Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 89252 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2004, 03:12:48 PM »

Bumblefoot was on the MTV show 'Made' before, I remember now. There was this guy who wanted to be the most popular kid in high school, and he played guitar, and for the talent show, they got Bumblefoot to come help him write a song. He was great, and very creative...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2004, 03:19:31 PM »

I really really hope there is a chance they can bring Buckethead back into GNR.? ok

Yeah, but haven?t those comments performed the last rites over our Bucketful of fantasy enough?? Cry

"Buckethead is gone right?" -whatchamacallit
"Yeah." -Dizzy Reed
http://www.glam-metal.com/dizzyreed2.html
"Buckethead is an amazing guitarist" - whatchamacallit
"Too bad he's not an amazing person." -Tommy Stinson
http://www.longislandpress.com/v02/i37040916/music_aside_01.asp
wave
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2004, 03:38:25 PM »

1 OCT - gotta update the Producer section of the site - done so many cool bands over the past year and need to get some clips and info online for ya's - will do that soon   Smiley    Yeah, and ONE MORE TIME time just to make sure *everyone* understands, GnR is considering me on guitar, I'm grateful, we're talking, no decisions have been made, it's up to Mr. Rose of course, I'll let y'all know whatever happens - thanks  Smiley
patvalley
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2004, 04:01:28 PM »

Isn't Bumblefoot the band and Ron Thal the player?

Bumblefoot is the player...kinda like this:
Bumblefoot = Ron Thal
Buckethead = Brian Carroll

Bumblefoot is a 'solo artist' but has his band backing him. However if he joins GNR I'm pretty sure he'll go by Ron Thal.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2004, 04:14:21 PM »

I really really hope there is a chance they can bring Buckethead back into GNR.? ok

Yeah, but haven’t those comments performed the last rites over our Bucketful of fantasy enough?? Cry

"Buckethead is gone right?" -whatchamacallit
"Yeah." -Dizzy Reed
http://www.glam-metal.com/dizzyreed2.html
"Buckethead is an amazing guitarist" - whatchamacallit
"Too bad he's not an amazing person." -Tommy Stinson
http://www.longislandpress.com/v02/i37040916/music_aside_01.asp
wave

I had not read that stinson quote before. Really makes me kinda sad.  no

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2004, 04:48:29 PM »

Its starting to be Pink Floyd David Gilmour sad.

David's Pink Floyd was not sad. GNR's situation is beyond the point of sad.

Ron Thal seems like a really great guy and could be a good addition to the band, however I am afraid his openness with the fans has probably hurt his chance with GNR.  Ron's statements does seem to indicate recording is not done like Tommy has claimed. Adding a new member may just give Axl another excuse to continue recording.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2004, 04:57:55 PM »

Ron's statements does seem to indicate recording is not done like Tommy has claimed. Adding a new member may just give Axl another excuse to continue recording.

LOL , thats all he needs!! Geez , even when he released he statemet about buckethead and rir4 he made a point of saying how this gave them a chance to further the recordings. holy geez.

but what I find so strange is the guitar players they seem to ask to join are so different ... last month it was billy morrison , a guy who claimed he cant play lead guitar .. now they want bumblefoot , a shredder type player?  Huh

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #267 on: October 04, 2004, 07:21:44 PM »

Ron's statements does seem to indicate recording is not done like Tommy has claimed. Adding a new member may just give Axl another excuse to continue recording.

LOL , thats all he needs!! Geez , even when he released he statemet about buckethead and rir4 he made a point of saying how this gave them a chance to further the recordings. holy geez.

but what I find so strange is the guitar players they seem to ask to join are so different ... last month it was billy morrison , a guy who claimed he cant play lead guitar .. now they want bumblefoot , a shredder type player?? Huh

I think that billy guy was full of crap just like Ajax.  I believe Tahl because he like BH is a shredder, they need a person that has the same style of BH to play his parts.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2004, 08:08:47 PM »

If they absolutely need someone to play Buckethead's parts live... fine. This guy seems like he's up to the task. Just fed-ex him the music he needs to learn and directions to the first gig.

I will slit my wrists if this guy gets invited to the studio and we get some dumb ass press release from Axl that thanks to Bumblefoot's "inspiring input", he's decided to "take the recording level to the next level."

In response to someone else's earlier post- the fact that Axl has not met this guy is about the best news in the whole situation. This needs to be a "Gilby Clarke" type hire where they just told him that if he learned the tunes and shut his mouth... he MIGHT get to ride the GN'R gravy train for awhile. No offense to Bumblefoot- but that's the way this HAS to go down. rant Otherwise we're all fucked and will be sitting around talking about CD's release date in 2006.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2004, 08:37:33 PM »

but what I find so strange is the guitar players they seem to ask to join are so different ... last month it was billy morrison , a guy who claimed he cant play lead guitar .. now they want bumblefoot , a shredder type player?? Huh

I think that billy guy was full of crap just like Ajax.? I believe Tahl because he like BH is a shredder, they need a person that has the same style of BH to play his parts.

Billy was absolutely legit.

And for the record he does play lead guitar, just more in a Steve Jones vein.  Also, he was not asked to join, just audition...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2004, 12:04:46 AM »

what an insufferable mess... confused
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2004, 01:47:58 AM »

Like Bumblefoot said.."I haven't spoken with Axl yet."  Looks like he wasn't officially invited to the group by the main source, Axl Rose.  I've said it before and I'll say it again
BRING BACK BUCKETHEAD!!!!
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #272 on: October 05, 2004, 03:39:04 AM »

YEAH, THAT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2004, 08:43:44 AM »

YEAH, THAT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No,NO,No with buckethead gnr haven't chemistry
sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2004, 09:06:22 AM »

of all the clips ive seen and heard of the new band,   the best combo by far was Bucket, Paul Tobias and Fink,
the Rock in Rio 3 video proves that all the way.    Bucket could take it beyond Slash with his solos,  Paul was more
rock solid as rythm guitar than both izzy or fortus (and was far more cute!),   and Robin had the new stage presence that hadn't been there
before,  even if his solos are so-so.   

But...........!!

bucket is long gone and never to be back, it takes no scientist to figure that out, so they still need someone who can play the solos at least as good as Slash,   and Robin is great as the second guitar and Paul was the strongest as rythm player.

i understand Axl's dillema in trying to fill this slot,   you guys seem to pass it off like a schoolyard gesture,  but this is some heavy
shoes to fill and i know that no matter who he eventually chooses,  that they will get the same treatment as bucket got when he
arrived.......... tarred and feathers!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #275 on: October 05, 2004, 09:35:42 AM »

Hopefully whoever is hired is just there for touring reasons, NOT because they need to record.. They have three albums worth of material, who needs to do more recording?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #276 on: October 05, 2004, 09:48:06 AM »

Hopefully whoever is hired is just there for touring reasons, NOT because they need to record.. They have three albums worth of material, who needs to do more recording?
arent you the one who is always complaining about GNr not being a real band?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2004, 12:28:40 PM »

Here's what Ron said about his cover of SCOM, on his board:

About that Most Precious Blood cover of SCOM...

OK, we're in the studio, I'm engineering my old friends doing their cover for a GnR tribute CD. We finish, it sounds great, now they each wanna take turns laying their own lead vocal on the stuff, for fun (*because we all know and love the song*) but everyone's a little shy. So I take the bullet and go first to break the ice and loosen everyone up (as the song is starting you can hear me sayin' "alright, who's gonna break the ice" - that's what that was referring to...) Then everyone else went, all was fine, everyone was happy, the end. I sent a copy of mine to my friend Joboj, for his pleasure. He aired it on None Radio, lol, I started getting requests for it, so I made the MP3 available.

But please know, I meant NO disrespect. But you're right, out-of-context, the song does sound like I'm making fun of *it*, rather than just making fun. I apologize to anyone that this pissed off, and thanks to axlssis & cb for lettin' me know how they felt and givin' me the chance to say sorry to 'em. Always better to be straight with people, good or bad.

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #278 on: October 05, 2004, 01:43:30 PM »

Axl should hire this guy - if not as a guitarist, then at least as a communications officer for the GN'R camp. Seems pretty relaxed and nice AND he seems to have teh need to communicate with the fans - Guns N' Roses could definetly need this sorta input. ok

Restraint is for suckers.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #279 on: October 05, 2004, 02:08:09 PM »

I will be the first to start this, bring back Tobias promote Fortus to lead. Simply solution. Period. peace

Fuck All Y'all
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: