Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What songs should Gnr cut from the set list when they tour again?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What songs should Gnr cut from the set list when they tour again?  (Read 11365 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: October 08, 2004, 01:32:47 AM »

I am sure gnr is going to cut the set list in half for the old songs and release them with CD songs.
So what songs would you like to see axl cut from the set list.
I dont think he will add more old songs, so lets not add anymore just subtract.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 01:58:30 AM »

I really hope there won't be a setlist. I would rather Axl just play the songs he (or the band) feel like playing a specific night and play them. (just like the Use Your Illusion Tour) That way, each show of the tour would be unique in its own special way. Although, I would definately play more material from the Illusions and less material from Appetite. (and a whole lot more from Chinese Democracy)
MrProxy
Rocker

Enjoy The Silence!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 02:00:03 AM »

Hard to say but i would drop
Live and let die
out ta get me
think about you
well maybe Its so easy too

---------------------------------
Max 200; characters remaining: 130
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 02:05:34 AM »

Hard to say but i would drop
Live and let die
out ta get me
think about you
well maybe Its so easy too
Hell no, they can't drop Live and Let Die. That is one of their signature songs. (and one of their major top 40 hits) It would be a very bad idea to drop that song. no
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 04:07:45 AM »

IF (not "when") they tour again they should drop most of the new "songs" which are just inaudible :
- Silkworms
- Chinese demo.
- Oh my god
- Riyad and Bed.

The Blues and Madagascar are OK without being masterpieces. They are not better than Breakdown or Estranged...
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 04:43:41 AM »

IF (not "when") they tour again they should drop most of the new "songs" which are just inaudible :
- Silkworms
- Chinese demo.
- Oh my god
- Riyad and Bed.

The Blues and Madagascar are OK without being masterpieces. They are not better than Breakdown or Estranged...

If you don't like the new stuff why are you on this board? I think both The Blues and Madagascar are better than Breakdown but not Estranged.

They should drop Think about u, Mr Brownstone, Kncking on Heavens door, out ta get me, and erm....Silkworms.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 04:52:25 AM »

- Silkworms
- Chinese demo.
- Oh my god
- Riyad and Bed.

If you don't like the new stuff why are you on this board? I think both The Blues and Madagascar are better than Breakdown but not Estranged.

They should drop Think about u, Mr Brownstone, Kncking on Heavens door, out ta get me, and erm....Silkworms.
I am here because this band is still called "Guns N'Roses" and it happened to be that I am a Guns N'Roses fan since 1989... Just as simple as that, man !
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 04:54:28 AM by Taz » Logged
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 06:00:56 AM »

- Silkworms
- Chinese demo.
- Oh my god
- Riyad and Bed.

I am here because this band is still called "Guns N'Roses" and it happened to be that I am a Guns N'Roses fan since 1989... Just as simple as that, man !

that is weird man, by that rational I should be a Metallica fan right now and I would be listening to St.Anger  hihi...needless to say I stopped checking out Metallica's music when they stopped making good music.

So , NO , I guess its hard to understand why somebody would be posting on a GNR forum just because the band is still called 'Guns N' Roses'

I would like to hear a lot more from the Illusions myself, and a little less from AFD. But I would be happy if they played CHIDEM SONGS  for a change
 rant

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Shotgun
Opening Act

Bon Jovi can suck my dick

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 08:07:55 AM »

I think they should drop My Michelle, Think about you , Mr. Brownstone and maybe LALD.
It's hard to choose, we want to hear some more from the illusions and we want a whole bunch of new songs, but we also want to hear the classics.

They must play for 4 or 5 hours to make all satisfied.

/shotgun
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 08:23:29 AM »

This was the set list on their last show in 2002:

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Rocket Queen, The Blues, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain, Paradise City

So if they play about 8-10 new songs when they tour, they must drop about 8 old songs. I would drop:
Mr.  Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Think About You
My Michelle
Patience
 Huh

It's really hard to decide, because I love all those songs... maybe they will have a different setlist everynight.
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 08:33:03 AM »

Hey, son of a preacher,
Are you saying that I should leave because this band called "Guns N'Roses" ain't doing good music anymore ?
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 09:08:01 AM »

Hey, son of a preacher,
Are you saying that I should leave because this band called "Guns N'Roses" ain't doing good music anymore ?

hey, you can do whatever you want, if you want to stay here and bash the band, that's Jarmo's problem, not mine , Im just saying you are not making much sense here... if you dont like the music....why come? ...I dont understand..like I said...Im not posting on the Metallica forums.

I think the new GNR is making wonderful music btw.... Tongue

peace

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 09:08:47 AM »

Hey, son of a preacher,

Yeah, you seem to be here only to whine about the new band. It gets old really fast.

People like you usually feel more at home at a message board where they hate Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 09:10:09 AM »

out ta get me
think about you

There are so many better songs then those two

Knocking oN Heaven's Door can go to, now that they have another slower version of the song

Silk worms, it just is a bad song wether it be GnR or another band it doesnt go over well

All the new Bullshit No I am not talking about their new songs because they kick ass I am talking to the two bucket solos, buckethead playing with fn' knunechuks and Fink's wierd Brazilian solo song.  Solos are ok, but they take so much time that could be filled by great GnR songs old and new

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 09:12:55 AM »

CHIDEM - OPENING TRACK
Welcome To The Jungle
You Could Be Mine
Mr. Brownstone
Don't Cry
Chinese Democracy
CHIDEM TRACK - ROCKER
CHIDEM TRACK - MID-TEMPO
Sweet Child O' Mine
Madagascar
Civil War
Patience
Nightrain
The Blues
CHIDEM - ROCKER
CHIDEM - MID-TEMPO
Estranged
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Rocket Queen

ENCORES:
Dead Horse
This I Love
Paradise City

ADDED ARE:
Don't Cry
Civil War
Dead Horse
Estranged
This I Love (assuming that it's on CHIDEM)
CHIDEM - OPENING TRACK
2 CHIDEM TRACK - ROCKER
2 CHIDEM TRACK - MID-TEMPO

GONE ARE:
It's So Easy
Live & Let Die
Think About You
My Michelle
Out Ta Get Me
November Rain (yeah, you read it correctly)

And if you had to cut a few more...Mr. Brownstone and Knockin' on Heaven's Door

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 09:21:08 AM »

CHIDEM - OPENING TRACK
2 CHIDEM TRACK - ROCKER

What songs are you talking about Bro?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 10:20:51 AM »

I think they should drop all AFD tunes. I mean if they wanna open with WTTJ or something then fine, but I'd be pretty disappointed if on their next tour, whenever that may be, they still perform a ton of AFD. I wanna hear some shit from the new album.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 10:31:12 AM »

the previous poster's name has inspired me to say that they should drop the old songs based on cowbell usage! - keep in all those that have cowbell and oust the rest!!

Long live the cowbell! Has anyone checked ouit silvertide? they have the swagger of old guns, but obv a bit bouncier (no where near as cool and hard edged as guns was) but at least they use the cowbell!! Their albums should be stickered "The first band since gnr to use cowbell!"

I love the cowbell!

Um, sorry for that...
In all seriousness (I do love the cowbell though!) I'd base it on how well i think the new band handle the old songs...
I'd lose one of the covers - so KOHD out, cuz I like the way LALD is performed now - Axl sounds great
Crucial appetite songs have got to be Sweet child, jungle
It'd be good to have the rest on rotation: i.e. easy, brownstone being played most nites (nearly listed these as crucial!)
and the rest rotated: patience, you're crazy (love to hear an acoustic version), rocket queen (sometimes, mixed feelings on this, the first part was prev very slash focused, but the l;ast part is def axl, although i didnt think he sang it terribly well on this new tour - no edge like b4) etc

Anyway, thats that. Bob

Back In Power
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 10:36:31 AM »

CHIDEM - OPENING TRACK
2 CHIDEM TRACK - ROCKER

What songs are you talking about Bro?

I think it's safe to assume that he is saying that it would be good to hear songs from Chinese Democracy of different pace...Without necesarily knowing what those songs are yet.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Outtagetme04
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 10:50:01 AM »

knocking on heavens door, live and let die and al those awful covers
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: