Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95977 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2004, 12:26:05 AM »

yes his playing is better now thn he was during the illusion tour by leaps and bounds it still doesn't diminish the work he did on the records. The bass parts he wrote, the style he incorporated that makes him duff and that makes the gnr sound

you don't seem to understand the concept of songwriting

I think i do just fine, duff wrote great things with axl but once he left gnr, he has not written anything good.

I believe Duff gets writing credit on number 1 debuting Contraband which has subsequently spawned 2 number 1 rock singles thus far, pretty "good" I'd say..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2004, 12:28:05 AM »

yes his playing is better now thn he was during the illusion tour by leaps and bounds it still doesn't diminish the work he did on the records. The bass parts he wrote, the style he incorporated that makes him duff and that makes the gnr sound

you don't seem to understand the concept of songwriting

I think i do just fine, duff wrote great things with axl but once he left gnr, he has not written anything good.

I believe Duff gets writing credit on number 1 debuting Contraband which has subsequently spawned 2 number 1 rock singles thus far, pretty "good" I'd say..

OH so that means that the back street boys and all the girl bands are talented because they sell #1 albums?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2004, 12:29:56 AM »

oh yeah how can we forget that little band duff had after gnr called velvet revolver lol

*waits for dave to accidently praise slash as he puts down duff by saying velvet revolver?is Slash smoking
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 12:31:27 AM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2004, 12:30:37 AM »

you can't seriously be comparing velvet revolver to britney spears
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2004, 12:32:46 AM »

Again you have no clue what a lie is.
Saying someone is as better player than you out of respect is not a lie, its being humble..
But stating something that you know for a fact not to be true, ie slash claiming axl only has a few vocals done for CD or duff claiming axl didnt write any music for gnr is a lie

Do you understand?

Again?  When in fact before was I not clued into the meaning of a lie?  Take your condenscending
tone to PM's, you're out of your league with me in a public forum.

Moving forward, you're arguing semantics based on a theory of yours that's not even based in fact.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2004, 12:32:53 AM »

My point is, album sales dont equal talent.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
estranged.1098
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2004, 12:33:48 AM »

Nope, he just said that being #1 doesn't mean the music is good.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2004, 12:33:55 AM »

right when talking about britney spears or good charlotte. NOT VELVET REVOLVER ok
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2004, 12:34:34 AM »

I will even go so far to say Tommys solo album is better than contraband.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2004, 12:35:48 AM »

great that is your opinion
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2004, 12:37:06 AM »

I will even go so far to say Tommys solo album is better than contraband.

Again, your opinion, goofy as it is, you're entitled to it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

estranged.1098
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2004, 12:37:31 AM »

right when talking about britney spears or good charlotte. NOT VELVET REVOLVER ok

No, when talking about anyone. The charts tell you how the music sells, not how good it is.

Of course, you think VR not only sold well but the music is good. Good for you! I'm sure you'll love it here.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2004, 12:41:37 AM »

going by that logic I can say the shitty garage band down the street is a lot better and has a lot moe talent then gnr ever did because they never made it on the charts
estranged.1098
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2004, 12:44:52 AM »

going by that logic I can say the shitty garage band down the street is a lot better and has a lot moe talent then gnr ever did because they never made it on the charts

Yes, please send me a copy of their album.  Roll Eyes
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2004, 12:52:14 AM »

gnr top the charts right? they must be overrated then
estranged.1098
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2004, 12:58:50 AM »

gnr top the charts right? they must be overrated then

You have a problem with text interpretation...

You can have a good album and be in the top charts.

You can have a bad album and be in the top charts.

You can have a good album and not be in the top charts.

You can have a bad album and not be in the top charts.

The two things (good/bad album and sales numbers) are not necessarily related, we have countless examples showing that.

Got it now? If not, please send me a pm or start another thread to discuss album sales before this one gets locked.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2004, 01:01:19 AM »

Holy shit!  It's cute that a simple, little (albeit, prickish) quote from Duff in some obscure interview could breath so much life into this rapidly dying board.

Anyway, I have always thought that the "Duff" songs were hands-down the worse, least-listenable songs from GNR...Civil War is and always will be my most-hated GNR tune, and it reeks of Mr.McKagen.  I bought Belive In Me (for some reason) when it originally came out, and it was God awful.

However, a statement like this one that Duff has made really, really says alot.  The very first thing I thought of when I read it, well before meticulously reading all of the posts on this thread was this: The idea that Axl never really wrote any GNR songs explains quite well why it's taking him over a decade to come up with an album without those guys.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
estranged.1098
« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2004, 01:06:48 AM »

However, a statement like this one that Duff has made really, really says alot.? The very first thing I thought of when I read it, well before meticulously reading all of the posts on this thread was this: The idea that Axl never really wrote any GNR songs explains quite well why it's taking him over a decade to come up with an album without those guys.

The idea that Axl never really wrote any GNR songs is proved wrong many times in this thread.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2004, 01:09:15 AM »

I obvisiously know that. i just think it's funny that people feel the need to criticize VR and irrationally defend Axl no matter what.

of course Axl was guns n' roses and velvet revolver sucks because they don't have Axl Rose. Now if they had Axl rose then it would be alright to refer to them as good because they have a hit record.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 01:13:19 AM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2004, 01:09:38 AM »

Judging by this quote of yours Dave "We all know if Tommy came out and said, that he can play circles around duff and he has to play down to his level that he would have been raped on this board.", you're own interpretation of Tommy's quote referring to Duff was in fact a play of Tommy's to avoid public ridicule on our own HTGH message board, right?

ok

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: