Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What songs should Gnr cut from the set list when they tour again?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What songs should Gnr cut from the set list when they tour again?  (Read 11359 times)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 11:21:20 AM »

I really want KOHD to stay.. the new version's nice and peaceful.. i love it..

but i guess they should scrap think about u and mr brownstone..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2004, 11:41:51 AM »

They should get rid of the new version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think About You, and Out Ta Get Me.  They should add three new CD songs (and maybe replace some new ones with the old new songs), and also play Coma.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 11:46:40 AM »

From the 2002 set list

Keep: Jungle,KOHD,LALD,PC at least.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2004, 12:27:57 PM »

The extended wait between when the band are meant to start and when they actually come on.

Here today...ready to rock
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2004, 12:31:08 PM »

This I Love (assuming that it's on CHIDEM)
CHIDEM - OPENING TRACK
2 CHIDEM TRACK - ROCKER
2 CHIDEM TRACK - MID-TEMPO

What songs are you talking about Bro?

They're just "stand in" titles for songs off Chinese Democracy that we're (at this point) unaware of (ie: a mid-tempo track from the album)

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 12:35:12 PM »

out ta get me
think about you
knockin on' heavens door-(i like 1991-1993 version,but don't like new)
silik worms
rhiad and bedouins

but they must added ESTRANGED and LOCOMOTIVE
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2004, 12:40:01 PM »

out ta get me
think about you

I agree with you! I would also drop Rocket Queen!
And sorry but where is Don't Cry?
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2004, 12:43:22 PM »

out ta get me
think about you

I agree with you! I would also drop Rocket Queen!
And sorry but where is Don't Cry?
yes,man where is don't cry?
my setlist is
8 new songs
pc,scom,wttj,live and let die,nighttrain,it's so easy,don't cry.locomotive,estranged,november rain,ycbm.
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2004, 01:02:59 PM »

They should just get a big list of songs and just choose from that

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 01:22:50 PM »

Ideally, Drop all songs from AFD, UYI and release helluva new materials with some ad-lib intrudes on epics. rant

Realistically, a few appetite, several Illusions +more new materials. Opening with CD sounds great. Smiley
Illusions -The Garden, My World, Locomotive, Coma, Estranged, and pretty tied up if possible.

In further reality, it?ll be OK with me even if it's the same set list to the last one. Undecided
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2004, 01:50:57 PM »

Drop:
November Rain (I don't like how they play the solos, only BH did a great job)
Patience
Out ta get me
Silkworms
Rhiad
Think About You

Rotate:
LALD
KOHD
OMG
Chinese Democracy (I hope they have a lot of better songs than this)
My Michelle
Rocket Queen (but first they had to learn the song well)
SCOM (and play it better)
YCBM (and learn the song)

Add:
Move to the city
Civil War

I want them to play at least 12 new songs if the tour again. If.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2004, 02:14:21 PM »

You guys need to get over it with Estranged and Don't Cry. We are never going to hear those songs live again. Frankly I don't want to hear Finck butcher estranged anyway, those were some of Slash's finer moments and it just wouldn't be the same without those guys playing the notes. The other songs were fine to cover, but emotionally estranged meant more to Axl than most of the other songs they played, which is why I don't think we heard it the last go around. I think Don't Cry falls into that same boat with him in terms of nostalgia. I don't seem him playing that song without at least one original member in the band who was there when it all began. Everything else is fair game though.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2004, 02:37:32 PM »

In 2002 they barely played for 2 hours... I think when they tour again they will probably play longer so they wont need to drop a hell of a lot of old songs... anyway I do hope they dont have a definite setlist but more of rotating every show  ok
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2004, 03:58:18 PM »

I think they should drop most of the old songs because I would rather hear a set that is mainly their new material and possibly a new cover or two.

Old songs I think they should keep:
November Rain
Rocket Queen
Civil War (they should bring it back)
You Could Be Mine

I think they should keep all the new songs except Silkworms.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2004, 05:44:11 PM »

While I do realize these are the opinions of this forum's members, I also believe Dave asked for something realistic. Now for the people that said November Rain should be dropped, are you crazy? (I'm not trying to be mean) November Rain built Guns N' Roses in the 90s just how Sweet Child O' Mine built them in the 80s. You have to realize, that most of the people from the concert crowd aren't gonna be "hardcore" fans like us. You have to think about them. To them, songs like Live and Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, and November Rain are some of the big reasons why they might have bought the tickets in the first place. Those are the crowd pleasers. Knockin' On Heaven's Door was GN'R's biggest hit in the UK (it went to #2) and we all know GN'R will tour Europe first, so realistically, dropping that song would be a very bad idea.

Also, it has been said that the set will be longer next time around so you there's gonna be more room. I really don't want a setlist. Setlists are dull and unimaginative. Playing songs just out the crowd's and band's feel I feel would be best. That's what made each show from the Illusion Tour the special. There almost wasn't a show with the same setlist and the same order of songs. That also encourages you to download the bootlegs. hihi

There are core songs in the world of Guns N' Roses. These are songs that are ridiculous to drop off:

-Welcome to the Jungle
-Sweet Child O' Mine
-Paradise City
-Patience
-Live and Let Die
-November Rain
-Knockin' On Heaven's Door
-You Could Be Mine

^Those songs have to stay on each show of the tour^

Now, I think I know what the general consensus is:

Play more material from the Illusions, less from Appetite, and more from Chinese Democracy.

^Also like I said before, have the material vary^

dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2004, 07:05:20 PM »

Drop November Rain, realy bad option! People go there to see songs like Jungle, Sweet Child, Don?t Cry, Patience, You Could Be Mine and KOHD. These ones must be there!!!
The problem with don?t cry isn?t the memories it brings along, they play patience, wich is an Izzy song!!!
So i think they (Axl) doesn't feel ok playing it! But i woul bring it back!
And well, they droped Buckethead dance number!! So there is room for one more song, if ther will be a tour!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2004, 07:41:51 PM »

I would drop TAY.  I would rotate the others.  I would love to start the show off with Night Train!  My buzz is wearing off by the time it's on at the end of the show! 

No!  Please don't tell me they won't play Estranged again.  It should be played once every 10 or 15 shows.  Those folks in Chicago in '92 were damn lucky to hear it live.  Awesome.

-Axl4Prez2004   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2004, 08:30:08 PM »

There are core songs in the world of Guns N' Roses. These are songs that are ridiculous to drop off

It depends what the band is after. If they want to challenge the audiences by playing lots of new songs and only a few of the hits, then they can drop most of those. If they just want to play safe by doing a "Greatest Hits" set, then they'll keep them.

I've seen bands do both. Sometimes it works great when the audience is packed with hardcore fans. When 90% of the audience is there to hear the hits and drink beer, it doesn't work.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2004, 08:39:09 PM »

There are core songs in the world of Guns N' Roses. These are songs that are ridiculous to drop off

It depends what the band is after. If they want to challenge the audiences by playing lots of new songs and only a few of the hits, then they can drop most of those. If they just want to play safe by doing a "Greatest Hits" set, then they'll keep them.

I've seen bands do both. Sometimes it works great when the audience is packed with hardcore fans. When 90% of the audience is there to hear the hits and drink beer, it doesn't work.

/jarmo
Well Jarmo, those are only 8 songs I listed. I'm sure when/if they tour their set will be between 21 and 28 songs so like I said before, they can make a lot of room for different songs each night of the tour while still keeping those "core" songs. I never said they should have a Greatest Hits setlist (I already said I hated setlsits), just have those 8 songs somewhere in the set of a particular night. It worked beautifully during the 90s, so why not now? So doing it that way, you'll please both crowds. You'll please the Greatest Hits crowd by playing those 8 songs, and you'll please the hardcore fans by playing 13 or 20 other new or "rare" songs. yes
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2004, 08:39:22 PM »

I don't want to hear Finck butcher estranged anyway, those were some of Slash's finer moments and it just wouldn't be the same without those guys playing the notes
I agree. it would be an insult to the original version. and an insult to slash fantastic guitar job.
THEY SHOULDN'T TOUCH TO ESTRANGED.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: