002.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2004, 11:50:32 AM »

Let the haters say whatever they want; when the CD drops, the music will speak for itself.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2004, 12:30:21 PM »

And of course, Dee Snider has no reason to be bitter whatsoever... does he? I mean, after all, he has an AMAZING career as a radio host.? Not to mention his rinky dink appearances on various VH1 specials that tell of an era long since past.? Yes... this is EXACTLY what lead singers of rock bands actually dream of becoming... HAS BEENS!? By the time Guns N' Roses hit the big time, Twisted Sister was nothing more than a memory of lame videos and half-assed rock anthems.? Luckily for Dee, radio has a place for starving, out of work, broke rock n roll has beens.

So if Dee was currently one of rock n roll's hottest frontmen, you'd embrace his remarks?? I concur that Dee's 15 minutes of fame were up long ago, but that doesn't mean his opinions are any less valid than anyone else's.

I'm not suggesting that Dee's opinions are not valid, only that they reek of virulent intentions.? It's easy to stand on the bottom rung and look up with distaste at the people on the rungs above you.? The view from the bottom stinks, and that is what Dee is demonstrating with his commentary.

We don't know the real reason behind the hold up on Chinese Democracy.? It might be finished, there might be legal issues, the truth is, nobody knows the real reason except for those directly involved with the project.?

I love Twisted Sister but I don't see how dissing Axl is really constructive, especially since Dee is making assumptions and doesn't have all the facts on the subject at hand ie; why CD is delayed and why GN'R cancelled Philly.

Anyways Dee and TS re-recorded their breakout album Stay Hungry and are releasing it soon.? Smiley

I agree with this comment.? Negative comments about GNR and Axl doesn't benefit anyone except perhaps Dee, by placating his own twisted ego.
Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2004, 04:54:55 PM »

ha, who the fuck is Dee Snider? oh that's right, he is the one Hit wander 80's cheesy ass Rock Star  Shocked he has the balls to talk shit about Axl, yet he cant come up with another Hit song....LMFAO

All the has beens this days who cant make it any more in  the music business, take a cheep shot at the Greatest Rock star in our generation.

Dee= a has been rock star and a dummy radio jock.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2004, 05:10:31 PM »

it IS stupid for Axl to spend so long on this album, to not show for his fans during his "comeback" tour, and to replace the original band, which made Guns N' Roses what it is, with a revolving door new lineup.

why is that? If axl is a perfectionist and is trying to make something truly special, why is it a bad thing for him to take his time and put it out when it's done? Would you have preferred 'It's Five o'Clock Somewhere' as the follow up to the Illusions just so they got something out fast? I wouldn't have. I prefer nothing than see a band's music go to crap; Rush comes to mind as an example.

i couldnt agree more.. take the statement from metallica's behind the music for example.. they said something about "that's why gnr faded away and a band like metallica is still around" but i think its better to burn out w/ two kickass albums in 91 and a decade of silence than to fade away with one kickass album in 91 and 3 shitty albums in a row in the decade to follow..

and i really couldnt care less what dee snider thinks.. i've only been a gnr fan since late 2002 but even since then i've read enough crap that i'm used to random cock-knockers bitching at/about axl.. same shit out of a different asshole..  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 05:32:45 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2004, 04:20:25 PM »

In case you haven't noticed, Axl hasn't been standing on the "top rung" since 1993 or so.? Twisted Sister have toured more than Axl has in the past few years.? So Axl isn't exactly dwarfing Dee in the way of superstar status right now.

Do you believe that yourself or did you just post it to get a reaction?

Even without doing anything since 2002, Axl is still the bigger star of them. It would be ridiculous to say anything different.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2004, 04:46:49 PM »

I'm not suggesting that Dee's opinions are not valid, only that they reek of virulent intentions.? It's easy to stand on the bottom rung and look up with distaste at the people on the rungs above you.

In case you haven't noticed, Axl hasn't been standing on the "top rung" since 1993 or so.? Twisted Sister have toured more than Axl has in the past few years.? So Axl isn't exactly dwarfing Dee in the way of superstar status right now.
Hello? Freddy Mercury died in November of 1991. He hasn't toured since (obviously), but are you also gonna say that Dee Snider's bigger than him just because he has toured since then? Are you forgetting who Axl Rose is? Do you seriously think that if it was Dee Snider and his band were the ones closing the 2002 VMAs that the whole crowd would be jumping up n' down insanely and that the whole music media circuit would be drooling over on the performance? (the shock value was immense)Do you see MTV worshipping Dee? No. When I see the behind the scenes VMAs footage I see how MTV producers and workers talk about giving Guns N' Roses a slot at any time. They actually said "ofcourse we're gonna give Guns N' Roses a slot!". They all talk about Axl as if he was Freddy Mercury or someone of that stature. Axl may never do anything ever again in his career, but he will always still be defined as one of the best and most memorable Rock N' Roll frontment in Rock N' Roll history wheather you like it or not, period. That's something Dee Snider can't even touch.

Besides, did you see Dee Snider sell out a 35,000 seater stadium in Japan and setting attendance records for that particular venue in 2002? I don't think so. Axl Rose hadn't been in the public spotlight since 1994 prior to that and still pulled it off with the new band. You know there's a reason Axl Rose was in VH1's Top 200 Pop Culture Icons and in Time Magazine's "People Who Changed the World" issue.

Say whatever you want about Axl, but you seriosuly cannot truly believe that statement yourself. Axl Rose has made his dent in music history and there is no denying of that.

I can't believe I actually have to post this......(also Dave, please don't "help", you'll ruin my argument.... hihi)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2004, 04:55:29 PM »

you got that right !

the one an only horsey !
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2004, 05:07:24 PM »

people like Dee are the ones who are just jelious or need someone like Axl to pick on,
TWISTED SISTER confused  c'mpon Dee, i respect you n' your music but there are a million things we can pick on you for, hey glam queen!!!!!

Just remember when it comes out, it's gonna shut them all up, it's definatly gonna shit on those cheesy 80's rock song tunes!!!!......were not gonna take it....no confused confused

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2004, 05:08:15 PM »

I'm not suggesting that Dee's opinions are not valid, only that they reek of virulent intentions.? It's easy to stand on the bottom rung and look up with distaste at the people on the rungs above you.

rofl rofl rofl yeah... and Twisted Sister sells out every stadium it books, doesn't it!  HA!  Poison and different line ups of Ratt are touring too... but they aren't selling out their venues.  Even in his silence and sanctuary, Axl is on a higher rung than mr. radio show.  When an album of Twisted Sister's sells 10 million copies or more, then we'll talk about Dee's 'superstar' status.  Until then, his negative comments directed toward Axl demonstrate a sense of bitterness.
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2004, 06:53:19 PM »

Why just assume that these comments are borne out of "bitterness?"

People make it sound like Dee Snider sits in a darkened room all day, sticking pins in Axl Rose voodoo dolls; I'm sure he really doesn't give that big a shit.

Besides, he has a point. Axl should have delivered by now. He somehow snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in 2002, and hasn't been seen since, so it's hardly surprising that he attracts the odd derogatory comment like this, even if the sequence of events in 2002 wasn't entirely his fault.

I wish people would stop being so obsessive and God damn groupie-like about Axl. He still gets up in the morning and takes a shit like the rest of us. No wonder he never goes outside with people like this around...

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: