Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:27:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  should Axl try and get John 5 for lead?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: should Axl try and get John 5 for lead?  (Read 10113 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: October 10, 2004, 01:56:50 PM »

Since BH isnt coming back and now Ron Tahl is not going to be the next lead guitarist, what do you think about axl trying to get John 5. He was awesome with Manson.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 02:21:55 PM »

Dave, how about axl getting his finger out of his bum holio and releasing something,
Makes you wonder why all of axls " hired guns " keep leaving doesnt it?
Maybe if axl actually did something instead of stalling, his members might actually stay?

I think axl is just getting himself off, masterbating over what he used to be when guns was on top, i can see all of you hardcore axl fans still sitting around on the forums in 30 years time to be honest and still going on about how the `holy grail ` ( also known as chinese democracy ) will be released in nov 2034 with the new single released in time for december 25th.

Sad but prob true.

-------and time goes by-------
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 02:23:37 PM »

stay on topic please.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 02:26:36 PM »

Just like you do then , eh dave?

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 02:27:42 PM »

Johnny 5 is great, but I don't see Axl hiring him. Manson got rid of him because he was so messed upon drugs. Thats what I heard anyway.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 02:35:23 PM »

Johnny 5 is great, but I don't see Axl hiring him. Manson got rid of him because he was so messed upon drugs. Thats what I heard anyway.

I have heard that too and I know axl doesnt want anyone in the band that is on drugs, but if John is now clean, i think axl should get him. He is great and might even be as good as Bh

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

Dave, how about axl getting his finger out of his bum holio and releasing something,
Maybe if axl actually did something instead of stalling, his members might actually stay?

I think axl is just getting himself off, masterbating over what he used to be when guns was on top, i can see all of you hardcore axl fans still sitting around on the forums in 30 years time to be honest and still going on about how the `holy grail ` ( also known as chinese democracy ) will be released in nov 2034 with the new single released in time for december 25th.

Sad but prob true.

If you don't like Axl and don't think CD will come out why are you on this board?

That's a hatrick for Doull
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 02:40:15 PM »

Sad but prob true.

If you don't like Axl and don't think CD will come out why are you on this board?

Just ignore his trolling, he is trying to get the post off topic.
Talk about John 5

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 02:45:32 PM »

Im here because i am a guns n roses fan, not just an axl nut swinger, and all in all, the biggest problem with any incarnation of guns has been axl rose, so he needs to get his ass in gear and actually do something productive for a change dont ya think?

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 02:52:19 PM »

I think it says something when nobodys like billy morrison and bumblebee turn down a chance to play with GNR and you have people like navvaro , finck and buckethead leaving and rejoining etc etc ....  Roll Eyes

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 03:04:35 PM »

Something along the lines maybe of what axl said about slash , but he was really talking about himself?

"whenever anything was close to being good hed just say no it doesnt work and can the whole idea "  " axl is a liar " all that kinda stuff?

Maybe thats whats holding gnr back and causing all of these musicians to quit or not want anything to do with axl and gnr?

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 03:15:31 PM »

OK back to john 5 now, OK?? Since he is a legit candidate to fill BHs shoes or bucket

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 03:24:11 PM »

John 5 is a a good player, I love his work with Manson but he's not a "shredder" by any stretch of the imagination, which seems to be the type to fill the void in GNR. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 03:29:02 PM »

Something along the lines maybe of what axl said about slash , but he was really talking about himself?

This is your fourth off-topic post in this thread. Stick to the thread or don't post. Thanks.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 03:33:17 PM »

Guns n' Roses is neither a gothic band nor a metal one. Bring a Rocker. Bring a Rockstar.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2004, 03:37:05 PM »

what's so great about john 5? i could think of so many better than him. he hasn't done anything in MM that was better than ok. i don't see why so many like the guy. does he have a solo project or something that shows him playing really hard stuff? i've MM and i thought it was just boring. and he didn't impress me at all.

Chinese Democracy!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 03:42:32 PM »

I only have his Manson work to go by....but i wasn't blown away by that. At this stage i just want GNR to show some life and certainly wouldn't be too upset if John 5 joined this circus

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2004, 03:48:49 PM »

Not knowing about him well, I may not entitled to voice anything on this topic either, but ?.gothic aside, 2 guys from the Mansion-link?

i could think of so many better than him.
Such as?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2004, 03:52:02 PM »

what's so great about john 5? i could think of so many better than him. he hasn't done anything in MM that was better than ok. i don't see why so many like the guy. does he have a solo project or something that shows him playing really hard stuff? i've MM and i thought it was just boring. and he didn't impress me at all.

Have you heard this solo work? ITs very diverse and great.? I dont think they can get someone like Zakk ( a rocker) to play BHs parts because that is not his style.

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2004, 03:59:08 PM »

John 5 is just as bad a choice for GNR then Wes Borland would have been. These people come from styles of music where the guitar may be very prominent, but prominent in a more rhythmic fashion (even when they are called leadguitarists). In Finck and Fortus they already have players to meet that need. If (!!) a third player is added to the bunch it has to be a true virtuoso to whom playing solos is just as natural as breathing. Like Slash (not my favorite, but undeniably a leadguitarist) or Buckethead?or Thal?.etc?etc, but no glorified rhythm player (who can be excellent in what they do)?really his solowork isn?t on par with Bucket?s or Thal?s?.really not.

-PEACE-

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: