Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:47:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Favorite Horror Movies
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Horror Movies  (Read 10310 times)
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« on: October 10, 2004, 02:32:05 PM »

Since Halloween is coming up and stuff i was just wondering what some of your favorite horror movies are.  I am a huge horror fan, it's probably my favorite genre.  i enjoy the campy B-movies just as much as the "masterpieces" and zombie movies are my overall favorites.  My top ten horrors are:

1:Dawn of the Dead (Original)- Great plot, lots of gore, characters that you actually care about and an awesome soundtrack.  my mom actually took this movie away from me as a little boy cause i used to watch it everyday after school.

2:The Sixth Sense: This movie still creeps me out

3:The Return of the Living Dead: Awesome zombie comedy/horror with sweet special effects

4:28 Days Later: Seemed like a pretty realistic zombie movie and the cinematography was awesome

5:Dead Alive: Zombies galore! Also one of the gofiest/goriest movies ever!

6:The Exorcist: Still scary as hell...just not that fun to watch though.

7:Army of Darkness: not exactly a horror...but a classic

8:Killer Klowns from Outer Space: Probably the cheesiest movie ever.  But it knows its cheesy and loves it.

9:House of 1000 Corpses: This movie is an acquired taste

10:Evil Dead 2: Again, a kickass movie

Honorable mentions: Reanimator, Evil Dead, Nightmare on Elm Street, Creepshow, They Live, Sorority Babes at the Slimeball Bowlerama

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 02:51:21 PM »

Exorcist

Shaun of the dead (not really a horror but kinda)

Dawn of the Dead

Night of the Living Dead

That's a hatrick for Doull
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 03:11:07 PM »

The only horror film i have ever watched and liked is Scream - the rest i just resent wasting those 2 hours to see......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 03:27:17 PM »

Axl_rose_700: Shaun of the Dead is definetely a comedy/horror.  It would have made my list, but I'll see how time treats it.

Izzy:The only horror you've ever liked is Scream!? Roll Eyes  What else have you seen? lemme guess...Jason X, The Bride of Chucky, Dracula 2000 etc...

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 03:49:40 PM »

Izzy:The only horror you've ever liked is Scream!? Roll Eyes? What else have you seen? lemme guess...Jason X, The Bride of Chucky, Dracula 2000 etc...

No need for rolly eyes smiley's - this is a thread about personal opinions remember?

I haven't seen those films u mention but i have seen most of the films on ur list - inc Kilelr Klowns nervous

I don't like any of them - yes, because they scare me Roll Eyes No, because i just don't like 'em - Scream is the sole exception

...well i liked the excorcist - i have rarely laughed so much in my life, that film is a travesty 'your mother sucks cocks in hell!' - classic Undecided

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 05:38:57 PM »

Izzy:The only horror you've ever liked is Scream!? Roll Eyes? What else have you seen? lemme guess...Jason X, The Bride of Chucky, Dracula 2000 etc...

Dude, Jason X ruled!!

I bought it on DVD a little while ago, I fucking love it, one of the much better latter Friday the 13th films.

My favourite favourite horror films include these:

Halloween
The Thing (Both of them)
Prince of Darkness

All of which (Meaning obviously The Thing remake) are John Carpenter classics. If you haven't seen all three of the above then you can barely call yourself a fan of horror films.

I have a lot more favourites...

I'll post again later though (Otherwise how can I spam?).

Edit to say: Haha, yeah, while mentioning Killer Klowns, has anybody seen Clown House? I saw it about six years ago, and at the time I'd never laughed through an unintentionaly funny film that much in my life.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 05:40:49 PM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 05:49:58 PM »

Dude, Jason X ruled!!

I bought it on DVD a little while ago, I fucking love it, one of the much better latter Friday the 13th films.

Dude, no. No.

Night Of The Living Dead is probably my favourite. Pumkinhead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, the Old Frankenstein movies (anything with Peter Cushing) and stuff nor strictly horror: The Ring, Dark Water, Battle Royale,Ichi The Killer.

Shaun of the Dead is definetely a comedy/horror.  It would have made my list, but I'll see how time treats it.

I think it's a movie that'll be played once. I saw the trailers for it, and then watched it, there was little in the movie of interest that wasn't in the trailer. Kinda dissapointed me. I don't think it's got much on ROTLD or Braindead.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 05:57:51 PM »

When I say it ruled...

...I mean in a way that if you've had a few cans and you're sitting around with your mates, and want to watch something that you really don't have to take too seriously at all, and enjoy toungue in cheek humour....Well. Then it ruled.

The first Franksensteins ruled...

...They completly invented everything that people associate with Frankenstein's monster these days (The bolts etc...).

And you're right Battle Royal rules, but not as a horror movie at all.  Tongue Can you imagine watching it on Halloween?

Oh, and I'm going to assume (and hope to God) that, when you say The Ring, you mean the original?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 05:58:20 PM »

Ohhhh baby do I love horror movies. Ok from kj's list.....
dawn of the dead and actually all of the george ramero films are amazing. Fucking love em. lumping them altogether they are number 2 on my list. Only because the evil dead films are my number ones. I don't know why but I find them insanely engrossing. I love the 6th sense and killer klowns makes me laugh my fucking head off. Exorcist and house of a thousand corpses were both good but none of the exorcist sequels I enjoyed at all. I HATED 28 days later. I was so disappointed. I left the theatre like in a funk lol. I just thought it was a waste of a cool premise. I liked the 1st scream but the 2nd two I thought sucked. Shaun of the dead I thought was going to be more of a comedy but it turned out to be a pretty decent zombie movie. OH They Live is one of my favorite movies. Ya gotta take horror movies with a grain of salt and laugh when you don't expect to and they live is filled with that.
What else...the chuckie movies sucked. I like some of the hellraiser series, nightmare on elm street is good, the first 2 halloweens, and I actually thought freddie vs jason was good altho most others hated it. This post looks really random and incoherent right now but I am drunk so I am going to let it slide.

smell yall later

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Chris Misfit
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 06:03:49 PM »

Oh, and I'm going to assume (and hope to God) that, when you say The Ring, you mean the original?

Yeah.I know many people liked it, but it actually scared the utter shit out of me, I couldn't sleep. This was about 4 years ago. Great cinema.
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 09:15:39 PM »

When you say the original Ring, are you talking about Ringu, the Japanese one?....cause i never saw it

I liked The Ring though, thought it was pretty cool.  Scared me pretty good, and thats rare.

What does everyone think of Poltergeist? That movie used to be real scary to me, but i just watched it the other day and it was....pretty bad.  seemed like the plot just jumped right in too fast.

Izzy: sorry for rolling eyes at your opinion....i just hate scream and all the scream clones (know what you did last summer etc)

and for the record, Jason X was the worst movie i've ever seen...i wouldn't even want to watch it with my buds for the cheesiness of it...i find not a single redeeming value in that trainwreck.

journey
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004, 02:19:15 AM »

Night of the Living Dead (the original black and white version)

Blair Witch Project

Pet Cemetery

It

Halloween

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Shining

Christine

Ammityville Horror

American Werewolf in London

Jeepers Creepers

Jurassic Park

Lost Boys

Candyman

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2004, 03:17:25 AM »

i like all of those everyone has listed here are a couple more

CUJO

has anyone besides me ever seen the awesome movie

RAW HEAD REX?HuhHuh
this movie kicked so much ass. anyone else seen it?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2004, 07:41:40 AM »

The Exorcist and Friday the 13 part 3

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Dizzy
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 11:16:14 AM »

Being the huge horror buff that I am, it's hard to pick just a few.

My personal favorite is The Fog, John Carpenter's 1979 film starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Adrienne Barbeau

I also love the entire Friday the 13th series.  Anybody got the new F13 box set yet?  It's got all the uncut gore from Part VII on a separate reel.  That movie was hacked to bits to get an "R" rating in the U.S.  The other movies were cut too, but Part VII is the only one with all the footage included in the boxset.  Some from Parts 1, 4, and 6 is included, though not much.

The original A Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the best horror films ever.  That was back when Freddy was actually scary instead of the comedian he turned into in the later films.

And as for old school, I love pretty much anything with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi.

I've been to several horror conventions and met tons of celebrities from the horror genre, including Linda Blair, Tony Todd (the Candyman himself), Brad Dourif, Linnea Quigley, Jonathan Breck (the Creeper from Jeepers Creepers), the entire cast of the original Night of the Living Dead, and Kane Hodder (Jason in F13 Parts 7-10), among many others.  I also met Alice Cooper at one of those conventions.
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 11:58:16 AM »

Linnea Quigley in Return of the living dead drool drool   She was so hot...you're lucky

Rohlm
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2004, 12:39:11 PM »

I love watching Halloween. Especially in the fall with the leaves changing color, it looks just like the movie.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 01:10:17 PM »

It

Yes!!

While your list features some shocking films that I would never dream classing as horror, you've made up for it by including this!!

It was the first film to ever totally scare the fucking shit out of me. I was about seven the first time I saw it and it was one of the most chilling things I had ever seen.

Okay, so maybe if you watch it when you're older you won't understand so much...

...But it really did terrify me.

While on the Nightmare films, I and III really are the only top quality ones, although the rest are (on the whole) leaning towards reasonable...Sometimes.

One of my favourite Freddy bits is from Dream Warriors, his let's get high bit. Ahh cracks me up every time.

Oh, and about all of the Friday the 13th films kicking ass...

...Surely you don't include Jason goes to Hell in that summary...?

...Do you...?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2004, 03:43:05 PM »

My opinion,the only good horror movies are the ones in witch the idea is meant to scare you,not some crappy special effects and tons of blood all over the walls. The best example that's in my head right now is "The 6th sense"

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2004, 04:17:39 PM »

Madman...

...Invest in some John Carpenter stuff if that's your thing.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: