Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:06:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95897 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2004, 03:23:09 PM »

If axl couldn't play any instrument besides the piano, what the hell is he doing with a guitar??hihi

1. it's not the right topic for this.

2. If you ever saw a guitarist, you'd tell how lame Axl's guitar handling is. It's like Slash would sit at the piano and it's be a proof that he can play the instrument.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2004, 04:18:46 PM »

Well mike at the boston show in 2002 one of the people in front of me was with one of the boston papers, and he told me he talked to gnrs publicts and said the plan was to release it around labor day 2003. So I know in Dec of 2002 it would be atleast a? year before he heard anything about the album.

Well regardless we would have had it, and the buckethead thing was unfortunate.. One thing that suprised me was when I went to msg I was kind of hoping that he would have spoke of the album more.. Afterall it was several months since his interview with Kurt Loder.. Put it this way on Dec 5th 2002 I was a very happy person looking forward to something after a tour..

Even if the album wasn't ready it just sucked that the band vanished as quick as they appeared for that stint.. I wish someone besides tommy would speak, makes you wonder if he wasn't touring would we know anything..?

All I want is one thing in gnr news, booking arenas, recording a video, or anything of that nature.. I have my days where I feel somewhat positive thehn I have others where this whole thing seems like it will never happen..

WILL, Guess there isn't anything left to say in regards to the topic, either you think duff is right, some what right, or wrong.. I don't agree with what he said, but I know from following the european tour that they get hounded about axl rose and the old band in regards to what went wrong.. I think when axl comes around the journalists can ask him where he's been or whatever else instead of asking the others numerous questions about the same old subjects.. I think duff should give no comments these days, these things happened so long ago..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2004, 04:30:38 PM »

2. If you ever saw a guitarist, you'd tell how lame Axl's guitar handling is. It's like Slash would sit at the piano and it's be a proof that he can play the instrument.

Axl's piano playing hands are not always in the ideal egg holding shape either. Still he plays it well.

Piano is essential to understand music. You can play chord and riff at the same time on piano.
That?s why Most composers play piano skillfully or tolerably.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 04:32:41 PM by ppbebe » Logged
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2004, 05:03:15 PM »

Once again Dizzy trying to spin this into something its not. Just give it up dizzy, other people see my point on this, but why cant? you. Let me make it REALLY EASY for you.

If people can claim it has taken Axl ten years to make CD because TSI was their last album, I can point to the GHs album and Live era? being release.? If YOU and OTHERS want to play semantics then I can too, its that simple.? Do you understand now dizzy?

Now lets get back to duff talking about Axl not writing any of the music in guns n roses.

dude, do you even know what "semantics" means?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2004, 05:20:21 PM »

Nor have they ever said that the album was being considered for released in month XXXX.

It should be out by June.

Dizzy, December 2001

Point taken. But this is the first we've heard bandmembers admit to hearing finished tracks as well as one of them indicating the album was being mastered. Combine that with Vh1 being told November and Tommy & Dizzy mentioning that date as well as a possible February date and we have a number of interesting bits of info which when taken together seem to foretell the end of this excruiating wait.

Whether it happens or doesn't remains to be seen, but the indicators for release right now are the strongest that they've ever been. There is reason to be optimistic.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 05:35:51 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2004, 07:52:16 PM »

16 pages....damn!

Duff said this shit before.
It does not take a genius to understand that Axl had a HUGE part in the creation of the GN'R catalogue.
They are trying to get sole rights in their lawsuit
Thats bullshit
Duff shouldn't talk out of his ass like this
but oh well... whatever... I'm not surprised
A lot of fans worried about Axl ruining / tarnishing the GN'R name but in my opinion when Duff talks shit like this he is dragging it through the mud  no

estranged.1098
« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2004, 08:02:32 PM »

Axl has taken the high road on all of this bashing and has not say anything back about them since the tour ended.

Yeah, Axl taking the high road,? hihi .? ?The way he slammed his former bandmates during the tour, that tells you exactly what road he takes.? Nothing Duff, Slash, or Steven have said has been nearly as nasty as the things Axl said during the 2002 tour.? And just wait, if Axl ever tours again, he'll be right back at it.? You'll see how he takes the "high road".

Axl was being honest in his rants. By that I mean he was saying what he actually thought, and although it may have sounded bitter or harsh and you and I may not agree with him, that's how he feels.

Now:
"He never wrote any of the music", DUFF.
"There's only a couple of songs with vocals on it -- I know that for a fact." SLASH.

Now, that's BULLSHIT and LYING.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »

Axl has taken the high road on all of this bashing and has not say anything back about them since the tour ended.

Yeah, Axl taking the high road,? hihi .? ?The way he slammed his former bandmates during the tour, that tells you exactly what road he takes.? Nothing Duff, Slash, or Steven have said has been nearly as nasty as the things Axl said during the 2002 tour.? And just wait, if Axl ever tours again, he'll be right back at it.? You'll see how he takes the "high road".

Axl was being honest in his rants. By that I mean he was saying what he actually thought, and although it may have sounded bitter or harsh and you and I may not agree with him, that's how he feels.

Now:
"There's only a couple of songs with vocals on it -- I know that for a fact." SLASH.

2 very good examples.
I'm used to thier bullshit lies by now...
Axl called it a couple years back in reference to Slash....  what was it exactly he said..?
"Slash is a liar... its who he is... it's what he does"
yeah... something like that
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2004, 08:39:34 PM »

ok...we already know axl can produce quality music without the old GnR...we've already heard good songs from the new gnr - the blues, madagascar, etc...so, don't worry...we know axl's got the goods...he'll deliver...when CD comes out, duff will have to shut his pie hole, because we won't be able to claim that axl is talentless when everybody is praising Chinese Democracy
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2004, 08:49:06 PM »

ok...we already know axl can produce quality music without the old GnR...we've already heard good songs from the new gnr - the blues, madagascar, etc...so, don't worry...we know axl's got the goods...

Whoa, settle down with the blanket statement.

IMO (besides Chinese Democracy) all we've got from Axl and his band is a collection of b/c-sides and (though I like it personally) a horrribly received comeback song in "Oh My God".

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2004, 09:03:01 PM »

I wish someone besides tommy would speak, makes you wonder if he wasn't touring would we know anything..?

No.

But then again, do we really know anything since he is touring?

-No.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 09:04:45 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #311 on: October 18, 2004, 09:33:13 PM »

Damn I can't believe my home town newspaper made an article that would be over 16 pages ok

First off it's another lousy statement from duff... Yeah ok Axl had nothing to do with guns n roses he was just a nobody and didnt do a damn thing for us....

Well in offense to Duffy he may have some points that people tend to go overboard with liking Axl but at the same time you can't denial that Axl made that band. Go put on welcome to the jungle right now and tell me what you think ....So what if Axl didnt write or play he could sing the songs great.

Later

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2004, 10:48:26 PM »

ok...we already know axl can produce quality music without the old GnR...we've already heard good songs from the new gnr - the blues, madagascar, etc...so, don't worry...we know axl's got the goods...

IMO (besides Chinese Democracy) all we've got from Axl and his band is a collection of b/c-sides and (though I like it personally) a horrribly received comeback song in "Oh My God".

?

Horrible song in your opinion a lot of people liked oh my god esp gnr fans.
There was a poll on this board sometime in 2002 and oh my god got 70% like and 30% not.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2004, 11:33:12 PM »

?

There was a poll on this board sometime in 2002 and oh my god got 70% like and 30% not.

This is by no means an insult, but a question, are you that fucking dense?

READ MY POST, I said "I like it personally", I never said it was a horrible song.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estranged.1098
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2004, 03:00:31 PM »

So fucking what?? Being "honest" doesn't mean you're taking the high road.? I'm sick of this stupid shit of "Axl being honest" and all the defenders of "Axl's truth".? Adolf Hitler was honest too.? Does that mean he was taking the high road?? ? Roll Eyes

Nobody said a thing about Axl taking the high road, read the post again... and to bring up Hitler? He was a politician, and his political views are generally not accepted even in a democratic country because they were racist and imperialist. That has got absofuckinglutely nothing to do with Axl telling his side of the story while Duff and Slash tell lies:

ok...we already know axl can produce quality music without the old GnR.

No we don't.? Until Axl has released something, he hasn't produced jack shit.

..we've already heard good songs from the new gnr -

No we haven't.? We've heard crappy bootleg recordings of songs that could be good, but may never see the light of day.

You say... We've heard crappy bootleg recordings of songs... The Blues is a great song, whether it's been released or not. I'm sure you just wanted to bring up the fact that the album still hasn't been released, which is becoming a hobby for you: to stir shit against Guns N' Roses in every fucking thread. Get over it.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2004, 03:29:25 PM »

?

This is by no means an insult, but a question, are you that fucking dense?

READ MY POST, I said "I like it personally", I never said it was a horrible song.

I read  your post wrong, my mistake  ok

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2004, 08:53:44 PM »

Well Duff posted in a VR forum, just like I suspected he was misquoted here is the link he posted twice so scroll down to check the other post http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7764

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2004, 09:11:32 PM »

That is just duff covering his ass because of the backlash on all the forums.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2004, 09:44:45 PM »

Yea your right, I forgot Duff has a track record of bashing and squashing Axl all the time... damn how did I not see that one!   Roll Eyes
estranged.1098
« Reply #319 on: October 22, 2004, 09:50:27 PM »

I think he should have been more clear about it in his post, like "I never said blah blah blah...", but anyway...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: