Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95824 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2004, 01:32:26 PM »

oh yeah how can we forget about that lol

he is the singer of a tiny little band called Guns N' Roses and one of the best ever at that beer
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2004, 01:34:55 PM »

Hey man, maybe Axl Hose would have a responce if he wasnt locked up inside his personal hell.? Its funny how Axl is 1/5 of GN'R, but everyone wants to defend his musical skills, please gimme a break.? It's not like Duff said that Axl did'nt sing the fucking songs.? He just didn't write the music.

But he did write the music, and even slashs forumal says he did. So how can you explain that?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
journey
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2004, 01:35:15 PM »

I don't think Duff was trying to be insulting by saying that Axl never wrote any of the music. He was just stating a fact. There's lots of musicians who can't write music. John Lennon and Paul McCartney didn't know how to read or write music, they just came up with the melodies and played everything by ear. If Axl hadn't contributed, he wouldn't have been credited on the albums.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2004, 01:37:11 PM »

it is clear gnr wa the sum of it's parts the problem is Axl tried to make GNR too much about himself, but thats human nature, people make mistakes. Certainly can't wish anything cruel upon him.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2004, 01:45:06 PM »

Hey Everyone,

When you promote a new album you do hundreds of interviews.  Duff was bound to say something controversial that would make Axl loyalist go all up in arms sooner or later.  None of us know how the song process exactly went down.  Mabey Axl did help in the music who knows, who cares.

Mabey if Axl ever releases a new album, he might do interviews to promote his album.  I am sure he will say something contraversial too.  For those keeping track, he hasn't released an album since most of you were just getting potty trained.

NOW, back to the VR section, where we had a live televised performance of FTP last night, and I got tickets for my 3rd VR concert in 6 months!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2004, 01:52:19 PM »

I'll be at the Philly show too! it'll be my 5th show beer
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2004, 02:37:20 PM »

I don't know what is more embarrassing, Duff's reckless and ignorant slander or the people in this forum who are inventing ways to prove that it is true. Such statements are only meant to further divide the community which clearly it has done here; embrace the fact that Duff is wrong and move on.

Axl is getting music credit for AFD, Lies, UYI, UYII; legally, Duff's statement is wrong and he could be sued if such misstatements persist. Vocal melodies, music, solos....whatever. If you want to carp and nitpick, try to figure it out. From a legal standpoint though, the statement is erroneous.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 02:39:44 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Death Cube K
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2004, 02:48:40 PM »

Madagascar Duff, take a listen and hear something you'll never be able to write.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2004, 02:50:15 PM »

it's a shame how guns n' roses fans have to be torn apart like this.  Well you don't have to..it is possible to like both sides. but sometimes I wonder if it hurts the gunners knowing that their fanbase is in shambles. And it's all because of the misconceptions due to the lack of an explanation of what really happened. It sucks that they gotta keep a lid on everything because the court says so.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2004, 03:24:39 PM »

You dont have to play guitar to write a? music melody. You can hum, whistle, write it on piano or anything like that.? Music is music, it doesnt have to be written on guitar to be credited as music. Duff and slash over the past year have really made themselves look like asses. With this comment by duff and slashs imfamous remark that axl only has a few vocal tracks done for CD.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 03:28:07 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2004, 03:32:34 PM »

maybe to you they do but I see this as simply good publicity or like someone else said, trying to piss off Axl to further promote Velvet Revolver or it could very easily be the typical interview where the interviewer takes something that is said out of context and uses it as a shocking headline and therefore sells a lot more magazines.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2004, 03:35:19 PM »

how else can you explain why duff was quite for so long and only now that VR is formed he talks about the breakup.

If you look at his interviews pre-VR you see that he always respected Axl and admitted that they all had big egos. Yes, him and Slash too.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2004, 03:35:38 PM »

maybe to you they do but I see this as simply good publicity or like someone else said, trying to piss off Axl to further promote Velvet Revolver or it could very easily be the typical interview where the interviewer takes something that is said out of context and uses it as a shocking headline and therefore sells a lot more magazines.

To me it makes slash and duff look bad because they stil cant get over they left guns n roses.
Just wait til CD drops ,and if CD is huge then slash and duff will be taking more shots at Axl esp if CD is vastly superior to contraband.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2004, 03:40:27 PM »

What difference does any of this make anyway? 6 months from now we will still have no CD, Slash/Duff and the guys will still be doing there thing, and we will all still be sitting on the GNR board bitching at eachother and talking about how the album absolutley has to come out by so and so, because so & so says its almost done. It has been the same pattern for years now, and we all just let ourselves keep falling into it. This time last year we thought it was a slam dunk we'd have CD because of Rio, and that imploded. It is a viscous circle that never ends...and we just continue to let this drama suck us in.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2004, 03:43:31 PM »

Don't be sucked in bro. a lot of people have already given up. I was once hopeful to but I moved on to better things. If it ever comes out great but I no longer am anxiously awaiting it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2004, 03:45:38 PM »

To you it might make them look stupid, but to the average person reading it you have Duff saying Axl never accomplished anything without them, and proof of that to the reader is his inability to release anything in 10 years without them. Meanwhile Slash/Duff have had a #1 album since then. An average reader is going to surmise what they are saying is true. Dedicated Guns fans no better, but to the average fan who only knows what little they see in the headlines, his story seems awfully viable given the pathetic state of guns and the success of VR. Not that that won't all change if an album ever comes out, but as it stands Axl looks like a chump.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2004, 03:47:52 PM »

When I say we get sucked in, I mean the GNR community of fans, not me personally.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2004, 03:55:08 PM »

I think there is a lot of jalousy toward Axl because he is the most brillant member of GN'R. I think Duff is very likely to be jalous of Axl. ("am I wood?"), remember...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2004, 04:07:54 PM »

Axl hasnt moved on either dude, he still ranted about them, still hasnt released anything since the break up, still played old material mostly, I just dont see how he has moved on. So dont say Slash and Duff havent move on while Axl hasnt either. They will never really move on from GNR because it was to strong. They all know it they just wont accept it.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2004, 04:08:09 PM »

I still like the old members even though Duff looks as old as dirt.  Anyway Axl used to write lyrics on pizza boxes, of course he had a part in the song writing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: