Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 05:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the other two albums
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the other two albums  (Read 4068 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: October 08, 2004, 01:13:50 PM »

Ok I'm looking at this by the info we've received over the years about there being a total of three albums..

I have a few questions that maybe some could give opinions on or agree etc..

We all know how buckethead's departure is partly responsible for new gnr's lack of a last album, or the reason it's taking so long.. Most agree on that..

My thing is we have heard of 70 songs, two albums worth of material about 4 years ago with eh mtv kurt loder interview..

We seem to know everything about the album which seems to be getting doen last the most..We know tracks from the album, we know the "name cd", we know a number of tracks, etc..

Why don't we ever know about the other two albums?.. Does anyone else find it odd that we know so much about the last album to be done then the first two which are/should be done??

I've never heard a name, a track, or a peep about the other two in any way except the little axl told mtv..

It appears that the cd was supposed to be released earlier? (CD tour, vmas, cd merchandise) everything was building up to it, but when rio 4 came around we knew it wasn't to be, (besides the statement axl mentioned giving in a few months march-oct )

He may have had a plan of an album per year, or one double over two years, etc, but we see those plans were squashed.. Whatever shit happens and you move on...

The million dollar question for me is if you have two albums already done then why not release one album tour and so on while you finish the last one which is chinese d? Does the album they finish last need to be released first? Obviously the original plans are different now, so why not give the fans what you already did? It makes me sometimes wonder if there are two other albums.. Plus when you read dizzy's interviews he mentions how the songs axl is doing are old ones, so we know the songs are done for chinese d, they just needed tweaking..

So alast where the hell are the two other albums we always heard about and why do we never hear a thing about anything but cd now..?

Why is /was an album that isn't even finished being mentioned for release?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 01:44:49 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 02:12:41 PM »

Where did the 3 albums myth come from anyways Huh  I thought that was just axl fans and wishful thinking...are there really 3 albums worth?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 02:17:52 PM »

Where did the 3 albums myth come from anyways Huh? I thought that was just axl fans and wishful thinking...are there really 3 albums worth?

Axl said that.

My opinion is that they never had songs for 3 albums. They surely had ideas, a riff here and a vocal theme there, but no full or half full songs. Band like to say that they are working on dozens of songs at the same time, but it only means that they have ideas that cannot be in the same song, so the handle it as something that could be a full song later, but it's nothing to record. Had they at least 2 albums, Axl would have been the craziest guy on Earth not to release anything. They don't even have one single fuckin' album.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 02:33:51 PM »

This would be a great topic in 2014 when CD is released and we can discuss the follow-ups Tongue
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 02:42:05 PM »

U are nothing short of a fuckin moron if u believe there are 3 albums on their way, it should be noted none of the other members of the band are aware of this, yes Axl did say there would be three albums - but he also said the album would be out in 1997 confused

..and yes we know he has done over 70 songs, but if Axl has no faith in them why should we?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 03:11:11 PM »

U are nothing short of a fuckin moron if u believe there are 3 albums on their way, it should be noted none of the other members of the band are aware of this, yes Axl did say there would be three albums - but he also said the album would be out in 1997 confused

..and yes we know he has done over 70 songs, but if Axl has no faith in them why should we?

I was trying to be fair that's why I mentioned the two other albums.. It's mentioned in gnr future all the time within the forums ,I was curious to see what people defending the delays would have to say.. My post has alot to do with your first sentence
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 03:36:13 PM »

I think there is no need to act like a prick.  I appreciate when someone starts a topic like this.  It's something different than griping about CD.  Regarding the question.  I have read that the music is completed, but the songs have no vocals.  Also, If you check various upcoming album websites.  Chinese Democracy is slated as TBA and says "bonus CD) as well. 

Sterlingdog
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 04:11:06 PM »

? Also, If you check various upcoming album websites.? Chinese Democracy is slated as TBA and says "bonus CD) as well.?

I'm not doubting you, but can you tell me what album websites you are referring to?  I've never seen that anywhere I've looked so I'm curious to see.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 04:47:59 PM »

? Also, If you check various upcoming album websites.? Chinese Democracy is slated as TBA and says "bonus CD) as well.?

I'm not doubting you, but can you tell me what album websites you are referring to?? I've never seen that anywhere I've looked so I'm curious to see.
Go to the bottom of the page.  Axl mentioned this in either 2001 or 2002.  Im sure someone on this board will recollect this info.  Also check the news section on this board.  Anyway.
http://www.melodicrock.com/releasedates.html

Sterlingdog
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 05:00:21 PM »

I'm not doubting you, but can you tell me what album websites you are referring to?? I've never seen that anywhere I've looked so I'm curious to see.
Go to the bottom of the page.? Axl mentioned this in either 2001 or 2002.? Im sure someone on this board will recollect this info.? Also check the news section on this board.? Anyway.
http://www.melodicrock.com/releasedates.html

I see, I misunderstood what you meant.  When you said album sites I thought you meant store sites, ie Sam Goody, Tower, etc.  I thought maybe you had found one that actually listed it, because I've never seen it listed as upcoming or anything. 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 06:31:22 PM »

Waiting for Dave to give us the Brian May quote about all the material............... nervous
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 06:42:15 PM »

Waiting for Dave to give us the Brian May quote about all the material............... nervous

You already know it so there is no need to post it.

And someone asked dizzy about this last year, and dizzy said something like, what do you think we have been doing for the past few years.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 06:44:08 PM »

Just so know you, a lot of the songs that were slated for CD have gotten bumped to the other albums.
Axl said this and I think tom or diz in various interviews during the 2002 tour.

You really think the same 18 songs axl had in 1999/2000 are going to be on CD.
I dont think so.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 09:40:35 PM »

brian may said it himself that axl has more than 2 albums worth of songs recorded including vocals..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
darkdays_01
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 10:25:21 PM »

brian may said it himself that axl has more than 2 albums worth of songs recorded including vocals..
If that is true why in the world hasnt something been released, i dont buy that statement at all. Atleast the part about the vocals.
sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 03:17:25 AM »

In the 10 years, or however many, since any kind of release we can assume that there has been a huge load of songs to be considered
for his upcoming records.     Im sure that the other 7 guys in the band,  judging by the live shows ive seen and heard,  are very capable of
writing 200 songs in the nearly 4 years since ive seen them together.   this is not counting the (old)  band.

but having 200 or 70 or however many songs,  dont mean a thing if your singer cannot put his vocals or lyrics on them.
i know that people have reported that he has only sang on 4 or 5 songs ,  and i find that the most disheartening thing about the whole
situation.      but instead we hear disinformed band members that have no clue,   and that bucket quit largely cause they can't pay any
members to hang on,   thats why we hear of their little solo tours that could barely afford the gas to get there.

or maybe im wrong.....   the record will be released by X-mas!!!!!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 07:47:34 AM »

why are they working on the album to be released first, last?WHy wouldn't the albums that are done be released first? Why has only cd taking shape in any kind of talks, no one knows anything about any album but cd..
Why has cd had years of hype when it wasn't even done, why not put hype into a product that's finished? Why in the world would geffen not pressure a release of what was done to insure the money they have put up?

None of the reasons make sence, if they have two other albums then why not release one? It's weird how only cd has a name, no other names are ever metnioned.. We've seen zero since the late 90's, yet there's been albums done for years but we have to wait for the last album to see any of them? hihi

The sad truth is if cd never got finished then we wouldn't see the other two albums, the one to be finished last dictates the others,,So many wasted years, why not put an album out, tour and do like most groups and work on it during down time.. Now you have three supposed albums with all different members that worked on them and some are no longer in the band..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 08:02:44 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 09:38:12 AM »

If that is true why in the world hasnt something been released, i dont buy that statement at all. Atleast the part about the vocals.

you can go to www.newgnr.com and listen to the brian may interview yourself.. whether you believe him or not, is up to you..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 01:03:02 PM »

I have no doubt the band amassed a great deal of material during the first few years of writing, although that doesn't mean a lot of it will ever be released. It's not unusual for bands to have 50 or so songs for contention for an album. Comments made by Dizzy that there are several versions of the selected songs and the comments by Tommy that the final mixes he heard recently were stuff that he hadn't heard for a "long time" makes me think that the track listings that originally were floating around a few years ago are going to be a hell of a lot closer to what will actually appear on the album than people think, with maybe one or two new titles. Thats if Axl ever releases anything at all again.? ?
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 01:32:31 PM »

i think that chinese democrazy is finished. not matter how many songs or which are on it.
my guess is, that he's working on the other two or how many there are planned. i think that "the new guy" is or will re-redo buckethead's guitatparts. because if they start touring, the new guy will be known as the new guitarist. and if they release the follow-up, he should be on it.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: