Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 94579 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #320 on: October 06, 2004, 03:17:43 PM »

what's all tha fuss about?
Bucket "The Man" Head will return...
 Cool

NO, never.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2004, 03:31:58 PM »

Cool

NO, never.
Hey Axl, I didn't know you was here in this board!  Roll Eyes
Maybe, there's still a chance to Ron... Maybe the GNR camp change its mind.

estranged.1098
« Reply #322 on: October 06, 2004, 03:37:05 PM »

Cool

NO, never.
Hey Axl, I didn't know you was here in this board!? Roll Eyes

Only someone who missed what Axl, Tommy and Dizzy said about Buckethead or is a very naive person can believe he will ever play with Guns N' Roses again.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #323 on: October 06, 2004, 03:41:40 PM »

I love this guy - he does some crazy shit - he actually spoke about what was actually going on! - GNR need a guy like this!

@#$%Funker
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #324 on: October 06, 2004, 03:55:21 PM »

And they haven?t flatly rejected him yet.

Upon request of GnR management, here's the retraction: "I'm NOT in GnR, I never was, I was being
considered."

That's a "polite" way to say it, though.
So, no session is happening?

As I said earlier, I like his SCOM and I think his writing and his guitar play are really nice. So is his personality. And more, he seems practical. But I don?t like this not ballsy but bally comment.
Nobody can replace the original band and I wouldn't dare try. Velvet Revolver kicks ass too btw. bumbblefoot
It could be easily translated as a statement the new can never surpass or pull even with the old. It?s a real bumble of him. On the condition that this was what he meant, no wonder the GNR camp had second thoughts about asking him to be in the lead guitar. Shame, he?s otherwise good. Or rather goody-goody? JIMO and over analysis.  Undecided
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #325 on: October 06, 2004, 04:40:44 PM »

And they haven?t flatly rejected him yet.

Upon request of GnR management, here's the retraction: "I'm NOT in GnR, I never was, I was being considered."

That's a "polite" way to say it, though.

Isnt that what his first statement was before it got out of hand? He said he is trying out for gnr and was asked to lay down some tracks.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #326 on: October 06, 2004, 04:45:17 PM »

You know we wouldnt have all of this bullshit if Axl or someone would give us some official news. Im getting tired of being kept in the dark and not knowing  when anything is going to happen. Axl has an official website fucking use it. Hey AXL this is 2004 you can communicate with you fans over the interent. It might be a garbage can but it can cover your ass when you an asshole or something happens in the band. (ie: Buckethead, Tour, CD and etc.) I wish we would start and get a little bit of respect of being a fan and get some information from guns.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #327 on: October 06, 2004, 04:51:09 PM »

Isnt that what his first statement was before it got out of hand? He said he is trying out for gnr and was asked to lay down some tracks.

Well, the "was", instead of "am" was a pretty clear indication that it's a done (un)deal. We'll see, I'd really like to see Ron in GN'R, but I don't know, it just doesn't sound good. I mean, do you know any current GN'R member who openly speaks to his fans via a message board on which he posts on a regular basis? He might communicate "too much" for the band/ management's taste.

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #328 on: October 06, 2004, 05:19:27 PM »

You know we wouldnt have all of this bullshit if Axl or someone would give us some official news. Im getting tired of being kept in the dark and not knowing? when anything is going to happen. Axl has an official website fucking use it. Hey AXL this is 2004 you can communicate with you fans over the interent. It might be a garbage can but it can cover your ass when you an asshole or something happens in the band. (ie: Buckethead, Tour, CD and etc.) I wish we would start and get a little bit of respect of being a fan and get some information from guns.
Quite so. The reason rumors like this spread like wildfire in the first place is that fans are desperate for some scrap of news - any scrap of news. So they seize on things that get misreported and blown out of all proportion because there's no fucking word from the GN'R camp to say what they've been doing for the last twelve years. Ron Thal seems like a really nice guy, and he did the only thing he could do when faced with a bunch of people spreading rumours that he was in GN'R - deny it and state the facts of the case. Are you listening there, Uncle Axl? And just for telling the truth, those moronic suits over at GN'R headquarters come down like the fucking Hitler Youth on the poor guy.

Give Ron Thal a chance, Axl - he's a far better man than those dicks that are handling your PR...

SG
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #329 on: October 06, 2004, 07:07:09 PM »

IMO if this guy is the best player axl can get, then he will be the guitarist no matter how much this guy talks. If he gets to  be an offical member I amsure axl will ask him until the album comes out, dont talk about what he going on in gnr.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2004, 09:23:41 PM »

I wish Bucket would get back in the band...he was the most distinctive new element of the latest lineup.  You didn't see people at Madison Square Garden dressed up like Robin Finck...no, they were all wearing KFC buckets on their heads.  Bumblefoot seems alright, but Buckethead was the coolest replacement Axl could have found for Slash.  When a weirdo in a white mask and a KFC bucket who talks through a hand puppet leaves the band...well, I guess we could say Axl is getting a little eccentric then.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2004, 11:59:21 PM »

I wish Bucket would get back in the band...he was the most distinctive new element of the latest lineup.? You didn't see people at Madison Square Garden dressed up like Robin Finck...no, they were all wearing KFC buckets on their heads.? Bumblefoot seems alright, but Buckethead was the coolest replacement Axl could have found for Slash.? When a weirdo in a white mask and a KFC bucket who talks through a hand puppet leaves the band...well, I guess we could say Axl is getting a little eccentric then.

I agree. he was the best new element of GnR.  I was really looking forward to seeing him shine; I believe we only heard a small taste of what he was to offer.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #332 on: October 07, 2004, 07:50:18 AM »

When a weirdo in a white mask and a KFC bucket who talks through a hand puppet leaves the band...well, I guess we could say Axl is getting a little eccentric then.

LOL? !!!? ? ?rofl? hihi? ?Grin
That is a quote I'm going to use sometimes, if it's alright with you Mattman?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 07:53:12 AM by coolman78SLASH » Logged

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #333 on: October 07, 2004, 09:28:46 AM »

Cool

NO, never.
Hey Axl, I didn't know you was here in this board!? Roll Eyes

Only someone who missed what Axl, Tommy and Dizzy said about Buckethead or is a very naive person can believe he will ever play with Guns N' Roses again.

Only someone who missed the Robin departure and rejoin the band can say that. And Axl said some band stuff about it by that time...
I don't have any hope for Bucket's chance, but you never say never.  Wink

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #334 on: October 07, 2004, 10:28:19 AM »

Only someone who missed the Robin departure and rejoin the band can say that. And Axl said some band stuff about it by that time...
I don't have any hope for Bucket's chance, but you never say never. 

Fair point, although Axl (and others) has been more vocally displeased with Buckethead than he ever was with Robin.  However, I find these quotes interesting.

"Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered..." - Axl (MTV, 1999)

"Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further." - Axl (Press Release, 2004)

Undecided
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #335 on: October 07, 2004, 10:39:04 AM »

Do you imply that the album might see the light of the day in...2009? Grin

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #336 on: October 07, 2004, 11:05:59 AM »

Do you imply that the album might see the light of the day in...2009? Grin

We can only hope...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #337 on: October 07, 2004, 11:15:05 AM »

I don't have any hope for Bucket's chance, but you never say never.?

Fair point, although Axl (and others) has been more vocally displeased with Buckethead than he ever was with Robin.? However, I find these quotes interesting.

"Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered..." - Axl (MTV, 1999)

"Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further." - Axl (Press Release, 2004)

Undecided

Ok, now you scared the hell out of me.  nervous
I don't know how many steps further Axl needs to finish this damn album.  no

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #338 on: October 07, 2004, 12:07:53 PM »

Undecided

What! Shocked Finally I understand why many ppl are so bitter here.
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #339 on: October 07, 2004, 01:41:15 PM »

Undecided

What! Shocked Finally I understand why many ppl are so bitter here.

on the one hand it gives hope to the ones who need hope in beliving that BH may return and on the other hand it gives hate to the ones who need hate in beliving that ChiDem will never come out...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: