Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver in OZ
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver in OZ  (Read 3277 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« on: October 14, 2004, 08:24:40 AM »

Does anyone know if or when VR are coming to Australia? There were tons of rumours that they were gunna play the big day out festival next year but when they announced the line up for BDO it was nothing like the rumours. The two main band rumoured to play was AC/DC and Velvet Revolver. So can someone tell me "Whats doing"

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 09:32:49 PM »

Slash was interviewed on radio,Triple M,melbourne.  he said they would definetely be in Australia early 2005.. thats all I can tell ya bud

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 12:59:55 AM »

Duff & Slash have both been quoted saying they want to tour Oz in 2005, and Duff stated he wanted VR to play at Big Day Out.

The final Big Day Out lineup hasnt been confirmed yet, so it could still happen! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 06:25:16 AM »

Slash was interviewed on radio,Triple M,melbourne.? he said they would definetely be in Australia early 2005.. thats all I can tell ya bud

I'm from Melbourne and i listen to Triple M alot. When was that interview?

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 10:16:41 PM »

Slash said they were coming early 05 but nothing has been confirmed yet.
slashedguns
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 12:40:24 AM »

Slash was interviewed on radio,Triple M,melbourne.? he said they would definetely be in Australia early 2005.. thats all I can tell ya bud

I'm from Melbourne and i listen to Triple M alot. When was that interview?

The interview was last friday the 8th of OCt and around 11pm on triple ms import/export show

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 10:08:45 PM »

I was watching that 50 minutes show on Channel V last night and they showed an interview with Slash & Duff and parts of it was from the making of Slither video, but other parts looked like they were being interviewed by an Aussie.

I didn't see the whole thing so I dont know if they mentioned anything about them touring here, but did anyone else see it?

slashedguns
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 10:38:15 PM »

I was watching that 50 minutes show on Channel V last night and they showed an interview with Slash & Duff and parts of it was from the making of Slither video, but other parts looked like they were being interviewed by an Aussie.

I didn't see the whole thing so I dont know if they mentioned anything about them touring here, but did anyone else see it?
I didnt see it no. But i dont want them to play big day out, i dont want to wait thru 50 shit bands to see VR,but i would if i have to. I hope they play festival hall in Melb,thats a good size venue,not too big,not too small ok

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 12:30:17 AM »

I didnt see it no. But i dont want them to play big day out, i dont want to wait thru 50 shit bands to see VR,but i would if i have to. I hope they play festival hall in Melb,thats a good size venue,not too big,not too small ok

50 shit bands??? Broaden your horizons a little and you'll see there are allot of other good rock bands out there. Next years Big Day Out line-up looks great - Powderfinger, Grinspoon, System Of A Down, John Butler Trio, The Donnas to name a few.

Besides, even if VR did play BDO, I'm sure they'd also play their own solo shows as well while they're here.

badapple81
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 01:59:24 AM »

50 shit bands??? Broaden your horizons a little and you'll see there are allot of other good rock bands out there. Next years Big Day Out line-up looks great - Powderfinger, Grinspoon, System Of A Down, John Butler Trio, The Donnas to name a few.

Besides, even if VR did play BDO, I'm sure they'd also play their own solo shows as well while they're here.

Powderfinger are brilliant. Grinspoon have some good tracks. Not overly keen on John Butler Trio at all.

But I do agree.. I hope VR play BDO as a bonus. I dont want to have to stand around all day hungry and thirsty in the front D-shape section/mosh pit just to wait to see VR, with my face buried in someones fat shirtless sweaty gut!!! Would rather see them at a VR show and go to BDO not worrying too much about getting a good spot etc.

If VR play, a group of us should all meet up there.
slashedguns
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 09:45:30 PM »

LOL,believe me i have tried to broaden my horizons but i really dont dig many of those bands. I find powderfinger dull but JOhn butler aint too bad. Ill be there if VR play though ok

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 09:57:34 PM »

VR just announced their tour dates for the UK in January, and unless they plan to rush out to Australia straight after those shows, it doesn't look likely that they'll play at Big Day Out.
Oh well, I hope they still make it here in 2005!

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 06:20:01 AM »

VR just announced their tour dates for the UK in January, and unless they plan to rush out to Australia straight after those shows, it doesn't look likely that they'll play at Big Day Out.
Oh well, I hope they still make it here in 2005!

They better get their fuckin asses here. Haven't they already played England? Get the fuck down here guys. Angry

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: