Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:07:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95899 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #280 on: October 17, 2004, 11:30:46 PM »

Whatever dude.? Just whatever.? And CD is NOT out yet.

Wow you are a regular James Carville. Using the fact that Axl hasn't released CD to win some point on a GnR board takes about as much talent as shooting the broad side of a barn with a shot gun. The problem with your position is that it's transitory; whenever this album is released, and trust me it will see the light of day, your whole position is obsolete.  So we here at this board grin and shrug when people like you come here; you do your little dance and have your little fun but you know what, it doesn't make a difference. People will wait for Chinese Democracy. People will wait for Axl. Only when the album is released can someone legitmately come here and complain that Axl is washed up or has wasted his talents, but not til that day.  So your words fall on deaf ears here bro. Maybe the folks at metal sludge will appreciate your jaded view on this band.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
estranged.1098
« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2004, 02:29:16 AM »

CD needs to be released soon... "the haters" are spreading like virus and infecting all threads in this forum, like this one about Duff and his statement.
 hihi
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2004, 09:09:23 AM »

Its a collection of OLD songs. C'mon man, dont fool yourself.

Its still an album, so you lose.? You cant claim gnr have not released an album since 93.
Why is it so hard for the axl bashers to admit that its only taken axl 5 years to put out CD?
OH i know why because when? you look at it unbiased it doesnt seem that long than claiming its taking axl ten years to put out an album.

well, axl's working more than 5 years on this album. he started workign an songs in 1994. slash said, that they were working mainly on axl's songs. so some ideas started back then. of course he didn't work the whole time on them, he surely had to stopped now and then.
i don't wanna bash axl for that long time, but it's just a fact.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2004, 10:47:28 AM »

Its ok to be wrong.?

That's great Dave, because YOU are wrong.? A greatest hits CD is a COMPILATION.? It is NOT an album.? Especially given the fact that no member of GNR had the slightest thing to do with it.? In fact, Axl, Slash, and Duff were so opposed to it that they attempted to take legal action to hault its release.

No band considers a greatest hits release to be an actual album.? It is nothing more than tracks pulled from their real albums.

Come on man, if you haven't been listening to Tommy and Dizzy

Are you serious?? Yeah, we've all been listening to Tommy and Dizzy......saying the same things for four years!? "It'll be out soon", yeah, we should definitely grant that statement more merit now than when they said the same thing in 2001.? ?Tongue

They have never said that they listened to finished tracks before. Nor have they ever said that the album was being considered for released in month XXXX.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2004, 11:26:29 AM »

Its ok to be wrong.?

That's great Dave, because YOU are wrong.? A greatest hits CD is a COMPILATION.? It is NOT an album.? Especially given the fact that no member of GNR had the slightest thing to do with it.? In fact, Axl, Slash, and Duff were so opposed to it that they attempted to take legal action to hault its release.

No band considers a greatest hits release to be an actual album.? It is nothing more than tracks pulled from their real albums.

Are you serious?? Yeah, we've all been listening to Tommy and Dizzy......saying the same things for four years!? "It'll be out soon", yeah, we should definitely grant that statement more merit now than when they said the same thing in 2001.? ?Tongue

A COMPILATION is still an album. So you lose.  An album is an album no matter how you want to slice it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2004, 11:31:15 AM »

Its a collection of OLD songs. C'mon man, dont fool yourself.

Its still an album, so you lose.? You cant claim gnr have not released an album since 93.
Why is it so hard for the axl bashers to admit that its only taken axl 5 years to put out CD?
OH i know why because when? you look at it unbiased it doesnt seem that long than claiming its taking axl ten years to put out an album.

well, axl's working more than 5 years on this album. he started workign an songs in 1994. slash said, that they were working mainly on axl's songs. so some ideas started back then. of course he didn't work the whole time on them, he surely had to stopped now and then.
i don't wanna bash axl for that long time, but it's just a fact.

The haters really like claiming it has taken axl 10 years to make this album, all the songs that axl worked on with slash and duff are in a vault somewhere, didnt duff even say this? You really think that Axl is going to use those songs? The answer is NO. The only song that may make the album is this I love  but just  because that will make the album doesnts mean its take that long . that would be like saying it took the band 5 years to make the UYI because dont cry was on it and that song was written in 1986.

The core of the current band started working on Cd in about 1999 thus its only taken 5 years. Is it really that hard to understand?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2004, 11:35:22 AM »

Its ok to be wrong.?

I think GH is an album, but, even if we disregard that, what about Live Era!.  Axl, Slash, AND Duff, from what I remember, had input into that, and I wouldn't exactly call it a compilation, since it was live material that had never been released.

I'm with dave on the 5 year thing.  It may have been 10 years since GnR released an album of "new" material, but Axl has not been working on CD for 10 years.   Both points are valid, but mutually exclusive of one another.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2004, 11:39:34 AM »

A COMPILATION is still an album. So you lose.? An album is an album no matter how you want to slice it.

WRONG.? When a band is working on an album, and they say "this is our third album", they are NOT counting any hits compilation they may have released.? They mean their third album of original material.? As I said, a hits "album" is just songs taken from other albums.? Christ, I guess you'd count every overseas compilation as an album too.

Hell, Cinderella only released four studio albums, but I'm come across at least four different hits compilations from various countries.? I guess by your (lack of) logic, that means Cinderella released eight albums.? ?Roll Eyes

And as I said, since the GNR Greatest Hits album was released without input or sanction from any of the band members, you can hardly give Axl credit for releasing an album.? Hell, he tried to sue to keep it from being released, and you're giving him credit for releasing it?

You can make all the stupid "you lose" comments you wish, you're still incorrect on this.

Read your post dizzy, the one you just wrote.? Let me quote you.?
"And as I said, since the GNR Greatest Hits album was released ...."

You just called it an album didnt? you? So it is an album then.
Thanks for proving my point.

The fact is some of you want to get all cutesy and claim Axl has been working on CD for ten years when we all know its only been about 5, but if  you guys want to get cute with that then I  can get cute and point out the GHs album and the Live era album. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 11:42:14 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

A COMPILATION is still an album. So you lose.? An album is an album no matter how you want to slice it.

WRONG.? When a band is working on an album, and they say "this is our third album", they are NOT counting any hits compilation they may have released.? They mean their third album of original material.? As I said, a hits "album" is just songs taken from other albums.? Christ, I guess you'd count every overseas compilation as an album too.

Hell, Cinderella only released four studio albums, but I'm come across at least four different hits compilations from various countries.? I guess by your (lack of) logic, that means Cinderella released eight albums.? ?Roll Eyes

And as I said, since the GNR Greatest Hits album was released without input or sanction from any of the band members, you can hardly give Axl credit for releasing an album.? Hell, he tried to sue to keep it from being released, and you're giving him credit for releasing it?

You can make all the stupid "you lose" comments you wish, you're still incorrect on this.

See, we're playing games of semantics here.  dave is technically, semantically right.  It IS an album.  It's a compilation ALBUM..note the word album.  In that, he is correct.

GH was also an officially GNR Release by the label. 

You can say AXL has not released an album since Live Era (he did have input on that), but not that GnR has not released AN album in 10 years.  You can say they have not released an album of "new" or "original" material, you can say they have not released a "Studio" album, but you can't use the general "album" and not be semantically incorrect.

Best, when that happens, to just clarify what you mean and move on.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2004, 11:52:14 AM »

Dizzy,
He's just playing with semantics because it makes him feel good to think Axl hasn't been procrastinating and it still releasing albums, even if he didn't authorize them. Just let him be, because he lives in his own little world on this board and trying to get him to realize how asinine the things he says are is like drawing water from a stone.....just not possible.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2004, 11:53:36 AM »

Where Dave makes himself look really stupid is by accrediting Axl with Greatest Hits, when he didn't have anything to do with it, and even fought against its release.

So Dave, I guess if six more GNR compilations come out, that means Axl has released seven albums since he's had his new band?? Hell, then Axl doesn't even need to release CD!? All he needs to do is release bullshit hits compilations and you'll keep ignorantly saying that he's releasing albums!? ?Tongue

But go ahead Dave, continue to disregard that.? It's a reflection on you, not me.

Roll Eyes at dizzy for the name calling.? I said all i need to on this matter in my last thread. No need in going in circles like you like to do dizzy. You can claim what ever you want but CD has not taken ten years and gnr have put out albums since TSI.

lets try and get back on topic.

Dizzy,
He's just playing with semantics because it makes him feel good to think Axl hasn't been procrastinating and it still releasing albums, even if he didn't authorize them. Just let him be, because he lives in his own little world on this board and trying to get him to realize how asinine the things he says are is like drawing water from a stone.....just not possible.

Ah i forgot its ok when the bashers like you and dizzy play with semantics and claim its taking axl ten years to make CD yet when I do it I am livng in my own little world.  Funny stuff. Just further proves my point about hypocrites like you and dizzy on this board.  Thanks once again for proving my point.

Now back on topic.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 11:55:58 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2004, 11:55:52 AM »

you can't seriously be comparing velvet revolver to britney spears

My point is, album sales dont equal talent.

Of course that's true ,whatever catches on sells alot, plus it also is what you think talent is..

Off of that there's not many ways to prove a point, so sometimes you mention sales to say people are buying it, or singles doing good to say people are requesting songs.. When CD finally comes out and I'm sure it will debut at one, won't you tell someone CD is good it debuted at number one..

I'm sure you won't have a problem saying that the album sold this many copies, or the single is this high on the charts..

Point is you will defend new gnr regardless of how someone feels about them with stats after the album, single comes out.. ok There's nothing wrong with that..

Someone says snakepit was bad because it didn't sell (obviously no promotion), and Contraband debuts at number one, and both slither and ftp's have been number one single for mainstream, modern rock but then we'll hear sales don't mean everything, then you'll get a britney, backstreet refrence... Either way you can't win!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2004, 12:09:45 PM »

Once again Dizzy trying to spin this into something its not. Just give it up dizzy, other people see my point on this, but why cant? you. Let me make it REALLY EASY for you.

If people can claim it has taken Axl ten years to make CD because TSI was their last album, I can point to the GHs album and Live era? being release.? If YOU and OTHERS want to play semantics then I can too, its that simple.? Do you understand now dizzy?

Now lets get back to duff talking about Axl not writing any of the music in guns n roses.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 12:12:27 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2004, 12:18:09 PM »

Once again Dizzy trying to spin this into something its not. Just give it up dizzy, other people see my point on this, but why cant? you. Let me make it REALLY EASY for you.

If people can claim it has taken Axl ten years to make CD because TSI was their last album, I can point to the GHs album and Live era? being release.? If YOU and OTHERS want to play semantics then I can too, its that simple.? Do you understand now dizzy?

Now lets get back to duff talking about Axl not writing any of the music in guns n roses.

Well I haven't been following the thread but regardless gnr hasn't released NEW material since the illusions, unless you want to count oh my god and a few boots..

As for duff he lied or whatever but I could care less everyone knows axl contributed, so what else is there to say? One thing dave you only hold people accountable when it's something you agree with, but I don't see you getting pissed because axl said New songs next summer, or time to wrap the album up circa 2001..  SUre duff spoke shit, I'm sure the guys wrote most of the beats n parts for the instruments, but it was from 85 to 93 so who cares anymore..?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2004, 12:23:51 PM »

Mike If you have been a gnr fan since the beginning, then? you know gnr is all about delays it just goes with being? a fan.? The UYIs were pushed back a few times, and now CD is too.? The album will come out when it comes out.? There has never been an offical release date just the bands hopes when to get it out.? When Axl said at the VMAS the album wont be out anytime soon, I just said, its going to be a while and have delt with it.? The bashers love to bring up its still not out then but when its finally out what are they going to bitch about? As for who cares anymore well duff and slash do since they still slandering him any chance they get, and this board must since there is a bunch of posts about it in this thread.

Duff should really just shut up and play. Axl as much as the naysayers would hate to admit it, Axl has taken the high road on all of this bashing and has not say anything back about them since the tour ended.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 12:25:51 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #295 on: October 18, 2004, 12:32:42 PM »

Mike If you have been a gnr fan since the beginning, then? you know gnr is all about delays it just goes with being? a fan.? The UYIs were pushed back a few times, and now CD is too.? The album will come out when it comes out.? There has never been an offical release date just the bands hopes when to get it out.? When Axl said at the VMAS the album wont be out anytime soon, I just said, its going to be a while and have delt with it.? The bashers love to bring up its still not out then but when its finally out what are they going to bitch about?

I have no problem with delays, but that's when it's within reason, be honest how long has Cd been known about, how long has talks been going on about this? I personally feel like I've been waiting since I bought the illusions albums so the delay seems extended..

It's also different when you're amking a comeback involving delays, it's not like wew just got TSI and it was to hold us over like in 93, it's 2004 and we haven't had one thing yet.. That's the problem.. I want this album more then some might think and I just like to voice my displeasures...

Regardless of who you are there's no way when you watched the vmas and heard it would come out but soon isn't the word would you ever think over 2 years later that there wouldn't be an album already, or a release date, a video recorded, or a single chosen.. Woud you think axl would have spoken about once in nearly two years.. Dec 5,2002-March 2004..

I've read the interviews, dizzy said originally november, now pushed back to the winter, then tommy mentions he wants to tour in the winter but with his solo project, but he needs to check in.. It just doesn't sound promising.. It doesn't matter if someone says don't wait for the album live your life, it's the point as fans gnr is part of your life... Can everything be buckethead's fault?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #296 on: October 18, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

Duff should really just shut up and play. Axl as much as the naysayers would hate to admit it, Axl has taken the high road on all of this bashing and has not say anything back about them since the tour ended.

First duff gets interviewed alot, and asked about gnr's old days and axl..

I wouldn't say axl took the high road, I see it as being a recluse who hides because he would have to answer CD questions so he has no time to be popping shots at anyone..-
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2004, 12:55:03 PM »

Well mike at the boston show in 2002 one of the people in front of me was with one of the boston papers, and he told me he talked to gnrs publicts and said the plan was to release it around labor day 2003. So I know in Dec of 2002 it would be atleast a  year before he heard anything about the album.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2004, 02:09:04 PM »

Ok, how's the end of this thread related AT ALL with the original subject (the odd line about it in a twenty line post about something else doesn't count)??

"DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC".

I'm fed up with seeing petty little fights between Dave/ Dizzy/ Booker/ Naupis/ you name it in every fuckin thread where former GN'R members are mentioned. Especially when you all highjack the thread to turn it into an endless "debate" (boohoo, Axl is a mean guy who cancels shows, boohoo, Slash and Duff slam Axl, etc.).

If you don't have anything to add concerning the subject (which I reposted a few lines above), then don't bother posting. If you continue your useless fights, this thread will be locked since no one seems to have something to add about the subject.

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2004, 02:40:39 PM »

If axl couldn't play any instrument besides the piano, what the hell is he doing with a guitar??hihi

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: