Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF : AXL ROSE Never Wrote Any Of The GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC  (Read 95730 times)
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #340 on: October 26, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

Dude... you are mean... Grin
i'm sorry.  hihi

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #341 on: October 26, 2004, 08:25:50 PM »

What happened, did his brain explode now too?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  hihi

*Puts on Flame shields to protect self from Dizzy who go on to mention hair bands even though the post has nothing to do with it*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 08:27:23 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #342 on: July 20, 2005, 01:19:18 PM »

I'm sorry to post very late in this thread but I bumped to it when I was searching for videos.
I have to say that its pretty ridiculus that Duff said that, I mean if Axl didn't create the music then why the blues, madagascar and OMG sounds like Guns N roses?, yeah it's ok that AFD were created by the whole people but I think that at first it's like that or whatever the reason is the point here is that like a band you should bring any opinions. If November Rain sucked then why the hell they seem so happy while played it?? just like reference my fave GNR songs are Breakdown, Locomotive, Estrenged, Double talkin' jive, It's so easy, curiosly most of them written by AXL. so that's what i think of poor old Duff. I hope he has make some thinking about that comentary
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 01:16:29 PM by Mr. Dick Purple » Logged

No man can be my equal
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #343 on: July 20, 2005, 01:37:14 PM »

Purple Dick, you should have read the thread where Duff was misquoted because he never said that.  Again, DUFF NEVER SAID AXL DIDN'T WRITE ANY SONGS.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2005, 02:42:19 PM »

Purple Dick, you should have read the thread where Duff was misquoted because he never said that.? Again, DUFF NEVER SAID AXL DIDN'T WRITE ANY SONGS.

That is just duff back pedaling because he was caught in a LIE. He and slash do that a lot.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #345 on: July 20, 2005, 03:05:48 PM »

Duff has said basically the same thing on two other occasions.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #346 on: July 20, 2005, 04:07:50 PM »

Purple Dick, you should have read the thread where Duff was misquoted because he never said that.? Again, DUFF NEVER SAID AXL DIDN'T WRITE ANY SONGS.

Oh and to clarify, like the topic says, Duff claimed a few times that Axl never wrote any of the MUSIC in guns n roses.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #347 on: July 20, 2005, 05:17:12 PM »

Izzy, Duff and Slash wrote the tracks for many GNR songs. Axl usually worked on ballads, and had final say during the production process.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #348 on: July 20, 2005, 09:08:44 PM »

Izzy, Duff and Slash wrote the tracks for many GNR songs. Axl usually worked on ballads, and had final say during the production process.

That is not true.
Here is who wrote what for AFD.

This is slash?s formula btw for AFD

Welcome to the Jungle -                 

Music :  Slash, Rose                         
  Lyrics :  Rose                                   

It's So Easy -                                   

Music :  McKagan, Arkeen               
  Lyrics :  McKagan, Arkeen               

Nightrain -                                     

Music :  Stradlin', McKagan, Rose, Slash
  Lyrics :  McKagan, Rose

Out Ta Get Me -

Music :  Slash, Rose, Stradlin' 
  Lyrics :  Rose, Stradlin'

Mr. Brownstone -

Music :  Stradlin', Slash
  Lyrics :  Stradlin'

Paradise City -

Music :  McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin'
  Lyrics :  Rose, McKagan

My Michelle -

Music :  Rose, Stradlin'

Think About You -

Music :  Stradlin'
  Lyrics :  Stradlin'

Sweet Child O' Mine -

Music :  Rose, Slash, Stradlin'

You're Crazy -

Music : Slash, Stradlin', Rose
  Lyrics : Rose, Stradlin'

Anything Goes -

Music :  Stradlin', Rose, Webber
  Lyrics :  Stradlin', Rose

Rocket Queen -

Music :  Rose, Slash, Stradlin'

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #349 on: July 21, 2005, 11:01:36 AM »

Wow, good info Dave.  Slash wrote even more then I thought.  Good stuff.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2005, 11:14:37 AM »

Wow, good info Dave.? Slash wrote even more then I thought.? Good stuff.

Yeah but if you look overall Axl wrote more than anyone for AFD. 

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #351 on: July 21, 2005, 11:17:14 AM »

That is not true.
Here is who wrote what for AFD.

This is slash’s formula btw for AFD

Welcome to the Jungle - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 ?Music : ?Slash, Rose ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 ?Lyrics : ?Rose ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It's So Easy - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 ?Music : ?McKagan, Arkeen ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 ?Lyrics : ?McKagan, Arkeen ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Nightrain - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

?Music : ?Stradlin', McKagan, Rose, Slash
 ?Lyrics : ?McKagan, Rose

Out Ta Get Me -

?Music : ?Slash, Rose, Stradlin' ?
 ?Lyrics : ?Rose, Stradlin'

Mr. Brownstone -

?Music : ?Stradlin', Slash
 ?Lyrics : ?Stradlin'

Paradise City -

?Music : ?McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin'
 ?Lyrics : ?Rose, McKagan

My Michelle -

?Music : ?Rose, Stradlin'
 ?Lyrics : ?Rose

Think About You -

?Music : ?Stradlin'
 ?Lyrics : ?Stradlin'

Sweet Child O' Mine -

?Music : ?Rose, Slash, Stradlin'

You're Crazy -

?Music : Slash, Stradlin', Rose
 ?Lyrics : Rose, Stradlin'

Anything Goes -

?Music : ?Stradlin', Rose, Webber
 ?Lyrics : ?Stradlin', Rose

Rocket Queen -

?Music : ?Rose, Slash, Stradlin'

all these shits are biased anyway.
i mean don't forget we're talking about a group of people. and their rationality is limited.
Music: rose, slash, stradlin' can mean anything.
rose might have done nothing at all, but let say he really liked the song, and ttalked with slash and went "come on, i helped ya writing the music ..."

im serious. they were young and on drugs. i think they weren't that strict on who wrote what. the infamou slash formula can be a load of crap, they were all high and stupid at the time.

we're talking about a group of friends too. it's not like slash will go " no sorry axl, you didnt write any music, you cont get credits for, now shut up "

all this is reeealllly vague and obscure. especially in a alcoholic rock band of the 80s Smiley

peace Smiley

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »

the infamous 'formula' was created for business purposes..    with the division of royalties in mind
friendship not withstanding...  they were talking money - they were not too high to remember about the money!

bottom line is duff has on three occasions in the press attempted to downplay Axl's contribution to Guns N' Roses music
even when he came out with his correction/retraction regarding specifically one of those comments he made a point to give Axl 'credit' for only My World

all those who would be quick to allege all the supposed 'axl ass kissing' that goes on... I think its pretty undeniable that Duff has said a lot of really dumb shit in the press.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #353 on: July 21, 2005, 11:56:44 AM »

Wow, good info Dave.? Slash wrote even more then I thought.? Good stuff.

Yeah but if you look overall Axl wrote more than anyone for AFD.?

that really depends on how much each person wrote for each song.
but maybe they did it like my band, one person starts picking a riff, and then one of the other guys have an idea for the next riff, and then someone else notes that they should change a couple of the chords to this and that chord.
thing is, no one knows how these things worked in GN'R. I don't really think it's that important either, they worked as a group, and that's what a band is all about...well, they did on AFD at least.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #354 on: July 21, 2005, 12:55:46 PM »

This was slashs formual for AFD. So its not biased at all. If its biased toward anything its biased toward slash since he came up with this forumal. There is even interviews from this band where they talk about who wrote what, and it mirrors what this says.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 12:57:37 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #355 on: July 21, 2005, 01:47:56 PM »

AFD is such a guitar heavy record, I dont think Axl was more involved then vocal melodies and lyrics. Axl did a brilliant job with them, but the rest of GNR still wrote the tracks. Also remember that Slash isnt fame or money obsessed and wouldnt care if Axl's included on credits, even if Slash largely writes them. Do you believe Axl told Slash and Izzy how to play guitar on AFD? I dont, besides maybe encouraging a riff.

Remember Slash's agreed formula for AFD- vocal melodies count for much of the writing process. Everyone in the band is ok with this, because Axl was their leader at the time.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #356 on: July 22, 2005, 01:24:14 PM »

Purple Dick, you should have read the thread where Duff was misquoted because he never said that.  Again, DUFF NEVER SAID AXL DIDN'T WRITE ANY SONGS.

Oh and to clarify, like the topic says, Duff claimed a few times that Axl never wrote any of the MUSIC in guns n roses.

Yeah I know but read 18 pages come on give me a break at least I read the first 2 pages, anyway I do think that whatever Duff said, or if he was "misquote" he said something so the rumor started, remember what people say about rumours.  yes

No man can be my equal
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2005, 05:05:41 PM »

I do think that Axl pobably had some input into the music, but not massive amonts. For the people who think it was all All and the rest of the band were just there to play a few riffs to Axl's musical genius - look at the Hollywood Rose demos. They were recoreded 1 or 2 years before Gn'R formed - and for the most part there nothing special. Look at AFD - best album ever. What had changed - the musicians playing and writing with Axl  - and i dont just mean Izzy, casue he was part of Hollywood Rose as well. Slash, Duff and to a lesser degree Steven lit the  sparks of greatness that were in Hollywood Rose but wernt being fully used so to speak.

Riot In Everyone!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2005, 11:38:01 PM »

I do think that Axl pobably had some input into the music, but not massive amonts. For the people who think it was all All and the rest of the band were just there to play a few riffs to Axl's musical genius - look at the Hollywood Rose demos. They were recoreded 1 or 2 years before Gn'R formed - and for the most part there nothing special. Look at AFD - best album ever. What had changed - the musicians playing and writing with Axl? - and i dont just mean Izzy, casue he was part of Hollywood Rose as well. Slash, Duff and to a lesser degree Steven lit the? sparks of greatness that were in Hollywood Rose but wernt being fully used so to speak.

Duff said axl never wrote ANY of the music in guns n roses. We all know its a lie.  You can even throw out the AFD songs and just look at the UYIs. Like estranged, nov rain, breakdown etc etc. Axl wrote the music on those song no? Nov rain started out as just piano, but I guess slash wrote that right?

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #359 on: July 25, 2005, 01:39:33 PM »

I do think that Axl pobably had some input into the music, but not massive amonts. For the people who think it was all All and the rest of the band were just there to play a few riffs to Axl's musical genius - look at the Hollywood Rose demos. They were recoreded 1 or 2 years before Gn'R formed - and for the most part there nothing special. Look at AFD - best album ever. What had changed - the musicians playing and writing with Axl? - and i dont just mean Izzy, casue he was part of Hollywood Rose as well. Slash, Duff and to a lesser degree Steven lit the? sparks of greatness that were in Hollywood Rose but wernt being fully used so to speak.

Duff said axl never wrote ANY of the music in guns n roses. We all know its a lie.? You can even throw out the AFD songs and just look at the UYIs. Like estranged, nov rain, breakdown etc etc. Axl wrote the music on those song no? Nov rain started out as just piano, but I guess slash wrote that right?

I suppose Axl wrote all of the guitar, bass and drum parts to those songs eh? I didnt think so. I never even knew Axl played guitar, bass and drums at that point in time...... And Duff was misquoted - hes already amened what they printed as his words. And before you start jumping on him for backtracking a) the press misprint people all of the time to create contreversy - take Axl for example and b) we all know that certain other members of the band have made statements that wernt 100 percent true.

Riot In Everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: