Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95733 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2005, 01:55:46 PM »

I do think that Axl pobably had some input into the music, but not massive amonts. For the people who think it was all All and the rest of the band were just there to play a few riffs to Axl's musical genius - look at the Hollywood Rose demos. They were recoreded 1 or 2 years before Gn'R formed - and for the most part there nothing special. Look at AFD - best album ever. What had changed - the musicians playing and writing with Axl? - and i dont just mean Izzy, casue he was part of Hollywood Rose as well. Slash, Duff and to a lesser degree Steven lit the? sparks of greatness that were in Hollywood Rose but wernt being fully used so to speak.

Duff said axl never wrote ANY of the music in guns n roses. We all know its a lie.? You can even throw out the AFD songs and just look at the UYIs. Like estranged, nov rain, breakdown etc etc. Axl wrote the music on those song no? Nov rain started out as just piano, but I guess slash wrote that right?

I suppose Axl wrote all of the guitar, bass and drum parts to those songs eh? I didnt think so. I never even knew Axl played guitar, bass and drums at that point in time...... And Duff was misquoted - hes already amened what they printed as his words. And before you start jumping on him for backtracking a) the press misprint people all of the time to create contreversy - take Axl for example and b) we all know that certain other members of the band have made statements that wernt 100 percent true.

Duff has said the SAME thing on two OTHER occasions.
Was he 'misquoted' ALL THREE TIMES?

Duff said some dumb ass shit.  Why is that so hard to believe?
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2005, 03:06:01 PM »

I do think that Axl pobably had some input into the music, but not massive amonts. For the people who think it was all All and the rest of the band were just there to play a few riffs to Axl's musical genius - look at the Hollywood Rose demos. They were recoreded 1 or 2 years before Gn'R formed - and for the most part there nothing special. Look at AFD - best album ever. What had changed - the musicians playing and writing with Axl? - and i dont just mean Izzy, casue he was part of Hollywood Rose as well. Slash, Duff and to a lesser degree Steven lit the? sparks of greatness that were in Hollywood Rose but wernt being fully used so to speak.

Duff said axl never wrote ANY of the music in guns n roses. We all know its a lie.? You can even throw out the AFD songs and just look at the UYIs. Like estranged, nov rain, breakdown etc etc. Axl wrote the music on those song no? Nov rain started out as just piano, but I guess slash wrote that right?

I suppose Axl wrote all of the guitar, bass and drum parts to those songs eh? I didnt think so. I never even knew Axl played guitar, bass and drums at that point in time...... And Duff was misquoted - hes already amened what they printed as his words. And before you start jumping on him for backtracking a) the press misprint people all of the time to create contreversy - take Axl for example and b) we all know that certain other members of the band have made statements that wernt 100 percent true.

Duff has said the SAME thing on two OTHER occasions.
Was he 'misquoted' ALL THREE TIMES?

Duff said some dumb ass shit.? Why is that so hard to believe?

Duff may have said some stuff which wasnt true - however im not gonna crucify him for it. All of the old/new members have said stuff which may or may not have been true - take the promises of new material by the Nu-Gn'R for example.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 03:07:54 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #362 on: July 25, 2005, 06:50:22 PM »

[Duff may have said some stuff which wasnt true - however im not gonna crucify him for it.

duff  'crucifies' (condemns) himself by the lies and shit he talks.

All of the old/new members have said stuff which may or may not have been true - take the promises of new material by the Nu-Gn'R for example.

the album has not been released yet... the guys have talked about new material which does exist and which has been planned for release for years....   them saying there is new material which is planned for release is the truth.  where is the lie?  And where is the malice?  who are they trying to trick and for what alleged purpose?  the answer is that there is none.  they aren't talking shit with some subversive motive. 

duff said what he said to try and take credit away from Axl regarding GN'R's music.

If Axl came out and tried to diminish or deny Duff's contributions to GN'R by saying something like this he would be sporting nails through hand and foot faster than you could say "crucified'!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #363 on: July 25, 2005, 10:36:03 PM »

How can duff have been misquoted when he has been quoting saying it on more than one occasion? And at that point Axl did play guitar, so shows how much you know.

I love how people like you claim duff was misquoted when he keeps saying the same thing. Give me a break.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2005, 12:43:35 PM »

"We'll be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs" - Axl, Rock In Rio 3, 2001. Are you gonna attack him for saying that lie - or do you reserve the attacks for ex members only?

Riot In Everyone!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2005, 01:07:15 PM »

"We'll be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs" - Axl, Rock In Rio 3, 2001. Are you gonna attack him for saying that lie - or do you reserve the attacks for ex members only?

That is not a lie. How many times does this have to be adressed. Saying something will  happen in the future and then that not happening is not a lie.  Its like saying, im going to go to the store in an hour, then when that hour passes, you dont end up going.

Is that  a lie?

NO.

It is however a lie when you say something in the past didn't happen when it did.

Like this.

I didnt go to the store yesterday but I did go to the store.
That is a lie.

How hard is this to understand?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2005, 01:47:26 PM »

That is not a lie. How many times does this have to be adressed. Saying something will? happen in the future and then that not happening is not a lie.? Its like saying, im going to go to the store in an hour, then when that hour passes, you dont end up going.

Is that? a lie?

NO.

It is however a lie when you say something in the past didn't happen when it did.

Like this.

That is a lie.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=45936&dict=CALD

Definition
lie (SPEAK FALSELY)
verb lying, lied, lied
to say or write something which is not true in order to deceive someone

Riot In Everyone!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2005, 01:50:48 PM »

That is not a lie. How many times does this have to be adressed. Saying something will? happen in the future and then that not happening is not a lie.? Its like saying, im going to go to the store in an hour, then when that hour passes, you dont end up going.

Is that? a lie?

NO.

Like this.

That is a lie.

rofl

So if I come on to the board tomorrow and tell everyone CD will be released on August 14th and it's not released I didn't lie

rofl

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2005, 01:56:14 PM »

Is that? a lie?

NO.

Like this.

That is a lie.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=45936&dict=CALD

Definition
lie (SPEAK FALSELY)
verb lying, lied, lied
to say or write something which is not true in order to deceive someone

Your definition proves my point and makes you look like a fool. Duff was trying to deceive people by saying Axl never wrote any of the music. Where as Axl telling us he would be back never summer he was not trying to deceive anyone.

How old are you again? You don?t even know what a lie is?
Here is a little vocabulary lesson for you. When Axl says CD should be out next summer or see you next summer those are called intentions, its what you INTEND to you.

Understand?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:03:40 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2005, 02:03:24 PM »

Go back to school Dave. Of course he was deciving us - saying that hes gonna be back the next year with loads of new songs and then not doing so when he had plenty of opportunity is deciving in my eyes - dunno what youd call it.

Not only that - but im sure Axl has lied at some point during his life - mabye you wouldnt belive that, but its true. We all lie - you just use any excuse to blast Duff. Its not smart of him to go round claiming stuff that aint true - but whats the big deal - hes already said that it isnt true. Has Axl apologise for every lie hes ever made? If not then your argument past saying that it was a foolish thing to do - end of story - is completelty flawed.

Riot In Everyone!
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2005, 02:05:24 PM »

Is that? a lie?

NO.

Like this.

That is a lie.

rofl

So if I come on to the board tomorrow and tell everyone CD will be released on August 14th and it's not released I didn't lie

rofl

smoking Izzy? smoking

Tommorrow im going to release the best album in the history of the world. (It wont happen - but im not lying!)

Riot In Everyone!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2005, 02:06:28 PM »

Go back to school Dave. Of course he was deciving us - saying that hes gonna be back the next year with loads of new songs and then not doing so when he had plenty of opportunity is deciving in my eyes - dunno what youd call it.

Not only that - but im sure Axl has lied at some point during his life - mabye you wouldnt belive that, but its true. We all lie - you just use any excuse to blast Duff. Its not smart of him to go round claiming stuff that aint true - but whats the big deal - hes already said that it isnt true. Has Axl apologise for every lie hes ever made? If not then your argument past saying that it was a foolish thing to do - end of story - is completelty flawed.

Oh so when VR cancelled their tour they LIED to all the fans for the shows that were cancelled because they didn't do the shows? And this has nothing to do ?with Axl never lying about anything. It has to do with duff lying about axl not writing any of guns n roses music and you claiming axl is lying when he said he would be back next summer with a bunch of new songs.

So answer me this, did VR lie when they cancelled the rest of their tour? Using your logic yes they are liars, which in turn proves my point even more that duff and slash are proven liars.

Linker and Izzy you can act like a fool all you want but the fact that you are acting like that (oh if i say cd will be released blah blah blah) proves you know that I am correct.

So good day and go back to 5th? grade and learn what lying is. And answer my question about VR.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:10:05 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2005, 02:21:14 PM »

Oh so when VR cancelled their tour they LIED to all the fans for the shows that were cancelled because they didn't do the shows? And this has nothing to do ?with Axl never lying about anything. It has to do with duff lying about axl not writing any of guns n roses music and you claiming axl is lying when he said he would be back next summer with a bunch of new songs.

So answer me this, did VR lie when they cancelled the rest of their tour? Using your logic yes they are liars, which in turn proves my point even more that duff and slash are proven liars.

Linker and Izzy you can act like a fool all you want but the fact that you are acting like that (oh if i say cd will be released blah blah blah) proves you know that I am correct.

So good day and go back to 5th? grade and learn what lying is. And answer my question about VR.

Did VR lie - yes they said they were gonna play somewhere and didnt. I think mabye your forgetting the 2 cancelled tours and the cancelled RIR4 gig by Axl's new Gn'R though?

Id also like to draw your attention to these quotes from interviews with Axl that are in the articles section from 2001 and 2000 -

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well.

Whats your problem with just admitting your idol has lied to you and other fans before?! Most people would just say - Stupid thing to say by Duff - hes corrected himself - get over it. You seem determind to have him crucified for his comment!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:25:11 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2005, 02:32:52 PM »

axl's name comes up 22 times and has 6 songs credited entirely to him.
Izzy's name comes up 11 times and has 3 songs credited entirely to him
Slash's name comes up 9 times and has no songs credited entirely to him

axl's mere ammount of contributions to the guns n' roses music speaks for itself, and for anyone to try to take that away from him is just pathetic. nuff said.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2005, 02:33:59 PM »

Axl is not lying when he talked about the album release. There was NEVER a set release date, and like I said when he said that those were his intentions. And people like you wonder why Axl has not said a word in a very long time. Its because ignorant people like you claim Axl lies he gives a possible date and then it doesn't happen. Why do you think Axl said back at the VMAS the album wont be out anytime soon. Its so people like you cant claim he is lying. So you and the others like you should get a huge standing ovation because it?s your fault and others like you why Axl does not give us any info.

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2005, 02:40:15 PM »

Axl is not lying when he talked about the album release. There was NEVER a set release date, and like I said when he said that those were his intentions. And people like you wonder why Axl has not said a word in a very long time. Its because ignorant people like you claim Axl lies he gives a possible date and then it doesn't happen. Why do you think Axl said back at the VMAS the album wont be out anytime soon. Its so people like you cant claim he is lying. So you and the others like you should get a huge standing ovation because it?s your fault and others like you why Axl does not give us any info.

Yes - im sure Axl reads these boards and says - Oh no! I better not tell anyone about CD or the new band becasue of what Lineker10 might say! Axl's had a history of not speaking very muich about Gn'R - ever since the new band was formed - a few interviews here and there and thats it. And i dont wonder why he hasnt said anything - becasue theres nothing to say, hes still working on the album - no release day in sight and theres still no word on the guitarist situation. Theres nothing to report - thats why he doesnt say anything!

Riot In Everyone!
Dust N Rose
« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2005, 05:50:20 PM »

it should be locked anyway
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #377 on: July 27, 2005, 01:01:18 PM »

I think the word Dave is trying to find is intention, for the example he made, yet again I could be wrong, anyway everything Duff said or Axl said in the past wether is lie or not is up to them to clarify and not speculate, for Instance I really think Duff did said that to make Axl speak something, but this is just my opinion and will mean nothing until Duff said something about this comentary.  peace

No man can be my equal
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2005, 04:39:13 PM »

its probably misinterpreted

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2005, 05:47:21 PM »

I think the word Dave is trying to find is intention, for the example he made, yet again I could be wrong, anyway everything Duff said or Axl said in the past wether is lie or not is up to them to clarify and not speculate, for Instance I really think Duff did said that to make Axl speak something, but this is just my opinion and will mean nothing until Duff said something about this comentary.? peace

I used the word intention a few times, go back and read my posts. Intentions are not lies if they dont come true. But duff changing what happened and the past and saying something did not happen when it did is a lie.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: