Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:55:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95869 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2004, 12:22:42 PM »

Slash wrote the melodies on guitar. with the exception of the ballads Axl simply wrote the lyrics. Sounds really simple to me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2004, 12:26:47 PM »

If Slash wrote the melodies, what did Izzy write?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2004, 12:26:58 PM »

Slash wrote the melodies on guitar. with the exception of the ballads Axl simply wrote the lyrics. Sounds really simple to me

That statement is not true, just read through old interviews they say the opposite, unless you were really there when they wrote the songs, where you?

This is slashs forumal btw for AFD

Welcome to the Jungle -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? Music :? Slash, Rose? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? Lyrics :? Rose? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It's So Easy -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? Music :? McKagan, Arkeen? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? Lyrics :? McKagan, Arkeen? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Nightrain -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? Music :? Stradlin', McKagan, Rose, Slash
? Lyrics :? McKagan, Rose

Out Ta Get Me -

? Music :? Slash, Rose, Stradlin'?
? Lyrics :? Rose, Stradlin'

Mr. Brownstone -

? Music :? Stradlin', Slash
? Lyrics :? Stradlin'

Paradise City -

? Music :? McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin'
? Lyrics :? Rose, McKagan

My Michelle -

? Music :? Rose, Stradlin'
? Lyrics :? Rose

Think About You -

? Music :? Stradlin'
? Lyrics :? Stradlin'

Sweet Child O' Mine -

? Music :? Rose, Slash, Stradlin'

You're Crazy -

? Music : Slash, Stradlin', Rose
? Lyrics : Rose, Stradlin'

Anything Goes -

? Music :? Stradlin', Rose, Webber
? Lyrics :? Stradlin', Rose

Rocket Queen -

? Music :? Rose, Slash, Stradlin'
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 12:51:30 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2004, 12:34:28 PM »

maybe Duff is saying that Axl insisted that his name be included in the credits even if he wrote nothing but the lyrics to a particular song. Knowing Axl its very likely
G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »

So Duff wants publicity for his very very average Velvet Revolver.

So Fine - So Sad.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2004, 12:36:34 PM »

maybe Duff is saying that Axl insisted that his name be included in the credits even if he wrote nothing but the lyrics to a particular song. Knowing Axl its very likely

You cant say that.? That proves that axl wrote music to the songs that duff is not claiming he didnt. For 15 years nothing has ever been said, and now duff is claiming he didnt? Well duff is flat out lying since in the past he was singing a different tune.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 12:38:21 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2004, 12:44:11 PM »

Well, it might be true for the AFD and GNR Lies albums. Because, as we all know, Izzy wrote most of the stuff on there. Nothing on AFD was written by Axl himself.

But.............. Axl did prove to be able to write fantastic songs, like November Rain and Estranged, 2 of GNR's best (songs)ballads. Also there were more tracks on UYI that he wrote alone, maybe not always their best, but still good. But the fact that he did write Estranged makes him UBER credible and is THE reason for DUff to shut up. I think, as much as I love Duff, he should stop talkin' about Axl or GNR. He's a cool guy but they should stop the bullshit. Axl hasn't commented on anything they did, he didn't say how crappy VR is or stuff like that.

let it go. But probably Axl did something really nasty, otherwise this shit wouldn;t be going on
NoNoNO,just read rollingstone review of "apettite for destruction",and you'll see that you aren't right.Axl done the most songs of afd with slash and izzyand duff done paradise city with axl.
Duff is soo sad wuth his interviews"new band are more talented than old"-he said that new singer more talented than Axl(no fuckin way,Axl is one of the best rock singer ever)
and what izzy stradlin said in 80-s"i can't believe,but axl saw this when we started"
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2004, 12:47:02 PM »

You mean his name shouldn't be mentioned if he only wrote the lyrics?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2004, 12:48:31 PM »

I know for a fact that Axl wrote the guitar part for one in a million, so there's Duff's idea blown away already. I'd find it very difficult to believe that Axl could pick up nearly 40% of the royalties for purely writing lyrics, especially when the system was devised by Slash.

I think the reason is the guys in guns n' roses define who they are based on songs like it's so easy, jungle, brownstone, paradise city
not One in a million or Shotgun blues
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2004, 01:01:23 PM »

no one said Scott is more talented then Axl. just check out the Howard Stern interview with Velvet.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2004, 01:04:32 PM »

I know for a fact that Axl wrote the guitar part for one in a million, so there's Duff's idea blown away already. I'd find it very difficult to believe that Axl could pick up nearly 40% of the royalties for purely writing lyrics, especially when the system was devised by Slash.

I think the reason is the guys in guns n' roses define who they are based on songs like it's so easy, jungle, brownstone, paradise city

Well axl helped write the music for WTTJ and PC so there ya go.
Btw gnr is more defined as who they are by scom and nov rain than its so easy, and and brownstone.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2004, 01:05:21 PM »

I just picture the gunners having all ready written the song then Axl taking them and adding as much little insignificant things to the song just so that he can be included in the credits.

Obviously not on every song but on a lot of them. I think that's how Axl's name appears in the AFD credits on virtually every song
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 01:07:08 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2004, 01:08:40 PM »

and sweet child o mine,Novemeber rain, estranged

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2004, 01:09:02 PM »

I just picture the gunners having all ready written the song then Axl taking them and adding as much little insignificant things to the song just so that he can be included in the credits.

Obviously not on every song but on a lot of them. I think that's how Axl's name appears in the AFD credits on virtually every song

I think you'll find that the songwriting process was much more collaborative, at least if the old interviews are to be believed.  For Duff to say this proves that the bottle and the pipe have now, officially, killed too many brain cells.  He can't possibly believe it.  Maybe he was exagerating for effect and the "sarcasm" or exageration was lost in the translation to text...who knows.  But if he was really serious....man.....I almost feel sorry for him.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2004, 01:09:23 PM »

You would think that but like I said its slashs forumal and that is not how it works.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2004, 01:09:30 PM »

alright i gotta admit...fueling arguments is fun hihi

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2004, 01:15:25 PM »

DUFF: If one person brings in a song to this band, it always gets raped by the other four people. It always gets changed around to where its Guns N' Roses.
March 1988, Hit Parader Magazine
so i guess everyone added something to a GnR-song.

Duff und Slash (as said before) just didn't move on. that's why they called their album "Contraband".

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2004, 01:19:26 PM »

Contraband has a different meaning in the USA. The nationality of these Gunners. It means illegal & seized goods like drugs not "against nu-gnr"

I know what Contra means in other countries since I was born in Brazil and speak Portuguese. It means "Against"

So it's understandable that there may be misconceptions about the meaning of the title in different parts of the world lol
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 01:24:05 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
Jagger
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2004, 01:28:41 PM »

Hey man, maybe Axl Hose would have a responce if he wasnt locked up inside his personal hell.  Its funny how Axl is 1/5 of GN'R, but everyone wants to defend his musical skills, please gimme a break.  It's not like Duff said that Axl did'nt sing the fucking songs.  He just didn't write the music.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2004, 01:32:20 PM »

He just didn't write the music.

Yeah....

For example, "November Rain" was written before he had even met Duff and Slash, but I guess Axl didn't write the music to it.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: