Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:03:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 94703 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #280 on: October 05, 2004, 02:09:26 PM »

Hopefully whoever is hired is just there for touring reasons, NOT because they need to record.. They have three albums worth of material, who needs to do more recording?
arent you the one who is always complaining about GNr not being a real band?

They aren't, that's obvious.. I said that because who needs somone to come and join the band to record /redo old material because esomeone left.. Also if there's three albums worth of material then what else would be recorded?

This is new gnr to me, gnr ended when all the core members left, these are just no name people axl is bringing along..They've lost a few members before they released their first album hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #281 on: October 05, 2004, 02:30:04 PM »

I will be the first to start this, bring back Tobias promote Fortus to lead. Simply solution. Period. peace

It's not that simple. I think Paul was there to write songs and work in the studio.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2004, 02:36:09 PM »

i was checking bumblefoot's forum! the guy is so fuckin nice! he even apoligized to gn'r fans that took his cover of SCOM the wrong way! we need such a nice guy like him in gn'r!
seriously this guy is heaven sent!

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2004, 02:51:42 PM »

Nobody can replace the original band and I wouldn't dare try. Velvet Revolver kicks ass too btw. bumbblefoot
Although he seems to have a lot on the ball, his balls and attitude of mind toward the band is what I?m a little bit skeptical about.
I mean isn?t this comment a bit too yellow for a candidate to be a core member of GNR? I?m not saying he should've said bollocks like "Fuck Slash, I?m the better" but to bring up the original and state things like this is unnecessary cos it sounds like limiting new band.? Whereas they?re starting the new era it?s a spoiler.
 Undecided
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2004, 02:57:21 PM »

Although he seems to have a lot on the ball, his balls and attitude of mind toward the band is what I?m a little bit skeptical about.
I mean isn?t this comment a bit too yellow for a candidate to be a core member of GNR? I?m not saying he should've said bollocks like "Fuck Slash, I?m the better" but to bring up the original and state things like this is unnecessary cos it sounds like limiting new band.? Whereas they?re starting the new era it?s a spoiler.
 :-

Over analysis anyone?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2004, 03:34:11 PM »

Over analysis anyone?

"Over analysis" - Maybe....but you got to admit, Falcon, this guy does sound like a politican running for office.? hihi

Since this is about "Democracy" (albeit Chinese Democracy), I vote "NO" to Bumblefoot.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2004, 03:38:45 PM »

Next it'll be a guy named stammerface.....
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2004, 04:00:17 PM »

Okay, Thal rocks. Hire him, Axl! Hire him now!

SG
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2004, 04:30:20 PM »

i was checking bumblefoot's forum! the guy is so fuckin nice! he even apoligized to gn'r fans that took his cover of SCOM the wrong way! we need such a nice guy like him in gn'r!

Hopefully he is a good guy, hopefully whoever is missing gets signed quick to accomplish whatever is the next step in this endless wait.. You could have eight band members that are all nice, but if axl just continues to be like this (no info, a recluse, doing things without the band knowing) it doesn't matter how great the rest of the guys are..
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2004, 04:40:38 PM »

we need such a nice guy like him in gn'r!

You could have eight band members that are all nice

Nice Boys Don't Play Rock N' Roll
patvalley
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2004, 05:54:43 PM »

Over analysis anyone?

"Over analysis" - Maybe....but you got to admit, Falcon, this guy does sound like a politican running for office.? hihi

Since this is about "Democracy" (albeit Chinese Democracy), I vote "NO" to Bumblefoot.

As I said earlier in this thread, I've met and played with him before (about a year and a half ago) and he was very nice and outgoing. Cool guy all around. Doesn't seem like he's changed at all.

I really think he would be a great fit for Axl's new GNR. He deserves the spot. I wish Bucket was still in but shit happens.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2004, 06:37:46 PM »

I'm not digging Thal at all. I would rather Finck and Fortus moved up to leads than have corn populating our stage.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2004, 07:20:21 PM »

I'm not digging Thal at all. I would rather Finck and Fortus moved up to leads than have corn populating our stage.

I can't be sure, but some songs just might need three guitarists, and the songs they want to tour with will need an addition to that ..

I'd feel better if I knew the guy was 1) going to be hired, and 2) that if not someone else was also waiting for a call back for the spot.. I don't want it to be like this guy doesn't make it then we heare nothing about this again for a while,.. We need to get the info on what exaclty is going on with the band and what they are trying to accomplish..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2004, 07:26:57 PM »

As I said earlier in this thread, I've met and played with him before (about a year and a half ago) and he was very nice and outgoing. Cool guy all around. Doesn't seem like he's changed at all.

He deserves the spot.

That's cool as hell that you've actually played with the guy and have some insight, thanks.

But..

What on earth has he done in his musical life to "deserve" the gig?

Just asking...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2004, 08:46:42 PM »

he did do a cover of SCOM. Shocked

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
patvalley
« Reply #295 on: October 05, 2004, 11:02:07 PM »

He deserves the spot.

That's cool as hell that you've actually played with the guy and have some insight, thanks.

But..

What on earth has he done in his musical life to "deserve" the gig?

Just asking...

By that, I pretty much meant that I think he's really talented and isn't some stuck up asshole who may try to start shit with Axl or something like that. Obviously Axl had some issues with Buckethead. Ron's playing abilities are just as solid as Buckethead's and he's a class guy who I think deserves some exposure. For example, most of you guys on here hadn't heard of him until this GNR thing came up.

Unfortunately though there will always be extremely talented individuals who never get noticed. Oh well...shit happens.?  Undecided smoking
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #296 on: October 06, 2004, 12:11:25 AM »

By that, I pretty much meant that I think he's really talented and isn't some stuck up asshole who may try to start shit with Axl or something like that. Obviously Axl had some issues with Buckethead. Ron's playing abilities are just as solid as Buckethead's and he's a class guy who I think deserves some exposure. For example, most of you guys on here hadn't heard of him until this GNR thing came up.

Unfortunately though there will always be extremely talented individuals who never get noticed. Oh well...shit happens.?? Undecided smoking

Fair enough. 

He seems like an interesting guy who doesn't take himself too seriously, which I like.  Very cool.

Good luck to him.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2004, 12:28:28 AM »

OCT 5 - hey all. Regarding the GnR thing... here's the deal. I was contacted in late July first by Chris Pitman, then Axl's manager then their recording engineer. I was speaking to the 3 of them adding up to daily emails and phone calls, I was told I might be recording guitar parts in early September. Told the boss at the college I teach at that we might have to get a sub when the semester starts, told him why, all was cool. Didn't go blabbin' about it. Checked in with the camp weekly lettin' know I was ready when they were, no action for 2 months. By this point rumors started and by the end of September I was getting calls and emails congratulating me for joining GnR and for all kinds of twisted related stuff that wasn't true. It seemed like it was getting too widespread and creative, so I posted last week on this page saying "I'm NOT in GnR, we talked, no decisions, etc..." thinking it would clarify everything, no biggie. Wrong. By the next day, a whole lotta websites (without checking with GnR or me) posted the blurb and the whole thing got pretty bloated. 2 weeks ago I got an email where a guy wrote "I heard you jammed with Alex Lifeson - cool!" I never jammed with Alex Lifeson. So I wrote the guy back, told him no, never happened, that was that. Now, if I got 50 people saying that I jammed with Alex Lifeson, I'd put a blurb on my site saying "I didn't jam with Alex Lifeson." It was the same kinda thing. This wasn't a press release, nor was it an official statement from GnR and it shouldn't have been treated like one. My apologies to the GnR folks for any headaches this caused - was trying to squash rumors that I was *in* the band, not create new ones, hope ya see that. GnR fans are a cool passionate bunch. Now for somewhat of a retraction - got an unhappy call from GnR management today, he used the words "audition" and "session guitarist" on me. In the past two months I've only heard the words "replacing Buckethead" from their end, which I mistakenly believed meant replacing Buckethead. I LOVE my life and what I do musically. I LOVE the people in my life more than anything. I would LOVE to team up with GnR, have them in my life and make as much magic as we can. Upon request of GnR management, here's the retraction: "I'm NOT in GnR, I never was, I was being considered." By the way, I'm replacing Paul Stanley in KISS. Just kidding! lol Sorry - couldn't help it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #298 on: October 06, 2004, 12:32:12 AM »

That kind of makes me feel bad for the guy.  Too bad his little statement got so far out of hand. 
estranged.1098
« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2004, 12:34:12 AM »

I was told I might be recording guitar parts in early September

This seems like a nice guy, too bad he won't be joining the band.

That September thing answers the people who thought the date Gn'R is shooting for (currently Feb/2005 it seems) could be delayed again because of him. It could be delayed, but not because of him.? hihi
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: