Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 89277 times)
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2004, 03:04:14 PM »

It is getting to the point that I can barely come to this message board anymore because every time I hear news about gnr it makes me sick.  I know we all like to be optamistic and try to believe that cd is coming out someday soon, but everytime it looks like it's going to happen like recently, some bit of news comes out like this whole new guitar player thing, and we all don't want to believe it but deep down inside we all know that this will somehow delay CD longer.  Axl will probably have this new guy rerecord all the lead parts.  And by the time we hear CD or see guns tour again Axl will be 55 years old.  Why can't they just let Robin play lead!!!
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2004, 04:34:07 PM »

Slash will be back by the time of the "3rd" album.

Place your bets now please lol

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2004, 04:39:53 PM »

On checking, I would say Bumblefoot's claims are true. Unfortunately, because this rumour relates to unofficial, non-contractual personnel issues, management are not allowed to comment. I would also say that Bumblefoot should not have said anything, and has probably hurt his chances of being with gnr in the future. We'll wait and see
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2004, 06:28:59 PM »

Unfortunately, BH fucked that up for everybody.

umm, well as I recall the 2002 tour couldn't continue because of something associated with axl who coincidently decides when the album will be turned over to the label. So, putting this all on BH seems a bit sketchy to me.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2004, 07:34:06 PM »

On checking, I would say Bumblefoot's claims are true. Unfortunately, because this rumour relates to unofficial, non-contractual personnel issues, management are not allowed to comment. I would also say that Bumblefoot should not have said anything, and has probably hurt his chances of being with gnr in the future. We'll wait and see

If this guy is THAT good and axl really wants him, I dont think him speaking will matter but if they find someone better, this could be their excuse why they didnt pick up.

Mysteron btw do you feel the new guitarist who ever it will be, will redo BHs parts or is the album pretty much done like diz and tommy have stated

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2004, 11:09:34 PM »

It's really hard to swallow that Buckethead wont be coming back to guns n roses.  confused

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2004, 11:17:20 PM »

It's really hard to swallow that Buckethead wont be coming back to guns n roses.? confused

Like I said before, I dont care if he comes back as long as his parts stay on the album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2004, 11:28:00 PM »

yeah, leave Buckets stuff on the album and have another new guitarist cover his work. That would be about par for the course with GNR anymore.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2004, 11:32:27 PM »

I don't think we can close the door on bucket quite yet. It could very well be possible that Gnr are auditioning players but are keeping the door open for bucket's return.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2004, 12:39:17 AM »

I don't think we can close the door on bucket quite yet. It could very well be possible that Gnr are auditioning players but are keeping the door open for bucket's return.

I think after 6 months of not a peep on a forseeable Buckethead return probably means it isnt in the cards for GnR but that may just be my gut instict. Also though, in the latest interview with Tommy, he seems pretty irritated by Buckethead and Tommy id say is more in Axl's good grace then any of the bandmembers and Axl stated after his departure that Buckethead is unreliable so I think he is gone for good. I really just wish Robin and Richard were given the go ahead by Axl to fulfill Buckethead's contribution to the material being played live or on the album. Robin has stuck this out for 8 years thats the least Axl can do I think. I would have given him a well deserved kick in the ass by now Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2004, 05:32:11 AM »

I think leaving Bucketheads parts on the album is the only sensible option. However, if he'snot returning to the fold, they'll need a guitarist of that nature and ability to complete his parts live and this guy seems to fit the bill. Robin, although loyal and talented, isnt that type of player - he is more of a textural and dynamic guitarist but doesnt have the flashy chops that Buckethead has. I for one, think its a shame he left - not only is he clearly an awesome guitarist, he would have offset Axl in a way - he was clearly set to be the other "star" of the new GNR which is clearly needed  to lend this band a "band" feel - otherwise you'd think CD will resemble a solo project for Axl

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2004, 06:39:57 AM »

It is getting to the point that I can barely come to this message board anymore because every time I hear news about gnr it makes me sick.? I know we all like to be optamistic and try to believe that cd is coming out someday soon, but everytime it looks like it's going to happen like recently, some bit of news comes out like this whole new guitar player thing, and we all don't want to believe it but deep down inside we all know that this will somehow delay CD longer.? Axl will probably have this new guy rerecord all the lead parts.? And by the time we hear CD or see guns tour again Axl will be 55 years old.? Why can't they just let Robin play lead!!!
We knew from back when Buckethead left that there were going to be these delays. It's clearly integral to the new GN'R sound that there be an avant-garde shredder (as well as Robin and Fortus, for all those complaining that Robin should just play all the leads), otherwise Axl wouldn't be looking for another one now. Much has been made of the fact that the new band is a group effort, with all the members contributing, so it makes sense that the new guitarist will re-record Buckethead's parts and change them to his own tastes, just as Fortus re-recorded Huge's parts. Aside from anything else, it'd be disrespectful to the new guy not to do this, and would make him seem like an outsider to the band.

SG
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2004, 06:59:32 AM »

Now I totally understand why slash duff matt and izzy quited the band...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 07:18:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
patvalley
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2004, 08:35:58 AM »

I think leaving Bucketheads parts on the album is the only sensible option. However, if he'snot returning to the fold, they'll need a guitarist of that nature and ability to complete his parts live and this guy seems to fit the bill. Robin, although loyal and talented, isnt that type of player - he is more of a textural and dynamic guitarist but doesnt have the flashy chops that Buckethead has. I for one, think its a shame he left - not only is he clearly an awesome guitarist, he would have offset Axl in a way - he was clearly set to be the other "star" of the new GNR which is clearly needed? to lend this band a "band" feel - otherwise you'd think CD will resemble a solo project for Axl

I think Buckethead's parts should be left on the album as well. However, I think Ron won't have any real problems playing his parts live. He has a somewhat similar style and is very talented. I don't think Robin can pull all of it off but I'm sure Ron could fill Bhead's shoes.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2004, 10:33:17 AM »

this is a never-end story. alright and in 6 month we will hear that finck return to NIN because Axl pissed him off and that there will be a new guitarist and that he will re-record some guitar parts etc...WILL IT EVER STOP? rant
What's wrong with Axl??
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 11:31:19 AM by nesquick » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2004, 10:59:41 AM »

this is a never-end story. alright and in 6 month we will hear that finck return to NIN and that there will be a new guitarist and that he will re-record some guitar parts etc...WILL IT EVER STOP? rant
What's wrong with Axl??

who knows, but according to axl and alot of people in this forum, it is always someone else's fault. At some point, these delays have to be due to Mr. Rose himself.

DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2004, 11:14:51 AM »

This guy is the perfect replacement.   He's an amazing guitar player.  I listened to those MP3's, and there better than any of Bucket's solo bullshit.  I love Bucket, but let's get real:  his solo stuff is unlistenable.

He matches Bucket's skill, looks cool, and he clearly wants the job.

I think he'd be a great replacement for Bucket, and a great member of the band.  If of course, he has stage presence.  If he doesn't have an incredible stage presence, then I say no to him.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2004, 11:24:46 AM »

the question is not to know if ron thal is a good guitarist and if he is better than buckethead. Yes he is. but that's not the main point. The question is to know what's wrong in Axl's head to always find an excuse to delay the record again and again and again and again and again etc... Angry
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 11:30:17 AM by nesquick » Logged

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2004, 12:45:31 PM »

Ok, I don't care about how this guy looks. It's less bizarre than Bucket anyways.
He did sound a lot like Buckethead, but I found this cool piece in his website:

http://www.bumblefoot.com/artist/multimedia/Bumblefoot_-_Delilah_Unplugged_-_DementiaRadio_-_14July2003.mp3

Reminds me a little bit of Hendrix, he's good for me. And, for all the others, I don't see him like a "rap metal" guitarrist.? no
But I don't believe in this guy...? He would say anything about GNR only if they accpet/refused him, not WHILE they are in deal. He wants publicity.? yes

Or, alternatively, he might just be telling the truth. Bloody GN'R fans, always seeing conspiracies everywhere. He might just want to end specualtion among his own fanbase, you know. The world doesn't revolve around GN'R...

SG
estranged.1098
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2004, 12:51:45 PM »

the question is not to know if ron thal is a good guitarist and if he is better than buckethead. Yes he is. but that's not the main point. The question is to know what's wrong in Axl's head to always find an excuse to delay the record again and again and again and again and again etc... Angry

Axl doesn't need excuses as he doesn't owe this album to anyone but himself.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: