Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:18:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview  (Read 30682 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2004, 03:19:46 PM »

Example is better than precept. Ta! ok
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2004, 03:20:01 PM »

i hope this whole cover band of axls just keeps diging itself a bigger and bigger whole everyday Wink

And I hope you're gonna get the fuck out of here as quickly as possible. If you don't, I'm sure Jarmo will be more than happy to show you the door  ok

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2004, 07:32:20 PM »

Great interveiw Jarmo.  Thank you  Smiley

Tommy was really cool and gave some great in depth answers  ok

Tommy!  love

Grin

Pretty cool how he shared how Axl inspired him to take chances in the album... Village Gorilla Head, that is.
And I like what he had to share with us about CD.

Tommy is awesome.
Can't wait to see him live again.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2004, 08:25:54 PM »

excellant read, thanks so much Jarmo, you did an amazing job with an amazing performer ok

Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2004, 09:58:02 PM »

i hope this whole cover band of axls just keeps diging itself a bigger and bigger whole everyday Wink

And I hope you're gonna get the fuck out of here as quickly as possible. If you don't, I'm sure Jarmo will be more than happy to show you the door? ok

i really enjoyed the childishness in your post more than anything.  thats what made the post for me ok

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
darkdays_01
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2004, 10:44:21 PM »

That was an interesting read. Very good job Jarmo you have some very good journalism skills, maybe Axl will hire you to be the webmaster for the official GnR site if he ever releases the album. yes
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2004, 04:57:36 AM »

i really enjoyed the childishness in your post more than anything.  thats what made the post for me ok

Yeah, sure. To me being childish is coming on a message board just to put down somebody's work and stir up shit, and that's exactly what you're doing.
In case you didn't notice, people who do that usually don't last very long here.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2004, 04:59:25 AM »

Great Interview Jarmo. Good questions asked.

I wasn't too excited with his replies regarding the state of Chinese Democracy and his plans of touring in Jan/Feb if GNR has not released anything by then.

Too bad you didn't get to ask him what kind of relationship the band members have. I would've loved to know if they hang out together every now and then besides when in the studio or meetings concernings CD. See, when Tommy says something along the lines " I have to check in and see what's going on..." it tells me they are not as united I'd want them to be. I don't expect Axl to call him every day to wish him good night, but I wouldn't mind something that could lead us to believe they are trully together.

Anyway Jarmo, I think you have so many fans around here you could even start your own band.  hihi
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2004, 05:14:41 AM »

Great Interview Jarmo! Cheesy

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2004, 06:37:25 AM »

what a pointless article to put up in this forum.

Ok...

You're the first one to say that an article about the current GN'R bassist is pointless, but you can't please everyone. Especially people who can't move on in life.

umm, is there any news about the cd very few of you are actually waiting for?? he didnt say anything new our give any hope as to the album coming out soon.

Because the interview was focused on Tommy, his solo album, his tour and his personal opinions on various things.

But I guess you didn't get that?

you know what was really funny was that? a while back he said that the album is almost done and its going into the final periods of mixing.? now in this interview he has changed his words.? "I heard stuff before I left the States, some of the final mixes, or close to final mixes"? lol.?

No, what's funny is that the topic has really nothing to do with GN'R, yet you had to mention it in a negative way.

Keep it up, and as Pandora said, you'll feel really welcome here.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2004, 07:05:24 AM »

Don't worry Jarmo, he's also been banned from mygnrforum so you wouldn't be the only one that would be "showing him the door". Wink
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2004, 03:37:54 PM »

^^^this is actually the first time ive posted here in a long time.? i dont post on forums anymore.? i just thought the gnr part of the interview was very funny.? what was even funnier was that theres 5 pages about it but the same news thats been said for the past however many years, lol.  i mean, come on, dont you find it a tad bit funny that the same news keeps getting thrown around by him and the others and people on these forums get so excited over it and swear by every statement they make that its finally going to come out.  thats not starting trouble.  see ya.

i guess i should say i dont post on gnr forums anymore.  im on the official megadeth forum and i post every so often.   

PS.  tell madison i love her love

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 03:43:30 PM by Music For Life » Logged

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
estranged.1098
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2004, 05:29:08 PM »

i dont post on forums anymore.?

Thank you for that, and keep it up.  ok
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2004, 06:01:10 PM »

Don't worry Jarmo, he's also been banned from mygnrforum so you wouldn't be the only one that would be "showing him the door". Wink

how did you even know it was me from the mygnr.com forum?

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2004, 06:27:05 PM »

the fans that Buckethead gained through GNR he lost when he left the band. only few GNR listeners want to listen to his music after he's supposed to have done all that terrible things.  there are no indication that the mtv interview and all that stuff incrased his sales. he is bringing out his CDs on independent labels and the tour with c2b3 is a small one. to really promote himself he should have stayed in GNR until ChiDem is released play maybe some concerts and then leave the band. he left it too early to really become big. and all the talk about Sanctuary Records deal seems to be totally wrong.
estranged.1098
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2004, 07:14:25 PM »

the fans that Buckethead gained through GNR he lost when he left the band. only few GNR listeners want to listen to his music after he's supposed to have done all that terrible things.?

Maybe hardcore Gn'R fans, the minority. If BH joined the band for the publicity (which I doubt) he wasn't seeking the readers of HTGTH and other forums.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2004, 12:34:41 AM »

Did anyone else notice how hypocritical Tommy Stinson got while answering the questions about politics.  I mean I know the cool thing is for uneducated entertainers to bash the president who went to Yale and Harvard when theyre overseas, but to start with talking about how he didnt like when singers talked about politics and then follow it up by saying Bush is stupid was moronic.  When GNR were started they weren't liberal French lovers.  Axl never came out and did shows about the crimes in the Iraq war.  Also, im sure Axl would love Kerry cutting Farm subsidies as well as implementing hire estate taxes that really destroy farmers in this country.  Im sure Axl is a big fan of gay marriage (kerry "doesnt support it" but refuses to stop judges in his own state from performing marriages), Affirmative action, and stopping the executions of terrorists.  yes, these truly sound like issues Axl would run to fight for.  If I wanted to hear a musician talk about politics id listen to country, atleast they arent French.

Also, everyone is saying how hopeful this interview is, it clearly isnt.  He has no clue whats going on in GNR, it isnt a band anymore.  How is it VR gets a record out in a year even when the singer is in rehab, its because its a band and everyone was working towards one goal.  GnR is Tommy's side project clearly and his solo career is the main thing.  This interview just shows how manufactured the new GNR are, and whether they are capable of making good music will be shown soon enough, but one thing is for sure, calling GNR a band is like saying Nine Inch Nails is a band.  It is one person with an everchanging cast of characters.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2004, 04:38:57 AM »

but one thing is for sure, calling GNR a band is like saying Nine Inch Nails is a band.? It is one person with an everchanging cast of characters.

didn't even izzy say once, that GnR was truely Axl's project?

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2004, 05:14:17 AM »

Did anyone else notice how hypocritical Tommy Stinson got while answering the questions about politics.? I mean I know the cool thing is for uneducated entertainers to bash the president who went to Yale and Harvard when theyre overseas, but to start with talking about how he didnt like when singers talked about politics and then follow it up by saying Bush is stupid was moronic.? When GNR were started they weren't liberal French lovers.? Axl never came out and did shows about the crimes in the Iraq war.? Also, im sure Axl would love Kerry cutting Farm subsidies as well as implementing hire estate taxes that really destroy farmers in this country.? Im sure Axl is a big fan of gay marriage (kerry "doesnt support it" but refuses to stop judges in his own state from performing marriages), Affirmative action, and stopping the executions of terrorists.? yes, these truly sound like issues Axl would run to fight for.? If I wanted to hear a musician talk about politics id listen to country, atleast they arent French.

? Also, everyone is saying how hopeful this interview is, it clearly isnt.? He has no clue whats going on in GNR, it isnt a band anymore.? How is it VR gets a record out in a year even when the singer is in rehab, its because its a band and everyone was working towards one goal.? GnR is Tommy's side project clearly and his solo career is the main thing.? This interview just shows how manufactured the new GNR are, and whether they are capable of making good music will be shown soon enough, but one thing is for sure, calling GNR a band is like saying Nine Inch Nails is a band.? It is one person with an everchanging cast of characters.

You  assume things about Axl you and me have no idea of ...
Or maybe as Jarmo managed to interview Tommy, you, you managed to interview Axl. That's when he told you that he was against gay mariage, for the war in Iraq and that yes he was a Bush supporter ! oh and I've forgot my favorite line : and that he hates the french and only eats freedom fries !!! Well done  ok Lips Sealed

The force ... the force ...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2004, 06:33:19 AM »

2 questions i wouldve liked asked wouldve been.

1. will buckethead's parts remain on CD

2. have u listened to VR's contraband yet
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 06:36:54 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: