Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson in Europe (edited)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson in Europe (edited)  (Read 41156 times)
Real
Opening Act

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2004, 07:25:42 AM »

Tommy played 1 song on his own and 5 or 6 with ACS.

He also said he loved Ireland and had some of his best times here with The Replacements some years back!!! beer

You wanted the Best?? Well they didnt fucking make it!!!! Oh, wait a minute, here he is!!!
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2004, 08:58:58 AM »

And Im pretty sure Im the only guy to be kissed by a GNR member!!!

That may b, but I think I remember reading on this board at some point that Steven Adler did far more intimate things to guys for heroin back in the day.? ?Grin

Cool of you to post about your experience.? I'm going to see that Les Claypool band on Sunday.? Hopefully I'll get to see Brain and ask him what he knows.

-TyRod-
Jaxl Stanley
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2004, 11:44:16 AM »

hey guys n gals, ive just registered as i finally have something to say, but i have been reading posts on here for about 2 years now, im 20 from england

anyway me n my girl went to see TS last nite in Leeds n got to meet him n have a quick chat, it was just after his set n he was stood next to a guy who was selling his merchandise and Jesse Malin merchandise aswell, i shook his hand n said something lame like 'great show tommy' n he just smiled n said thanx, as i was wearing my TS worn to a nub tshirt, i asked him to sign it, so he did. He asked if i got the shirt online which i said yeh, n i said i always check out his website as he is far the most vocal member of the band. He then said i should buy my g/f of his tshirts aswell as 'she would look cute in one' to which my g/f replied, 'well ok, but only if u sign it for me' in her cute dizzy kind of way, anyway he signed her shirt 'jess! you will look so good in this!'

by this time i had decided to ask the question i was dyin to ask which was, 'how likely is it that GnR will be coming over to england in the near future?' his reply was 'very very likely'? i then said how gutted i was that i missed out on the GnR Leeds 2002 show as i was away at the time, he said 'dude u totally missed out, that show was awesome' very true, it was as i have it on dvd n cd.

anyway that was how we left it, we decided we had taken 2 much of his time n decided to get into a decent position for Jesse Malins show which was pretty good, i hadnt heard of any of his stuff b4 but him n his band were impressive

all in all a successful evening, tommy is such a great guy, really down to earth n friendly n approachable.? all the above is 100% true, i swear on my dads ashes, i have a smelly signed shirt to prove it that i dont have the guts to wash incase the signiture comes off!? Smiley

CAZ
Opening Act

Welcome I

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2004, 11:48:48 AM »

He's a human being and that is only a t-shirt, not GOD so why are you concerned about washing it? What value is another human beings signature aside from signing contracts?

Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2004, 12:02:34 PM »

He's a human being and that is only a t-shirt, not GOD so why are you concerned about washing it? What value is another human beings signature aside from signing contracts?

Maybe it's not worth anything to you, but to others it might remind them of a great night.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2004, 12:03:13 PM »

Hi

I am thinking about going to the Fez Club on Friday night to see Tommy. I don't have his album and I've never heard of Jesse Maulin, so can anyone give me an idea of what to expect for a night out?

Thanks

Andrew

Here today...ready to rock
Real
Opening Act

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2004, 01:13:18 PM »

Andrew you should go to see the show just to see Tommy alone. Its a short set but more than likely he will be hanging in the crowd so bring something for him to autograph. And a camera too.

As for Jessy Malin, its just fairly decent feel good rock tunes. In Dublin he went on some rant about the US elections and saving the planet etc etc and got the crowd to sit on the floor in protest. All that tree hugging crap is a bit much for me but I enjoyed the show anyhow. Everyone to their own I guess!!!

You wanted the Best?? Well they didnt fucking make it!!!! Oh, wait a minute, here he is!!!
Casbah
Opening Act

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2004, 01:52:14 PM »

Jesse did the sitting on the floor stuff in Belfast too.. and apologised for Bush Wink  I kinda liked him.. my brother thought he was bland.. I suppose it just depends on your taste Smiley

It was ?14 to go here Shocked but I think worth it because Tommy was so good, even though he was only on for a short time.. but also because he seems such a pleasant person and mingled with everyone during the night!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2004, 03:45:34 PM »

Saw Tommy in London last night.

Got there as ACS were finishing their set.  Saw Tommy walking around and we went and said hi, I told him I loved the record and that I saw him with GN'R in '02 and it was great.  He said thanks and that it was an amazing show.  Got a picture taken with him and wished him a good show.

The show was really good.
He came out and did two songs acoustically and then did electric stuff with ACS
Setlist:
7 Days A Week (?)*
Someday
Without A View
Not A Moment Too Soon
Bite Your Tongue
Couldn't Wait
Huh*
Motivation

* Not on Village Gorilla Head.

He was really, really good, he sounded exactly like he does on the record, if not better.

Saw him later on and he came over, gave me a weird handshake/hug hybrid and thanked me for buying his shirt.  I invited him for a drink and he said something about already having around 20. Shocked

We sat down at the bar and listened to Jesse (oh jesus christ shut up) Malin.  I have to say, I really didn't enjoy his part of the show, he had a half hour encore as well as butchering 'Hungry Heart' by Bruce Springsteen.  Tommy walked up to the bar and saw me hating it... he promptly took the piss about me looking miserable.

After the show tommy was helping selling his tee shirts, I walked over and said 'Come back and do a solo tour' his reply? 'I'm coming back in february'
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2004, 03:55:23 PM »

After the show tommy was helping selling his tee shirts, I walked over and said 'Come back and do a solo tour' his reply? 'I'm coming back in february'

As a solo artist or as a part of GN'R?  Huh

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2004, 04:05:06 PM »

Who knows? Wink
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2004, 04:16:13 PM »

Who knows? Wink

Maybe Tommy? Or Axl? Or Yoda?  Wink

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2004, 04:50:10 PM »

Cheesy Assuming that same Tommy?s done his recent interviews, I think he can?t go along alone next year.
So, maybe February in London is almost fixed Corblimy!? Shocked or 30sh beers inebriated him too high?

Got a picture taken with him.
Cheesy And of course you?re sharing that?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2004, 05:02:28 PM »

Of course he is, it's in the board gallery.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2004, 08:36:02 PM »

Of course he is, it's in the board gallery.

/jarmo

Well... Tommy looks a bit drunk... Lol...

Lets make him wasted next time, and the ask questions about Chinese Democracy.  Grin

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2004, 09:21:17 PM »

Well... Tommy looks a bit drunk... Lol...

Nah, he just likes AdZ.  Grin

/jarmo

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2004, 11:33:39 AM »

That was when the evening started. Before he'd really been drinking. Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2004, 02:11:38 PM »

AdZ, you look very different there, I mean you?re not a blue guy with straight hair. Lips Sealed
U-turn to the topic,
Tommy seems extremely friendly n merry. I feel envious and a bit sorry for AdZ at the same time.

BTW I like Tommy?s recent looks.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2004, 08:10:46 PM »

Tommy seems extremely friendly n merry. I feel envious and a bit sorry for AdZ at the same time.

I can understand you feeling envious of AdZ because that is really such a fuckin' cool thing to happen to him!!!? Cool

But what's up with the "and a bit sorry for AdZ" part?? Sorry for what?Huh?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2004, 10:13:28 AM »

I can understand you feeling envious of AdZ because that is really such a fuckin' cool thing to happen to him!!!? Cool

But what's up with the "and a bit sorry for AdZ" part?? Sorry for what?Huh?
No shit. I was just envious of Tom?No, nervous I take that back.? 
Me, pull the other one!

I was only pulling a gag referring to the "weird hug".

BTW, I like your recent avatar, much easier on the eye than previous one. hihi Thanx god!?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: