Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95947 times)
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2004, 06:18:09 PM »

Some people have way too much time on their hands arguing about this shit... I can't believe how long this thread is.

Obviously Axl had some sort of writing contribution, although to us it was more apparent in the UYI sets (when the band started using the piano in more of their songs).

I'm fairly sure that this snippet of an interview doens't quite convey the entire point that Duff was trying to make.

It really fucks me off everytime I come in here and see the abuse thrown towards Slash and Duff because of the odd comment about Axl. People get pissed off with Axl because he's been promising an album for the last 5 years, yet manages 1 press release a year.

I have noticed people on this board who were fans of Velvet Revolver, but then suddenly turn against them whenever a bad comment about almighty Axl comes from Slash and Duff. What the hell is that about? Does the VR music sound different now just because poor Axl gets a bad rap?

Listen to the music for fuck's sake, it's only rock n' roll. If you like it cool, if you don't like it, that's also cool. Just don't judge your opinion on the personal relationships between people that you don't personally know. Duff was there, no one here was, so obviously Duff is more qualified to make such bold statements than we are qualified to just dismiss them.

Although I find it hard to believe that Axl didn't write any music in GNR, I am also willing to understand the fact that Duff was there, and was probably able to base this opinion on a lot of stuff that no one here knows about.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 06:28:25 PM by jrs2001_99 » Logged

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2004, 07:03:31 PM »

Its funny how Axl fans will bitch at ANYTHING anti-Axl.  Well, thats what happens when you have:

1- No record
2- Ten years and counting........
3- A reclusive singer (who now resembles Michael Jackson appearence)
4- A failed tour
5- No original members
6- Missing current guitarists
7- *add your other gripes here*

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2004, 07:24:40 PM »

"Axl made it an Axl thing, but it really wasn't," McKagan said. "He never wrote any of the music. That was part of the reason it broke up, because we'd play shows and he'd say, 'Here's a song I wrote about . . .' and it would be a song he had nothing to do with."

Right.? And I'm sure the rest of the band just sat idly by while Axl attached his name to most of the songs in the album sleeves and left them out.  No one would've just sat there and allowed that.  Just more typical delusional crackhead Duff.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 07:26:21 PM by Kayoss » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2004, 07:49:07 PM »

Its funny how Axl fans will bitch at ANYTHING anti-Axl.? Well, thats what happens when you have:

1- No record
4- A failed tour
5- No original members

Its funny because back in 2002 when ever axl mentioned the old guys at a show or in an interview that was saying something negative about slash, duff or izzy there were threads of over 50 pages of people calling Axl an asshole.  OH but I guess that was not bitching right?

1. The album is on its way.
2. It has not been ten years, axl started CD in 1999, so lets all count now children, how many years is that? Its 5  years.
3. So what if axl keeps to himself, nothing wrong with that, unlike slash loves to steal and hod the spotlight. As for Axl looking like Jacko, he looks nothing like him and from the pics Eva gave us, it looks like axl had no surgery at all.
Either way Axl still looks much better than Duff or Weiland. Now those guys are scarey.  And slash is looking a little bloated too.
4. Vr tour is failing too in case you have not noticed. They have just cancelled a bunch of shows bc of lack of ticket sales.
5. If im not mistaken Axl is an orginal member, is he not? And axl was in guns n roses before slash.
6. Yes BH left, but tommy said its for the best and people have been bitching on this site for years saying they hvae too many guitarists.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2004, 08:03:04 PM »

[Either way Axl still looks much better than Duff or Weiland. Now those guys are scarey.? And slash is looking a little bloated too.

In your opinion only. Noone knows how Axl looks on a daily basis, because he is rarely photographed. When he is photographed, it looks like he has a ton of moisturizer on his face. So if your going by that, at least have Duff and Scott freshly shaved, with 1 pound of moisturizor on before criticizing their appearence. Thank you.
Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2004, 09:25:17 PM »

Its funny how Axl fans will bitch at ANYTHING anti-Axl.? Well, thats what happens when you have:

1- No record
4- A failed tour
5- No original members

Its funny because back in 2002 when ever axl mentioned the old guys at a show or in an interview that was saying something negative about slash, duff or izzy there were threads of over 50 pages of people calling Axl an asshole.? OH but I guess that was not bitching right?

2. It has not been ten years, axl started CD in 1999, so lets all count now children, how many years is that? Its 5? years.
3. So what if axl keeps to himself, nothing wrong with that, unlike slash loves to steal and hod the spotlight. As for Axl looking like Jacko, he looks nothing like him and from the pics Eva gave us, it looks like axl had no surgery at all.
Either way Axl still looks much better than Duff or Weiland. Now those guys are scarey.? And slash is looking a little bloated too.
4. Vr tour is failing too in case you have not noticed. They have just cancelled a bunch of shows bc of lack of ticket sales.
5. If im not mistaken Axl is an orginal member, is he not? And axl was in guns n roses before slash.
6. Yes BH left, but tommy said its for the best and people have been bitching on this site for years saying they hvae too many guitarists.

1-The album is on its way.  So is the apocalypse Don't hold your breath.  Why doesn't uncle Axl come on tv and tell his fans whats happening?  Why the tour failed?

2 -Dude, its been 10 years since a Guns N' Roses record dude.  Maybe you could say 5 years had it be an "Axl Rose" solo album.  (not that it's GN'R anyways)  But that is what he calls it.  10 years bro, 10 years.

3-yada, 4-yada, 5-yada.

:hihi:Axl still looks like Wacko Jacko, by the way. hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2004, 09:37:25 PM »

What fact do you base this assumption on?

No goofy babble, just facts please.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #267 on: October 17, 2004, 10:16:34 PM »

1- No record
4- A failed tour
5- No original members

Its funny because back in 2002 when ever axl mentioned the old guys at a show or in an interview that was saying something negative about slash, duff or izzy there were threads of over 50 pages of people calling Axl an asshole.? OH but I guess that was not bitching right?

2. It has not been ten years, axl started CD in 1999, so lets all count now children, how many years is that? Its 5? years.
Either way Axl still looks much better than Duff or Weiland. Now those guys are scarey.? And slash is looking a little bloated too.

1-The album is on its way.? So is the apocalypse Don't hold your breath.? Why doesn't uncle Axl come on tv and tell his fans whats happening?? Why the tour failed?

2 -Dude, its been 10 years since a Guns N' Roses record dude.? Maybe you could say 5 years had it be an "Axl Rose" solo album.? (not that it's GN'R anyways)? But that is what he calls it.? 10 years bro, 10 years.

3-yada, 4-yada, 5-yada.

:hihi:Axl still looks like Wacko Jacko, by the way. hihi

Real nice replies, it just shows you cant refute what I said.
Thanks for proving my point.

And Falcon, why else would the VR shows get cancelled? And I can guess what the reason is just like others guessed why CC pulled the plug on Axls 2002 tour.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #268 on: October 17, 2004, 10:42:51 PM »

And Falcon, why else would the VR shows get cancelled? And I can guess what the reason is just like others guessed why CC pulled the plug on Axls 2002 tour.

You stated your assumption as fact, I asked for evidence backing your statement, specifically not the babble above.

Again, facts please.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the VR shows that have been temporarily removed from their itinerary
didn't even have tickets on sale yet, thusly debunking your lack of ticket sales buffoonery.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2004, 10:58:36 PM »

DaveGnr2k - You cant handle the truth.  Answer MY questions!

1-The album is on its way.  So is the apocalypse Don't hold your breath.  Why doesn't uncle Axl come on tv and tell his fans whats happening?  Why the tour failed?

2 -Dude, its been 10 years since a Guns N' Roses record dude.  Maybe you could say 5 years had it be an "Axl Rose" solo album.  (not that it's GN'R anyways)  But that is what he calls it.  10 years bro, 10 years.

Thanks for proving my point Jacko.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2004, 11:03:07 PM »

DaveGnr2k - You cant handle the truth.? Answer MY questions!

1-The album is on its way.? So is the apocalypse Don't hold your breath.? Why doesn't uncle Axl come on tv and tell his fans whats happening?? Why the tour failed?

2 -Dude, its been 10 years since a Guns N' Roses record dude.? Maybe you could say 5 years had it be an "Axl Rose" solo album.? (not that it's GN'R anyways)? But that is what he calls it.? 10 years bro, 10 years.

1. The tour didnt fail since they sold out the bigger markets like ny and boston.? The tour was just not promoted thus the lack fo ticket sales in the smaller markets.? As for why doesnt axl tell us what is going on its simple. Axl wont say anything until he knows the release date. juts look at what the same usual suspects do when dizzy or tommy try and give us info about when CD might come out, they get bashed when the album gets pushed back. Axl has spoken in the past, like when BH was sick and the euro tour got nixed the first time, certain people called him a liar. So why would Axl tell us anything? HE gave us info when RIR got cancelled bc BH left and he got bashed for that too.

2. Again learn to count, Like I said axl has only been working on CD for 5 years and its not been 10 years since the last gnr album since the greatest hits came out not too long ago.

You have been owned.? Good day.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 11:06:37 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2004, 11:08:36 PM »

Fine then, 10 years since GNR has released an album with new material (some would argue 13 years given SI was a cover album). Does that solve this whole ownership issue on how long its been since we've seen a new GNR album?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2004, 11:09:36 PM »

DaveGnr2k - You cant handle the truth.? Answer MY questions!

Come on man, if you haven't been listening to Tommy and Dizzy then let me inform you that we at this time have very strong indications that the album is on its way sometime before March. This is by no means rock solid and plans could change again. But for the first time ever, we have had a bandmember actually tell someone what months were/are planned for a release. There is no need to split hairs on a GnR board; the label doesn't tell us much so every discussion is laden with rampant speculation.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2004, 11:10:34 PM »

Fine then, 10 years since GNR has released an album with new material (some would argue 13 years given SI was a cover album). Does that solve this whole ownership issue on how long its been since we've seen a new GNR album?

How many times are you going to change the critera of this album and how long it has taken? You cant say its been 13 years since Axl has been not working on it that long. That is what some of you are trying to claim that its taken axl ten years to put out Cd when that is a misconception.? You can all play with words and try to get all cutsy but the fact is axl has only taken 5 years so far to put out this album which is about as long as trent and maynard work on their albums before being released.

Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2004, 11:11:06 PM »

You call greatest hits an album?  That is hands-down the queerest answer of all time. nervous  Actually, that is such a bad responce, I have no reply for that bullshit.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2004, 11:12:16 PM »

You call greatest hits an album?? That is hands-down the queerest answer of all time. nervous? Actually, that is such a bad responce, I have no reply for that bullshit.

If its not an album then what do you call it? Its called the greatest hits album is it not?

Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2004, 11:15:25 PM »

Its a collection of OLD songs. C'mon man, dont fool yourself.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2004, 11:18:32 PM »

Its a collection of OLD songs. C'mon man, dont fool yourself.

Its still an album, so you lose.  You cant claim gnr have not released an album since 93.
Why is it so hard for the axl bashers to admit that its only taken axl 5 years to put out CD?
OH i know why because when  you look at it unbiased it doesnt seem that long than claiming its taking axl ten years to put out an album.

Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: October 17, 2004, 11:22:57 PM »

Whatever dude.  Just whatever.  And CD is NOT out yet.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #279 on: October 17, 2004, 11:25:58 PM »

Whatever dude.? Just whatever.? And CD is NOT out yet.

Its ok to be wrong.  Better luck next time.  And yes its not out yet but so what, its not effecting my life either way.
Its lame some people thread this as if its effect how they live their life. 
The album will come out when its ready, when you and others finally accept that maybe it wont be such a big deal. Because to me RIR III doesnt seem like that long ago, eventho it was 3 years ago.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: