Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:31:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson in Europe (edited)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson in Europe (edited)  (Read 41146 times)
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2004, 04:27:11 AM »

Went to Tommy's gig in Amsterdam yesterday, and it was a very cool show! Tommy seemed to be enjoying the evening very much, he was walking around before and after his performance (45 min.) Before he got up, I got to talk to him a little, asking what he was going to play; he said he tried to put as many songs in 45 minutes as possible. Smiley After Joe Reineke (from Alien Crime Syndicate) played his 3 acoustic songs, Tommy went on, and played a set like described above (full setlist will be put on www.gunsnroses.nl for sure, right kiki? Wink ) Anyway, after his set (he kept looking his watch during it, btw, and mentioned GN'R once -something like, "I'll do a song from my old band Perfect, which didn't get a record deal, so that's why I went to play for GN'R, and that became a nice gig to do."), he went to his merch stand, and talked to some fans there. Got some of my stuff signed (like VGH and the old Perfect album) and our picture taken (by this time he really seemed to be drunk Smiley )

When I gave him my End of Days Soundtrack booklet to sign, I asked him who else were on this track (Oh My God). He said it was Robin, Dave Navarro, and some other guitarists (Gary Sunshine & Paul Tobias?), mainly the same people who are in the now. He then said they hated the mix of it, because the record company needed a song and he (Axl) just gave them this one, although it wasn't finished properly. He didn't think it would be on the album, because the song had ruined 'him' (he was really talking about "him" as in 'Axl')... I asked if he heard some new finished songs, and he said "sure, I'm on the whole album! Smiley But right before we left for this tour, like 6 weeks ago, I heard the songs right before they went to mastering, and 6 of them are really great epic songs! ... If the album wasn't coming soon, I wouldn't have told you this!" So, mainly the same story as he told before, but at least he doesn't change his story! Wink

Anyway, for those people hesitating to go to one of his shows... Don't! just go, it's really nice and entertaining, and Tommy's voice is great live!

Remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2004, 04:42:38 AM »

Thanks for the report.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2004, 08:02:54 AM »

Oh My God ruined Axl? So, why did he played in 4 shows in 2001?  Huh

remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2004, 08:15:32 AM »

Oh My God ruined Axl? So, why did he played in 4 shows in 2001?? Huh

I think he meant the fact that (this 'bad' mix) of Oh My God wasn't a hit and got some bad reviews... Not that they didn't like the song, just this mix was 'bad'. Smiley

Remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2004, 08:18:55 AM »

I think he meant the fact that (this 'bad' mix) of Oh My God wasn't a hit and got some bad reviews... Not that they didn't like the song, just this mix was 'bad'. Smiley

Remco
Yeah, but this is the reason to not release this song on the album. They could put another better mix and release it as a b-side or something, though..

remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2004, 08:23:46 AM »

true, and maybe they will, who knows... but at this point, Tommy didn't think it was going to be released, and then again, wouldn't it be great if they put another (unknown!!) song on the album instead of Oh My God? They can always play it live the way it should be played (so no 'bad' mix-type of song  Smiley )

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2004, 08:27:17 AM »

Remco
Yeah, but this is the reason to not release this song on the album. They could put another better mix and release it as a b-side or something, though..

Sure but they didn't have enough time. That movie was going to be a hit and they had a deadline. Plus Arnold was in it.

So they sent this mix, which wasn't the final, hoping that Geffen would say "fuck it, it's not ready yet". But unfortunately the world needed GN'R and Geffen thought that the time was right. How wrong were they...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2004, 08:59:03 AM »

Remco

Sure but they didn't have enough time. That movie was going to be a hit and they had a deadline. Plus Arnold was in it.

So they sent this mix, which wasn't the final, hoping that Geffen would say "fuck it, it's not ready yet". But unfortunately the world needed GN'R and Geffen thought that the time was right. How wrong were they...
I don't believe it was like that. They could not send anything or just the song without vocals or guitar tracks.
Indeed, the mix looks like some unfinished job. But it also sounds overproduced...
remcognr: I do want another unknown song in the album instead of OMG. I just didn't understand why Tommy said OMG ruined Axl and, even so, they played the song live four times. They could just forget about it, as they did in 2002.

remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2004, 09:53:11 AM »

yeah, they did forget about it, although I can remember hearing Richard saying in an interview he was going to play his new baritom on it when they'll do it live: http://members.lycos.nl/newguns/65.htm
So who knows if they'll play it or not. Tommy used this word "ruined" only, as I said before, to make clear:
the mix wasn't what the band wanted the song to be, AND the not that positive reaction from fans and media was bad for the 'image' of GNR/Axl. It maybe was a little over-the-top of him to use the word "ruined', but hey, the guy was totally drunk! Wink

Anyway, back to the topic, anyone recorded any of Tommy's shows (in Europe)? And I also love to know the title of the unknown (to me) track he played! By the way this was the setlist (thanks to Kiki & www.gunsnroses.nl !!):

"Not a moment to soon"
"Somebody"
"Bite your tongue"
"Hey you"
"Light of day"
"7 Days a week"
"Huh Unknown Title???"
"Friday night is killing me"

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2004, 11:10:56 AM »

yeah, they did forget about it, although I can remember hearing Richard saying in an interview he was going to play his new baritom on it when they'll do it live: http://members.lycos.nl/newguns/65.htm
So who knows if they'll play it or not. Tommy used this word "ruined" only, as I said before, to make clear:
the mix wasn't what the band wanted the song to be, AND the not that positive reaction from fans and media was bad for the 'image' of GNR/Axl. It maybe was a little over-the-top of him to use the word "ruined', but hey, the guy was totally drunk! Wink

Anyway, back to the topic, anyone recorded any of Tommy's shows (in Europe)? And I also love to know the title of the unknown (to me) track he played! By the way this was the setlist (thanks to Kiki & www.gunsnroses.nl !!):

"Not a moment to soon"
"Somebody"
"Bite your tongue"
"Hey you"
"Light of day"
"7 Days a week"
"Huh Unknown Title???"
"Friday night is killing me"

remco

Thanks for the information.  Sounds like a good show.  ok

Ali
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2004, 01:18:51 PM »

I'm gonna see him tomorrow!! I don't have a clue what to ask him so please elaborate with me Wink

Like peeing clouds!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2004, 01:28:54 PM »

I'm gonna see him tomorrow!! I don't have a clue what to ask him so please elaborate with me Wink

Ask him if he knows about GNR making a movie to any of the songs

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2004, 06:49:17 PM »

WE FINALLY DID IT!!!

TOMMY STINSON IN GREECE!!!

14/10/2004 DIZZY ROCK BAR, THESSALONIKI, GREECE
15/10/2004 ON STAGE, ALEXANDROUPOLI, GREECE

13/10/2004 WILL BE ADDED TO THESE DATES, IT WILL PROBABLY BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW.

ALL OF THIS THANKS TO MYSTERON. WE SALUTE YOU...

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2004, 07:54:34 PM »

Just came back from the Paris show, which was really neat.
The show started with two songs by Joe of Alien Crime Syndicate, and then Tommy came on for a semi-accoustic set (Tommy on accoustic, the guy from ACS on electric). The setlist was as follows :
Without a view
Not a moment too soon
Someday
Hey you
Night time (Big Star cover)
Light of day

The funny part was when his cell phone rang right in the middle of the show. It made an interference with the PA and so he had to switch it off. Who knows, maybe Axl was at the other end of the line?  hihi
Before Light of day, he mentioned how the venue looked like a cabaret (it is actually an old cabaret, the oldest venue in Paris), and he played accordingly, wandering around in the room with his guitar while a girl was holding a mic for him.  Grin

Then it was Jesse's turn. He was pretty good too, although what I enjoyed the most was his speeches in between the songs. This guy is definitely hilarious. He also did the "sitting on the floor in protest", though in our case "laying on the floor" would be more appropriate  Grin  Tommy came and joined us and we all sang the chorus to "Helpless" by Neil Young. We'll see soon if the "prayer" was efficient  Grin

During the break I went to see Tommy at the merch stand. I had him sign my ticket and take a picture with me. You can see it here :
http://membres.lycos.fr/gnrcollectibles/me&tommy.JPG

I look all weird and red in this pic, don't know what was happening to me  hihi  Well at least Tommy likes me as much as Adz  Grin
I asked him if he planned to make another solo album in the future, and he replied maybe, but it would be hard for him to find enough free time. Good news I guess  Smiley
He thanked me again for coming as I was leaving. Really cool guy.

Don't hesitate to go to one of his shows, you might not see him play in such intimate venues anymore  Wink

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Garden
Opening Act

Oooooohhhh .......

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2004, 08:01:02 PM »

Very great show  Cool Tommy is really cool  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2004, 08:46:21 PM »

I look all weird and red in this pic, don't know what was happening to me? hihi
?

I think you were blushing.  yes

Well at least Tommy likes me as much as Adz? Grin

AdZ has the advantage of being younger.  hihi

All these reports make me more excited about Sunday's show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2004, 05:01:12 AM »

I look all weird and red in this pic, don't know what was happening to me  hihi

I think you were blushing.  yes

You may be right  Grin  Seriously, I didn't expect him to hug me like that (originally, he even put his cheek against mine). I was trying hard not to laugh and it made me even redder  hihi

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2004, 06:15:03 AM »

WE FINALLY DID IT!!!

TOMMY STINSON IN GREECE!!!

14/10/2004 DIZZY ROCK BAR, THESSALONIKI, GREECE
15/10/2004 ON STAGE, ALEXANDROUPOLI, GREECE

13/10/2004 WILL BE ADDED TO THESE DATES, IT WILL PROBABLY BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW.

ALL OF THIS THANKS TO MYSTERON. WE SALUTE YOU...

That's ok.

Good luck with the shows
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2004, 10:17:05 AM »

I look all weird and red in this pic, don't know what was happening to me? hihi
?

I think you were blushing.? yes

You may be right? Grin? Seriously, I didn't expect him to hug me like that (originally, he even put his cheek against mine). I was trying hard not to laugh and it made me even redder? hihi
Hahahaha, it looks like he was biting your ear ala Tyson!  rofl

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2004, 01:32:42 PM »

Seriously, I didn't expect him to hug me like that

Yeah.. that happened to me too.

He seems to like hugs.

Hippy loving freak.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »