Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:42:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson in Europe (edited)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson in Europe (edited)  (Read 38880 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2004, 12:03:57 PM »

Well, okay, i guess Tommy has arrived John Dee, in the capital of Norway now! And if he has, hes only 100-150 meters from my place  Grin
Me and a friend is getting ready with a coupe of beers and som good music! I havent got Tommys album yet, But i guess, GNR, The Clash and A Perfect Circle will do a good warm up!
 In 2 hours im down street listneing to Tommy, and i hope to get a word or two from him, but i dont have the same pressure since we already got the info he can give! Thanks Jarmo and the others that have posted review. It means alot to us all! So... beer peopele, and if u figure out any intresting questions about Tommy, Tommys future az a solo artis, or GNR... So post now!

peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2004, 12:28:48 PM »

going to see tommy tonight and i can't wait, i really love vgh so this will be fun, btw, who's jesse malin eh he?? Tongue

i hope it is today tho, on tommy's site it says he has the day off, and on jesse's site it says wedensday oct. 12. and of course only the 12th at htgth... the fuckers at the venue won't answer the phone either... happy go lucky i guess...

anyone going to john dee?

Hi erose? your going to Tommys show on John Dee here in Oslo? Im going tonight, and the tour list on Tommys site is wrong, I have talked to the people on John Dee/Rockefeller, and they confirmed it... Tommy also said on a live interview on Sweedish Raido yesterday, taht he was playing in Oslo today.... So,guess ill see u there!? beer

thanks for clearing that up! yeah i'm going, excited as hell! find me and we'll share a fat one before the gig smoking!

and i guess i'll bring tommy a doc for his sore throat  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2004, 12:34:05 PM »

Hi Nytunz

Well, it would seem from Jarmo's interview that there maybe more auditions for a lead guitarist...so I guess it would be great if you could find out whether this might delay the release of the album, what type of guitarist Tommy would like to work alongside, and if Tommy would be surprised if the album was not out by Easter...

Or when they all last practised as a band?

Good luck!!!

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2004, 12:47:31 PM »

Hey, Nytunz, can you see my eyes are all green now? drool

Just off the top of my head, ask him a question about oriental looking guys on his T shirts, if possible.? He seems to like those kinds of T shirts.

Anyway please, mammoth regards to Tommy and have a whale of a time!!! love
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2004, 01:04:15 PM »

Hi Nytunz

Well, it would seem from Jarmo's interview that there maybe more auditions for a lead guitarist...so I guess it would be great if you could find out whether this might delay the release of the album, what type of guitarist Tommy would like to work alongside, and if Tommy would be surprised if the album was not out by Easter...

Or when they all last practised as a band?

Good luck!!!
Hey, Nytunz, can you see my eyes are all green now? drool

Just off the top of my head, ask him a question about oriental looking guys on his T shirts, if possible.? He seems to like those kinds of T shirts.

Anyway please, mammoth regards to Tommy and have a whale of a time!!! love

Yeah, ill see what i can doo... LOL
Since im an A Perfect Circle fan, i wanna ask him About Billy Howerdel, (the main man in A Perfect Circle) and former GNR Guitarteck. And ask him about that little Maynard and Axl Word fight... Since Josh Freese, Tommys friend and former GNR Jammer... im gonna talk out some paralells between them! Its gonnabe great!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2004, 01:11:18 PM »

When are u goin, u gonna be there 8?clock? i know the door open then, but when willTommy start playing?u know! Well see! Ill be there 8oklock SHAROP as a knife"!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2004, 01:25:27 PM »

When are u goin, u gonna be there 8?clock? i know the door open then, but when willTommy start playing?u know! Well see! Ill be there 8oklock SHAROP as a knife"!

i'll try to be there at 8 as well, but knowing me i'll be late he he.. se etter en fyr med langt blondt h?r haha

beer

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »

In Gothenburg they started at around 20:40 (I think). The ticket said 21:00.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2004, 01:30:40 PM »

i'll try to be there at 8 as well, but knowing me i'll be late he he.. se etter en fyr med langt blondt h?r haha

beer

Hehe, ja, jeg har p? ny GNR t-sjorte utenp? en hvit longsleeve! Hehe.. Blir bra dette!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2004, 01:36:58 PM »

well, im heading for the concert now! U know, The VIP`s gotta be there before the door will be opened to the public! Humm!  rofl peace beer hihi Damn, this will be Great! Maybe ill be invited for a new Guitarist in GNR!! Hummm!  smoking  beer  Grin Grin Wink

Bye!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Andy-k
Headliner

« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2004, 01:50:24 PM »

Ask him how long time it is since he talked to Axl last time.

Guns N' Roses
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2004, 06:49:45 PM »

tommy rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the coolest gig i've been to in norway by far!!! this the only time someone has done anything else than the short set, if you know what i'm saying.... tommy joined jesse along with the alien crime sydicate guitarists and they played. "you can't put your arms around a memory" at the end of the gig. really nice, and it came from the top of their head so it was really real and it had alot of emo he he!  ok

btw, if you have a chance to check out jesse, do it! awsome motherfucker and i'm enbarresed by the fackt that i have ignored him, i won't anymore....

am i going to sleep good to night? fuck yeah...!!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2004, 09:36:13 PM »

well, im heading for the concert now! U know, The VIP`s gotta be there before the door will be opened to the public! Humm!? rofl peace beer hihi Damn, this will be Great! Maybe ill be invited for a new Guitarist in GNR!! Hummm!? smoking? beer? Grin Grin Wink

Bye!

Yeah! It was great! Tommy made alot of hints to us GNR fans standing on the front row!! He dident said anything new, but there will be more then 1 albume, 3 album`s at least, so we got alot to look forward to! He also mentiod that he was happy to get Buckethead out og the band!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2004, 06:56:54 AM »

Hoy! I was so drunk yesterday, that dident write the whole review But here it go`s:
I arrived to the concert about 19:45... i noticed that there was more GNR fans then me there! We had to wait outside for 15min. then the doors opened! Me and my friend sat down, bought some beers.. Right about then, Tommy walked in to The Room and........... Fuck it! Im just gonna tell what he toldme!Well, the first time i ran in to him, he was selling his t-shirts.. he signed my tickit and my Tommy t-shirt... After his show! his awsome show! i talked alo to him, i asked about his Tour in february and he said that he wasn not sure yet, coz he had to Talk to The GNR camp first.... CD is right around the corner, if we shall belive him! ok  Tommy and and the Alien Crime dude sang "cant put your heart around a memory" it was fantastic!

i got a really bad hangover! Later  crying

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Death Cube K
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2004, 07:39:10 AM »

Tommy Stinson "review" 12th of Oct, 2004, Oslo.

For starters, the train we took down to Oslo hit a car just 10 mins after it
left the station. Some signal stuff didnt work, and a car got its ass smashed in real good.
I dont't know what happened to the driver or any passangers, but if he was alone, I think
he was alright, although very shook up! We got a taxi to Oslo from there on, on the Norwegian railway
system's bill. Before the concert started I was also lucky enough to find a very good quality
Motley Crue, Girls Girls Girls Vinyl from 1987, with the tattoo sticker still intact!

The Alien Crime Syndicate guy did a few songs before Tommy. Meanwhile, Tommy was going
back and forth from backstage to the merchandise girl and I got the chance to get him to sign
my VGH album booklet and get a picture with him! We never got a chance to ask any questions, but
don't worry, we would later!

Tommy opened with 2 songs I wasnt familiar with, maybe called "7 days a week" or "On top of the world"
or something like that. He commented on my mate's GNR shirt that looked like a Jack Daniels
bottle. He thought it was rather wierd they didnt serve Jack at the bar. He also said he might have been
in Oslo before, but wasnt sure.

He did "Without a view" and "Light of day". He felt that it was a very relaxed
evening, but still very cool. During "Light of day" a couple of guys (including me) sang along to his song and
he commented after the song that "maybe his album wasnt so hard to find afterall". He didnt bring any CD's with him,
coz they were all stolen somewhere.

Then he played "Someday" with more sing along before one of the strings broke and they had to stop the
song and do another one instead with Malin's guitar. One of the songs of his "new old" album.

He finished with "Not a moment too soon". Really cool song live btw.

Ran into a couple of GNR fans from HTGTH from what I could understand and we hung out a bit.

After the show was over he went up to the merchandise stand again and we started talking to him.
We didnt get any "new" information from him, but yet a few interesting bits and pieces.
I asked him if he felt that the European audience were more hungry for live music than in the US, like
Nikki stated this summer. Tommy didnt think so, but he said it was very expensive to go touring in
Europe and had to strip it down to just him and his guitar with the ACS guy on backup.

On the subject of Buckethead: Tommy didnt like the guy at all. He tried to be friends with him, talking
to him and get a bit close to him, but it didnt work. He was a great guitarist, but didnt really
fit in just doing his thing, and the chemistry in the band was a lot better whith Buckethead gone.
He mumbled something about "shitting in his bucket", so no, Buckethead was in Tommy's opinion
not a nice person at all.

Richard Fortus: Tommy's best mate from what he told us. Richard was an fantastic guitarist and a really
good friend. I think he was very happy they had Fortus in the band.

Robin Finck: We asked what Robin was doing these days. I never caught it, but my mate said
Tommy said that Robin had been taking dancing lessons! Tommy said Robin was a great guy, and
the artistic bit in the band. He had been to his website and thought it was really cool.

February tour: As we propably knew, he wanted to do some solo touring in February, but it wasnt a done
deal, coz Axl needed him as well, so it would sort of be on and off with the tour and with GNR.

VMA 2002: He thought it was awesome. Just before they started playing, Axl cracked a joke and kind of
caught everyone a bit off guard when the carpet suddenly started rising and they had to stop laughing and start
playing!

Future with GNR: When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos,
interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour.

Bumblefoot: Never heard of him, but he said he would propably be filled in on that once he gets back.

He also introduced us to Nathalie (if that was her name) the merchandise girl. "Nathalie, this is the guys".
I thought that was pretty cool.

I dont know how long we talked to him, might have been 10-15 minutes or more. When Jesse Malin started
his show, Tommy went back to the hotel to check when their flight was departing.

Pictures of me and Tommy and others will be up at www.gnr.com.ar or at www.gnrsucks.com  as soon as possible!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2004, 01:16:15 PM »

http://home.no.net/mysticy/

U can find pics from Yesterday here! Me and Tommy on the first there!

Thanks To Invisible Nois who did the pictures!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2004, 01:20:21 PM »

cool man, thanks for posting those!  ok great gig i must say again, i really like tommy and the shit he does, awsome that they came all the way to norway!!

beer

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Death Cube K
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2004, 03:02:43 PM »

No problem mate! Thanks for hosting Wink
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2004, 09:04:56 PM »

Best review/interview yet Tor!  ok
Death Cube K