Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  V.R on Leno Tonight Performing FTP
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: V.R on Leno Tonight Performing FTP  (Read 9762 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 07:14:07 PM »

Weiland was flat out amazing, very strong performance.

i don't think he gets enough credit for how incredible his voice really is.

Agreed.

Like his lyrics or not, the man can flat out sing.  Multiple voices, great range, rarely hits a flat note.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 09:46:55 PM »

Agreed.

Like his lyrics or not, the man can flat out sing.? Multiple voices, great range, rarely hits a flat note.

i also think there is a subtle power to his voice that i don't see a lot in rock n roll where it is tempting to go over the top. i didn't realize until VR how good and solid his voice actually was.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 10:00:30 PM »

just listen to Stp's "Atlanta(live)"
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2004, 03:43:19 AM »

I fucking agree about the fucking amps. I hope they're not that weak at their gigs.

Anyone ever think it was done on a talk show, and from hearing their lives shows and reading a ton of reviews it's obvious their live shows are sounding great..

I didn't say it had anything to do with sounding great or not.. what I mean basically is that every time [VR] has performed on some late show, the amps are just not loud enough, and I anticipate that changing every time. I haven't been able to see them live because they apparently have Floridaphobia.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2004, 04:38:03 AM »

don't worry they're not that great live. all they're shows are the same. i found the lisbon show quite boring at the end. scott can only enternain for about 40 minutes. than it get anoying.

Chinese Democracy!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2004, 04:45:43 AM »

don't worry they're not that great live. all they're shows are the same. i found the lisbon show quite boring at the end. scott can only enternain for about 40 minutes. than it get anoying.

Will everyone please make a point of ignoring this post.  VR are fucking incredible live...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2004, 05:37:32 AM »

they're great for you, and since when is your opinion better than mine? i for one saw the entire show and i know what i'm talking about. the concert wasn't all that much. i'm not the only one sharing this point of view. it's just an opinion. it was good, not amazing. but the best thing was actually seeing slash live and trying to imagine he was with GN'R and not VR. sorry but that's how i felt after the show. and i know many others that didn't think the show was all that much either, or just hated it and left in middle of the set. it's just opinions. not everyone has to like it. so grow up. i didn't like. he might like. for they weren't that great live. end of story ok

Chinese Democracy!
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2004, 07:06:20 AM »

Is it available to watch anywhere?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »

they're great for you, and since when is your opinion better than mine? i for one saw the entire show and i know what i'm talking about. the concert wasn't all that much. i'm not the only one sharing this point of view. it's just an opinion. it was good, not amazing. but the best thing was actually seeing slash live and trying to imagine he was with GN'R and not VR. sorry but that's how i felt after the show. and i know many others that didn't think the show was all that much either, or just hated it and left in middle of the set. it's just opinions. not everyone has to like it. so grow up. i didn't like. he might like. for they weren't that great live. end of story ok

Did the fact you sat there wishing slash was in gnr and axl was singing make you enjoy the show less? I'm yet to read one review where someone hated the show so much they need to leave.

It's not important, but if you see vr you can't sit there being a skeptic wishing it was gnr or axl was fronting the band.. I can get into so many other bands, and enjoy their performances, it amazes me how so many can't..
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2004, 09:09:09 AM »

FTP live on Pro 7 was MUCH better than this...   Wink
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2004, 01:54:01 PM »

Very solid performance..Weiland sounded great

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2004, 09:36:03 PM »

Agreed.

Like his lyrics or not, the man can flat out sing.  Multiple voices, great range, rarely hits a flat note.

dude i love scott weiland but check out the NY ballroom show, he is off key the entire concert. the entire concert pretty much, it is pretty bad, i love scott but rarely hittin a flat note??? ok maybe its sharp instead of flat cause he is rarely dead on point.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2004, 09:55:22 PM »

What is this thing with Slash not bieng loud enough and muffled.

On tv appearances and even on the album; many say slash's sound isn't prominant as it should be.

Does he / they do it on purpose to sound current or what? I'm sorry, but this is slash, and i don't think it's a problem/or wrong for him to tear it up (wheather it seems self-indulgent to some or not)

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2004, 12:13:27 PM »

dude i love scott weiland but check out the NY ballroom show, he is off key the entire concert. the entire concert pretty much, it is pretty bad, i love scott but rarely hittin a flat note??? ok maybe its sharp instead of flat cause he is rarely dead on point.

Since I can only judge on what I've heard/seen, I can't make an objective comment on the NYC show,
never heard it...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2004, 03:43:53 PM »

hey man wait a second there, i as AT the NYC Roseland  Ballroom show and Scott was not off key, he nailed everything down extremely well, especially "Slither". That is the first negative comment ive heard about that show, and i dont understand why.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2004, 04:37:05 PM »

no no i love the show im just sayin scott was off key a bunch and didnt hit the notes, he dropped a lot of the stuff down an octave like on "Do it for the kids" the "runnin like a deer in the headlights" part.

i mean it was a great show, great energy,great chemistry, scott is amazing but just not on point always. that was the point i was making, on point means hittin every note on the cd the entire concert, at this show he drops a lot down an octave or so which is still cool *jon bon jovi does that shit all the time*

trust me, my bashin VR days are over, they are amazing and im a full fledged fanatic now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2004, 07:19:12 PM »

scott was his best at that new york show. I've seen 4 shows so far. He was great in new and philly
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2004, 04:00:36 AM »

Can someone answer this question? I would love to watch VR performing FTP in Leno.  yes

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2004, 04:40:35 AM »

Can someone answer this question? I would love to watch VR performing FTP in Leno.? yes

Go down to October 16
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2004, 06:00:27 AM »

Can someone answer this question? I would love to watch VR performing FTP in Leno.? yes

Go down to October 16
Thanks Booker, good stuff there!  ok

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: