Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 89135 times)
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2004, 09:26:08 PM »

I know nothing of this guy - I found this among many things though - any one a fan?Huh - I never heard of him help me

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2004, 09:26:45 PM »

If he is lying then this is a con not on GnR fans but on his own fans. they all believe him and stand behind him.

I think he may have been contacted and perhaps laid down for guitar parts for axl to hear but as far as being a member of gnr that is very presumptuous. I hope that all of our reactions to him will bear some weight as this search continues.

oh btw, get bucket back. offer more money, more girls, more creepy horror dolls, fire robin if you have to.

Fire Robin  nervous
No way I love robin.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Almost Famous
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2004, 10:00:50 PM »

First thing my wife said when I showed her the picture was 'that guy probably IS Buckethead!'.

Looks like Axl really does want a 'shredder' in the stable. I don't get it, but I also haven't heard the direction of Chinese Democracy beyond the 5 tunes we witnessed on tour. Maybe once we hear the whole album, there will be definitive roles that each member plays. Perhaps there is a grand scheme ya know, like:

1) The cute one
2) The athletic one
3) The 'your best friend's older brother' guy
4) The artistic, pensive dreamer
5) The non-threatening bad-boy

Or not. It could be a mish mash that will look retarded when the band poses for album sleeve photos and sound as awkward as Brooks & Dunn remixed by Gary Neuman.

Either way, I'm willing to give this guy a chance. Hey, I got over the chicken bucket thing, the botox and Chris Pitman's haircuts, why not this?
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2004, 10:37:50 PM »

Well it should be offically soon if this is true. My only guess they are about start up again or need to finshed up some parts but it becoming more clearer that it is up only took Axl to decision.

Tommy in the gang will only lead you in circles .

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
patvalley
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2004, 11:02:05 PM »

I've met him before and actually attended a guitar clinic/workshop with him. (even played Sweet Child o' Mine with him. ironic eh? Cool )

I'll just lay down my opinions.
-He is a really nice, very approachable guy. No ego issues, quite down to earth and cool as hell. Great sense of humor.
-Fuckin' awesome guitarist!! I have no doubt in my mind that he can handle all of the guitar parts. IMO Buckethead is an amazingly talented player...however if there's one guy who's a great fit to replace him, it's Bumblefoot.
-He has a damn cool guitar, where when you depress the tremelo arm (whammy bar) wings come out from the top/bottom of the guitar's body.
-Has really good chops, really good technique, almost a similar style to Buckethead's, just in the sense of some crazy sounds and pretty original style.

So in closing I guess all I can say is...don't worry just because you've probably never heard of him. He's an incredible guitarist who definitely has his shit together.

He is NOT what you would think of as a rap-metal guitarist. I have no idea where that came from. I believe he listens to some hip-hop but...that's like calling Buckethead a techno guitarist. The fact is he fuckin rips on the guitar.  beer Hope this helped some.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2004, 11:17:38 PM »

Just hire me already, Axl. Seriously, people will be like "Slash who? Buckethead who??". And fire the other dudes...I'll play all 3 parts at the same time.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2004, 12:20:08 AM »

I know NOTHING about this guy so I can't really judge him.  All I can say is bring BUCKETHEAD back!!!!
I've seen him with GN'R twice and on his Giant Robot solo tour and this guy fucking rocks as you all already know or should know.  My favorite GN'R guitarist EVER by far, and definately the most talented.
gnrforever666
Headliner

You Could Be Mine!

« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2004, 12:25:05 AM »

I am hoping he uses gibson guitars. this guy uses too many novelty guitars.

GNRForever666
DemocracyRose
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2004, 02:19:26 AM »

It would be nice if someone in GNR/GNR-camp, could clear this thing.

Where is Mysteron when we need him??  Wink
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2004, 04:33:56 AM »

Appartatently Joe Satriani recommended him to GNR!

Here today...ready to rock
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2004, 06:11:35 AM »

Yeah, sure.... Source, please?  Roll Eyes

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2004, 06:42:55 AM »

See the Bumblefoot forum on his website...he's the source!

Here today...ready to rock
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2004, 06:53:24 AM »

I am just about 1 dumb named guitarist from giving up on GNR completely until I am HOLDING Chinese Democracy.   rant

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
patvalley
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2004, 07:23:54 AM »

Well from what I know/remember, he doesn't.

Although he still has a killer tone. no worries here. smoking
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2004, 08:10:13 AM »

If he is lying then this is a con not on GnR fans but on his own fans. they all believe him and stand behind him.

I think he may have been contacted and perhaps laid down for guitar parts for axl to hear but as far as being a member of gnr that is very presumptuous. I hope that all of our reactions to him will bear some weight as this search continues.

oh btw, get bucket back. offer more money, more girls, more creepy horror dolls, fire robin if you have to.
I dont think more anything would get BH back. I think he honestly wanted to be in a band making cd's and touring. And good riddance to him until someone can explain the nunchucks at RIR 3 to me

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2004, 09:11:54 AM »

Gibson, Fender, Gretsch or PRS would all be great, but this cheese guitar is just too much..!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2004, 09:23:18 AM »

I'd be satisfied with Robin and Richard, but this album has taken Axl over 10 years to conceive, so I imagine he'll want lots of different guitar sounds coming through our speakers. Everybody, especially Tommy, says Axl knows what he's doing. I guess I'll take their words for it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 09:27:06 AM by Johnnyblood » Logged

I've seen enough.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2004, 09:38:04 AM »

Who?Huh

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2004, 10:03:28 AM »

Obviously I'm talking about people who are working with Axl on this project, not people on the sidelines who criticize. I know there are plenty of naysayers - including myself at times. But most of those people have nothing to do with the current project. For those who actually have something to do with this album and band, their words for Axl are always positive and often effusively positive. Brian May, Moby, and Tommy come to mind.

I've seen enough.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2004, 10:29:33 AM »

I am not giving this guy the time of day.  I might research him if there is an official announcement, but until then, he is a nobody to me.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: