Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 89224 times)
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2004, 08:55:55 AM »

Looks like you're trying to say that he's not in the band and never will be.

I took that to mean that people are acting like he's been officially confirmed as the GNR guitarist, and he's just stating that nothing's been signed, that he's still in discussions. Yeah, he may not be confirmed as the guitarist, but he's clearly still in the running.

SG
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2004, 09:21:15 AM »

Bumblefoot is a guy you really can believe. this means that Buckethead is gone ( Undecided) and that they want to replace him with somebody unique too.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2004, 10:19:57 AM »

Why now, the statement of buckethead was said 6 months ago? All the time tommy has said something he never mentioned them looking for a new guitar player, you'd figure that would be something important to mention?

So far they've had a few guitarists work on the albums and not one has been released, I hope the band isn't going to be a revolving rotation of players just to keep the name alive..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2004, 10:33:41 AM »

I'll take this with a grain of salt though, you know what happened last time another guitarist ie, Ajax Garcia was asked to join the band. It wouldn't surprise me if GNR management denied this rumor right away.

Maybe Mysteron has any insight about this?

I don't have time to check it properly at the moment, but I see no reason to disbelieve it

I just hope he hasn't spoiled his chances by speaking about it. That will not go down well with management  hihi
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2004, 11:13:30 AM »

Dont you think that if he was asked to keep quiet, he would, or risk hurting his chances?

Maybe he is trying to force them into making a decision or something, you know?

Behold, the evil that men do...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, if you believe what Thal wrote on his site, he was asked 2 months ago to join. Sounds reasonable, & believable, he sounds like a good guy & a really good player. So the consensus around here seems to be he's not full of shit, & it seems most here believe him.

If that's the case, can someone please explain why his royal highness Axl hasn't even bothered to pick up the freakin telephone to talk to the dude, or invited him over so the 2 can get a feel for each other, jam together, write together, in other words, do what most normal, healthy people do when inviting someone to join a band to see if they click? After all, those are pretty big shoes he's supposedly filling, the Buckethead era will go down as one of the greatest in GnR's glorious history(sarcasm mode off).

It's stupid shit like this which makes me believe it's never gonna happen with Axl & this group, I've felt this way since 2002, & nothing, & I mean NOTHING, has happened in the last 2+ years to make me think otherwise. On the contrary, every bit of news I hear makes me feel that nothing is ever going to happen.

So there you have it. I want someone to rationalize to me why there's no need for Axl to, at the very least, call the guy & introduce himself & say hello.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2004, 11:42:20 AM »

I'm not sure if this is rationlizing anything, but Ron Thal doesn't have to interact with the GNR organization if he doesn't like how Axl does business. But going by the things he's written, he accepts the way things work with Axl/GNR. He wasn't handcuffed and forced to submit to Axl's prima dona ways. It appears to be a choice he's made.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 11:44:45 AM by Johnnyblood » Logged

I've seen enough.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2004, 11:52:33 AM »

excuse me but, if Ron joined GN'R would that mean there will be a re-recording of the guitar parts once AGAIN?? Huh
It will never end!!? rant

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2004, 11:53:18 AM »

My question was why hasn't Axl even felt the need to, at the very, very, very least, talked to the guy. He's inviting someone to join this , ahem, "group", the people he's utilising to make sure his "vision" comes to life, & he knows it's going to work with this guy why, exactly? Because he likes his playing? That's all well and good but there's more to being a group, a band, then throwing together a bunch of good players.

What if Thal accepts, starts going to rehearsals, & Axl then discovers he doesn't like the guy, or, doesn't feel the "chemistry"(there's a word that gets thrown around a lot here).

It just seems stupid, half assed, & poorly thought out, like everything associated with GnR these last few years.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2004, 11:58:51 AM »

We don't really know how it happened. Maybe Axl told management to get in touch with a bunch of guitar players and Ron is the only one who has mentioned it?

Maybe if the audition happens, that's where he'll meet Axl?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2004, 12:07:26 PM »

Jarmo, I'm just going by what he posted on his site. He didn't say he was asked to audition, he said he was asked to join. There's a big diff.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2004, 01:19:23 PM »

My question was why hasn't Axl even felt the need to, at the very, very, very least, talked to the guy.

Axl probably thinks talent is enough. I'm sure he's seen Thal play. (Wasn't he seen in NY recently... I wonder if that was the reason?) And if he liked what he saw enough, he probably went with his gut and made an offer. The offer probably wasn't to become a permanent member, but to move forward with an audition. You probably have to join the organization (thereby agreeing to certain rules) in order to even jam or hear the material.

I remember when I saw the new band in Vegas (the first one), Axl said it was the first time he'd ever sung with that lineup... that gives you some indication of how he does things. Why does he do things that way? As Simon LeBon once said when asked why rock stars always do supermodels, "why does a dog lick his balls?"

As for etiquette of a phone call, that's not a concern for Axl. It's just the way he is. Some accept it, some don't.

I've seen enough.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2004, 01:42:33 PM »

Jarmo, I'm just going by what he posted on his site. He didn't say he was asked to audition, he said he was asked to join. There's a big diff.

Didn't that Ajax claim he was asked to join too?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2004, 01:52:30 PM »

Didn't that Ajax claim he was asked to join too?

/jarmo

Jarmo, the first thing I said was I'm going strictly by what Ron posted on his site, & it seemed most here believed it. If you think it's all bullshit, & it may very well be, that's a totally different thing.

Johnnyblood, you may be right, that's the way Axl does things, because he can. However, I say that's also the reason why nothing ever gets done with Axl, & probably never will.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2004, 02:00:20 PM »

I'm not saying it's bullshit. I was only objecting to the things you said about how Axl didn't seem involved in recruiting the new guitar player.

I don't think we know the whole deal here.

/jarmo

providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2004, 02:21:23 PM »

Just by mentioning Ajax, you imply it's bullshit.
 Around here, doesn't Ajax=Bullshit?
 Just playing devil's advocate here.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2004, 02:21:47 PM »

This whole thing kinda scares me about what Axl's 'vision' of CD and/or GNR really is.? Undecided

I was always under the impression Axl didn't want CD/GNR to be a replica of the AFD GNR, so he brought in BH because Axl thought BH had the talent and persona to help GNR get passed the Slash thing.

Unfortunately, BH fucked that up for everybody.

But I didn't think that Axl ever wanted the "GNR sound" dependant on the 'sound' of the lead guitarist (especially one that ISN'T in the band anymore), and that's what this is all starting to look like to me.? Sad

« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 02:24:19 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mandagnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2004, 02:24:39 PM »

hmm.. he seems to b nice.. he is good lookin' too.. but has axl confirmed it??  let's wait 4 some new from mr rose..  ok

MaNdA...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2004, 02:33:14 PM »

hmm.. he seems to b nice.. he is good lookin' too.. but has axl confirmed it??? let's wait 4 some new from mr rose..? ok

Of course the smart thing to do is hear it from axl .. I still wonder why none of the supporting cast has mentioned it in interviews? If axl speaks about thim you would think he would mention the album too, if he didn't then that would be shitty
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2004, 02:43:12 PM »

Just by mentioning Ajax, you imply it's bullshit.

No I don't and I think what I though when I posted that.

Just because somebody was asked to join doesn't mean he will actually join. That's what I was saying.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: