Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95917 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2004, 12:11:01 AM »

I'm not talking about solo albums im talking about how duff plays best and what he contributed to gnr...why is that so hard to understand.

if you are going to go by solo albums then Robert Plant, jimmy page, steven tyler must really suck since they didn't have very successful solo careers
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2004, 12:11:51 AM »

For any of those who dont think Axl can write lyrics now that Slash, Duff and Izzy r gone...just listen to The Blues..It's one of the most amazing songs lyrically ive ever heard...Axl rocks

The song itself is like if estranged and november rain were watered down.. Something semi epic by axl regardless of the song gets everyone's panties in a bunch, it sounds like a second class to both of those songs// I don't dislike the song, but for me it's not a stronger song in comparisons with old, kind of seems like been there done that..

When you're waiting for new material since 91 you expect more then what we were given from those boots, at least I do.. How was he able to put these songs together, but can't get a full album out in years and years, he claimed to be ready to wrap it up, promised new songs for next summer after rio 3 and that was 2001..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2004, 12:12:13 AM »

You know... I like Duff and I respect him as a musician, but the fact of the matter is I haven't spared a moment to think about the guy since Tommy Stinson joined GN'R in '98. Stinson is a MAJOR UPGRADE... and Duff knows it.

Anyway, anyone who has the "Believe In Me" album credited to their discography is about the LAST person to slag on Axl Rose for "music writing". confused

Later Duff. Go score Weiland some smack. beer

no way in hell Stinson is better than Duff. Ask just about any accomplished bass player and he will tell you how vital duff's bass was to the GNR sound

Stinson is much? better than duff. Just take Tommys solo album and put it up? against duffs. Duffs do not even come close.

That's hardly a fact by any stretch of the imagination, just your opinion.?

Stinson stated himself he had to raise his level of bass playing in order to reach Duff's, therefore
an admission of prior inferiority.

If you took a poll and asked whose solo album was better, I bet more people would say tommys. Duffs solo albums were just awful.? "And Tommy may have said that but he was saying it to be respectful because he was replacing him. We all know if Tommy came out and said, that he can play circles around duff and he has to play down to his level that he would have been raped on this board."?

We're not talking about solo albums (and I agree, Duff's solo stuff is horrific) we're talking about bass playing

"And Tommy may have said that but he was saying it to be respectful because he was replacing him. We all know if Tommy came out and said, that he can play circles around duff and he has to play down to his level that he would have been raped on this board." 

That's pure speculation on your part, hardly factual.

Anyway, there's very few bass players that are "difference makers", Flea comes to mind and that's about it.

if we're talking about musical resume's within the framework of a group,, Duff obviously has far greater credentials.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2004, 12:12:51 AM »

I'm not talking about solo albums im talking about how duff plays best and what he contributed to gnr...why is that so hard to understand.

if you are going to go by solo albums then Robert Plant, jimmy page, steven tyler must really suck since they didn't have very successful solo careers

Duff even said he was not a good live player back in the gnr days, so if you want to base it on that fine. Tommy is a better bass player than duff was back in the gnr days. So what do you have to say about that? I am using duffs own words.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2004, 12:13:34 AM »

you actually think Duff believes that? you are blindly insane if you do. you are refusing to think rationally once again just to defend Axl. haven't you ever exagerated something you said before
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2004, 12:15:28 AM »

you actually think Duff believes that? you are blindly insane if you do. you are refusing to think rationally once again just to defend Axl. haven't you ever exagerated something you said before

Well I guess duff tends to lie a lot eh? And I will ask you the same question, do you really think tommy believes what he said about Duff? I dont think so. Duff really needs to make up his mind then and just start telling the truth.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2004, 12:15:38 AM »

haha i didn't even finish my last post and you made another irrational post. once again twisting words around to blindly defend Axl
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2004, 12:17:47 AM »

haha i didn't even finish my last post and you made another irrational post. once again twisting words around to blindly defend Axl

How am i twisting anything when I am just quoting what duff said, and wasnt it you that claimed when I said duff was saying VR is more talented than gnr was, and you and a few others said no, duff was claiming he is a better live player now then he was with gnr.

So which is it? You also really need to make up your mind.  I am mearly stating what you said, that duff believes he is a better player now then when he played in gnr.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »

yes he does because he has no reason to lie. Duff's life is practically ruined after Axl took ripped apart problably the most important thing in duff's life..his band gnr
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2004, 12:18:10 AM »

And I will ask you the same question, do you really think tommy believes what he said about Duff? I dont think so.

Wouldn't Tommy stating something that's supposedly not true in fact make Tommy a liar as well?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2004, 12:19:01 AM »

And I will ask you the same question, do you really think tommy believes what he said about Duff? I dont think so.

Wouldn't Tommy stating something that's supposedly not true in fact make Tommy a liar as well?

No because what tommy is saying is not trying to mislead anyone unlike what duff is saying about axl not writing any music in gnr. Big difference. 

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2004, 12:20:08 AM »

Maybe tommy just respects duff as a player...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2004, 12:20:41 AM »

yes his playing is better now thn he was during the illusion tour by leaps and bounds it still doesn't diminish the work he did on the records. The bass parts he wrote, the style he incorporated that makes him duff and that makes the gnr sound

you don't seem to understand the concept of songwriting
estranged.1098
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2004, 12:21:32 AM »

There's a lot of blindly defending in this thread for sure, but not for Axl.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2004, 12:21:54 AM »

yep that officially makes tommy a liar rofl
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2004, 12:21:54 AM »

No because what tommy is saying is not trying to mislead anyone ?

So Tommy was trying to mislead the people on this board if your theory is in fact true?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2004, 12:22:31 AM »

yes his playing is better now thn he was during the illusion tour by leaps and bounds it still doesn't diminish the work he did on the records. The bass parts he wrote, the style he incorporated that makes him duff and that makes the gnr sound

you don't seem to understand the concept of songwriting

I think i do just fine, duff wrote great things with axl but once he left gnr, he has not written anything good.
Tommy on the other hand wrote a great solo album, and some good stuff with the replacements.
WE have yet to see what he can write with Axl until the album dropps but thus far the basslines for CD is pretty damn good.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2004, 12:24:11 AM »

no one is defending what Duff said. There's difference between excusing him for blurting something out and defending him endlessly no matter what he says or does.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2004, 12:24:27 AM »

No because what tommy is saying is not trying to mislead anyone ?

So Tommy was trying to mislead the people on this board if your theory is in fact true?

Again you have no clue what a lie is.
Saying someone is as better player than you out of respect is not a lie, its being humble..
But stating something that you know for a fact not to be true, ie slash claiming axl only has a few vocals done for CD or duff claiming axl didnt write any music for gnr is a lie

Do you understand?

Here is a simple analogy.
Duff claiming axl didnt write any music for guns n roses would be like axl coming out and claiming duff didnt write any lyrics for guns n roses. If axl ever came out and said that, i cant imagine what the same people on here that are defending duff would be saying about axl.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 12:26:56 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2004, 12:26:02 AM »

well to me the replacements suck, tommy sucks in comparison to GN'R so there's no way you are going to convince me otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: