Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dee Snider's Comments on Axl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dee Snider's Comments on Axl  (Read 19833 times)
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2004, 04:54:21 PM »

You could also say that VR are selling albums thanks to interest in the old band. But you'd never admit that.

/jarmo

why do you assume people won't admit it? Of course that's a big reason why they've sold albums. It's not the only reason, but it is a big one.

so how about we agree on this:

the current guns n roses is/will be largely fueled initially (ie: until they release an album and allow time for fans to listen to it and come to a decision)by interest in what the old band was (the old band includes axl, who is in the new band)

similarly, interest in velvet revolver has largely been fueled by the same reasons.

sound fair?

now you know me better
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2004, 05:18:40 PM »

any band that was huge and has spin off type bands will always have to credit their new success with their old ties..

Goes for vr, tommy, dizzy, adler's appetite, etc..
Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2004, 06:09:44 PM »

You could also say that VR are selling albums thanks to interest in the old band. But you'd never admit that.

/jarmo

Wrong. I do admit that.  It's alot easier to be looked upon when you are not locked in a closet.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2004, 06:18:44 PM »

Wow, I never thought you'd admit that people bought Contraband because they liked GN'R and not because it's the best thing ever released.

Would you admit that there's a certain mystery regarding the Axl Rose persona that might interest people and it's not only about the old band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2004, 06:26:26 PM »

Would you admit that there's a certain mystery regarding the Axl Rose persona that might interest people and it's not only about the old band?

Without a doubt Jarmo, mystery is a big part of axl's attraction.. He could be a little less mysterious after all this waiting... Also a big attraction for me is what cd will be like, it's been like waiting forever, you can't help but be excited..

It's like the worlds biggest rock star disappeared like a fart in the wind ,you just wonder what he will bring to the table. It's definetly a rollercoaster..
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2004, 09:09:15 PM »

Slash is not a nobody like John5 or Robin Finck who can be in or out of the band and nobody cares. So you are really missing this one.

Aint you a rude motherfucker hihi
Give the guys some credit man Undecided
Robin Finck is my favourite n' is 10 times better then Slash, just 'cause he doesnt have a trademark to suit your likings doesnt mean he cant cut it. But i know thats not what your sayin', once upon a time i thought like you do but thats totaly bullshit, i still am a Slash fan but no way near as i was 5 years ago, just remember the reason your hero is'nt there anymore is because he chose not to be, hence it's he's fault. Hence bring on the new guy ok

Richard Fortus n' Robin Finck are the best thing that happend to GNR ok ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2004, 09:25:32 PM »

Totally agree with you Mikkamakka,

Couldnt agree more, guns `chinese democracy starts now ` world tour failure was a big wake up call for axl.
People wanted to see GUNS N ROSES , not axl rose and co, and thats the plain n simple reason why that tour didnt sell and was a massive embaressment.

GNR were an untouchable force in music, well, up untill TSI anyway, after that it fell apart and didnt recover and probably wont for a loooooong time.

The only way for AXL to succeed in what hes trying to do is change the name of the band, pure and simple, without doing that hes deemed to fail.
GNR were a family, u cant change your family no matter who u are, u cant tell someone that what theve got is not what it actually is.
Unless you are stupid and weak minded.

you are weak minded, because you just cant let go of somethin' that once was, that's the people who were in the band n' have now long since been gone, you cry phaseONE 'cause you want them back, if you hero(s) are so cool why did they leave, thats what im pissed off about, and if you dont like it you should have left with em', thats not Axl's fault and i thank him for not giving up like they did. Being the last man standing (with the exception of Dizzy), he's about to pull it all off and the world will be up to date n' rockin' with the new GNR n' the new album...n' you'll be stuck in good ol' 87/91' still goin' 'it's nothin' without Slash'.

Just give it up phaseONE, it's all over buddy ok

W. Axl Rose
Robin Finck
Tommy Stinson
Richard Fortus
Dizzy Reed
Chris Pittman
Brain
take it or leave it....for good!!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2004, 02:36:49 AM »

I don't wanna be a asshole, but isn't all this little bit Offfftopic ?? ??

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2004, 02:44:02 AM »

Slash is not a nobody like John5 or Robin Finck who can be in or out of the band and nobody cares. So you are really missing this one.

Aint you a rude motherfucker hihi
Give the guys some credit man Undecided
Robin Finck is my favourite n' is 10 times better then Slash, just 'cause he doesnt have a trademark to suit your likings doesnt mean he cant cut it. But i know thats not what your sayin', once upon a time i thought like you do but thats totaly bullshit, i still am a Slash fan but no way near as i was 5 years ago, just remember the reason your hero is'nt there anymore is because he chose not to be, hence it's he's fault. Hence bring on the new guy ok

Richard Fortus n' Robin Finck are the best thing that happend to GNR ok ok

rofl

Funniest post ever. Robin Finck is a real nobody. He was a nobody when played in the NIN touring band, and he's a nobody in Nu-GN'R. He can1t even play guitar, he's the second worst guitar player who has ever played in GN'R (1. is Paul Tobias). Guitar magazines don'r know shit aboot this talentless, out-of-key, 'I don't know how to bend' guy. He's better than Slash?  rofl The fact that Slash doesn't play with Axl and his 'vision band' anymore doesn't make me love less his GN'R and post-GN'R works. Face it, Robin Finck isn't talented at all, you can like his look or photos, but his guitar playing? Nope.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2004, 09:42:08 AM »

Remember when Guitar magazines wrote about Gilby back in 1992? Do you have an idea why they'd write about Gilby who was quite unknown before 1992?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estranged.1098
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2004, 01:23:25 PM »

Funniest post ever. blah blah blah...

Do you play guitar?
Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2004, 01:30:12 PM »

you are weak minded, because you just cant let go of somethin' that once was,

Hmmm, that sounds like your boy Axl keeping the SAME NAME.? Maybe he can't let go of the trademark name that keeps him in the spotlight.? The name of a band that once was.? Maybe Axl is weak minded and can't be recognized as a solo artist or a frontman for a new band.? Cause GN'R aint alive, cuz.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 01:31:53 PM by Jagger » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »

Funniest post ever. blah blah blah...

Do you play guitar?

For only 14 years.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2004, 03:11:28 PM »

maybe with a strong campaign GN'R can be successful again, but Axl has to win millions of new fans to replace the old ones. On the other hand: don't forget that one of the main factors of Axl's success was his sexepil: imagine the 2002 Axl Rose as a sex symbol! No way.
Why does Axl have to be a sex symbol again? DOes Axl even care if hes a sex symbol again? Its obivious Axl doesnt care about what peopel think these days. Hes soley focused on one thing...MUSIC. Thats all the guy seems to care about by all accounts. ALl we hear is how focused and determind he is. the only thing you said rigt in your post is that GNR will have to attract new fans. And thats correct. GNR cant and prob wont depend soley on their old fans. New fans = a better gnr. The old fans will be there if the material is good.

Maybe Axl is weak minded and can't be recognized as a solo artist or a frontman for a new band.  Cause GN'R aint alive, cuz.
Or maybe GNR will be stronger than ever. In Axls mind GNR hasnt ended. Take it or leave it. Peopel like you are still around so I guess your atleast curious. ANd for that, Uncle Axl has done his job during this null time period.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2004, 04:20:11 PM »

Dee Snider's a washed up has-been-wannabe, so long for his comments on Axl...

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
estranged.1098
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2004, 11:24:50 PM »

Great then. Have a crack at "The Blues" and get back to me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: