Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:01:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 89152 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2004, 10:46:21 AM »

Didn't exactly the same thing happen just the other month with the guitarist from the ''Napolean Blownaparts'' - seems more than once person has worked out GNR are a source of cheap advertising

By the way Axl approached me to play guitar too, on an unrelated note my new album is out tommorow Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2004, 12:02:52 PM »

Thal responded to my skepticism with the following interesting tidbit;

<< killingvector wrote: Garcia fabricated the rumor himself to generate publicity. I hope this isn't a repeat of that. >>

Totally understood - I'm pretty damn skeptical about stuff. I kept the emails from them just in case they were ever needed - tellin' me there would be contracts to sign, wanting to have me come record with them in mid-Sept, all that stuff. Checked in today and they didn't seem too happy about my putting a blurb online, but word was already out and I was getting all kinds of emails with twisted info. Had to post the right thing, that I'm *NOT* in the band, they offered me the spot, but it's still just talk, nothing is decided on either end. It was actually Satriani that recommended me to them (thanks Satch)  Sheeit, if I was out for publicity I would have posted 2 months ago 

I'm very happy doing what I do, makin' my own music, producing bands, earning my own way. I only wanna join GnR if I feel a connection to the people in it and think we can do great stuff together - we'll see

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2004, 01:21:43 PM »

the pictures posted here are from 1995.? He looks a little bit chunkier now a days.? I think they should stick with Robin and Richard!? No Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Bumblehead, nor Bucketfoot, please.? peace

No band members with names containing a part of the human anatomy is what your saying? hihi
I heard Megapenis is actually the one joining GnR; this Bumblefoot stuff is BS. It's Megapenis.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2004, 01:27:26 PM »

To bad everything wasn't kept simple, the new band changed a few times and is yet to release something..   It's a shame that one band can't be made and just go to their thing,,Would axl hire someone because chris likes him?

What ever happened to a bunch of guys teaming up and just writing some songs and then kicking ass? Bh has been gone since march, it's now october, write a wait to get a new guitarist..

Shame the band has so much material and so 2 people involved aren't even there anymore..

I guess we'll have to wait and see, wonder when axl will grace his fans with speech
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2004, 03:31:53 PM »

I kind of like this guy - at least he doesn't dick around like Buckethead did (for all that the guy was a phenomenal guitarist, he was a little... unpredictable). This Bumblefoot seems to have his head screwed on straight, and he's willing to talk to the fans like Tommy and Dizzy. I need to hear his guitar playing, but he seems like a pretty good choice as a person...

SG
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I&#039;ve got is precious time

« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2004, 04:25:41 PM »

As long as this guy doesnt delay the album past FEB just sign him.  I hope they keep BHs parts on and just let this guy play on any follow up albums, if they put them out.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
patvalley
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2004, 04:30:33 PM »

Once again, I just want to say...this guy is a really good guitarist. He can definitely fill Buckethead's shoes. I've played with Ron at a guitar workshop/clinic, he can shred like crazy and has solid technique. Saying that, he's more of a Buckethead than a Slash, IMO (if you're looking for a 'lead guitarist' comparison there). So, I'd expect leads similar to Bhead's as opposed to Slash's.

hopefully you get my point.  Tongue
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2004, 04:44:20 PM »

Once again, I just want to say...this guy is a really good guitarist. He can definitely fill Buckethead's shoes. I've played with Ron at a guitar workshop/clinic, he can shred like crazy and has solid technique. Saying that, he's more of a Buckethead than a Slash, IMO (if you're looking for a 'lead guitarist' comparison there). So, I'd expect leads similar to Bhead's as opposed to Slash's.

hopefully you get my point.? Tongue

How did  he play SCOM did it sound good?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2004, 04:47:38 PM »

Thanks for the insight, Pat.  Honestly, I've never heard of him before this, but if you've actually seen the guy play in person, I'll take your word for it.

Ali
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2004, 04:57:32 PM »

How did? he play SCOM did it sound good?

Dave, he only played part of the main solo.  The beginning of it was played on a keyboard or piano.  But, from what I heard, yeah, he tore it up.  Definitely more Buckethead-like than Slash- or Robin-like.

Ali
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2004, 05:06:48 PM »

No I heard the mp3 I am talkig about the guy who said he actually played with Ron.

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2004, 05:18:53 PM »

When does the FBI background check on this guy come in? 
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2004, 06:00:32 PM »

I've got a MP3 on which Ron Thal is playing SCOM (and he actually sings too), thanks to Cookslash. If someone wants me to upload it somewhere, send me a PM. It's 6MB.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2004, 06:41:37 PM »

You mean this POS
http://www.bumblefoot.com/artist/multimedia/MostPreciousBlood-SweetChildOMine-withBfoOt.mp3

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2004, 06:53:57 PM »

Yeah it's the same one. He's obviously having fun with the song, I hope you didn't take it seriously. And I think the guitar is pretty good.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2004, 07:01:07 PM »

Here he is doing a jimi song
\
http://www.bumblefoot.com/artist/multimedia/Bumblefoot_-_featuring_Dennis_Leeflang_on_drums_-_Fire_(Hendrix_cover).mp3

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2004, 07:07:56 PM »

say what you want about him joking around on SCOM but the guy absolutely rips the last solo. If in fact hes a canidate, he looks to be a good fit. HEs got a great sense of humor, image,  hes a great guy and Ive been listenbing to his material the past 2 days, he can flat out play

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2004, 07:37:23 PM »

Guns N' Roses may have found a replacement for departed guitarist Buckethead, who left Axl Rose's band in March. According to a post on the official site of the New York band Bumblefoot (www.bumblefoot.com), their guitarist Ron Thal says he was invited to join GN'R's tumultuous ranks, though he's yet to make a decision. ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1491683/20041001/timberlake_justin.jhtml?headlines=true

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2004, 07:52:49 PM »

hey isnt linkin park rap-metal?

P.S What an ugly guitar!!!

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2004, 07:54:01 PM »

I prefer him to buckethead. definitely.? But isn't Ron thal a specific "metal" guitar player? I hope he will adapt himself to the Rock sound of GN'R because It would be a desaster if GN'R sounded "metal"? nervous
I think he is enought talented to adapt his guitar playing and to sound "Rock n' Roll".
He seems funny and cool.
So welcome Ron? peace

P.S What an ugly guitar!!!
yep, I agree. come back to the Gibson.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 07:55:42 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: