Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:55:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228139 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ask Tommy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ask Tommy  (Read 17126 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2004, 03:52:54 PM »

Double edged sword here. Has Mr. Stinson agreed to be interviewed by JARMO because he wants to promote his solo efforts ONLY? Or has Mr. Stinson agreed to be interviewed by JARMO because JARMO happens to be the originator of HTGTH...the greatest GN'R website around? Hmmmm...maybe both.

Either way, that's great that you got the interview.

I'm not sure what to ask him about his solo work as I have not heard it yet (plan to). However, if he's agreed to be interviewed by the owner of HTGTH I have to believe he's expecting some GN'R questions. PERHAPS, HOWEVER...you can use that to your advantage by asking him questions that 99% deal with his solo work and only 1 (that's right, folks) 1 question about GN'R at the very end. I think he'd be very appreciative of that gesture and if handled delicately he might even offer more info than he planned on offering feeling that his new GN'R fans completely support him as a solo artist as well. No?

So...what could that one question be. Maybe something as simple as, "...Mr. Stinson, I'd like to thank you for taking time to speak with us today. We at HTGTH wish you all the luck on the new album and will be sure to check out your tour. Before you go, is there anything you can share with us, the patient fans at HTGTH about the status of Chinese Democracy?"

Plain, simple and to the point. Like I said, I think he'd appreciate that greatly and maybe he'll reward your edicate with some dazzling juicy news about GN'R.

Ii liked... BUT, he?ll answer the same thing again "will be release soon, very soon..."  Tongue

ask something more objective, like "You of course already heard some finished songs, what?s your favorite song from the album? and what?s your favorite part of a lyric sung by Axl in the new Cd?  - something like the part of madagascar with axl singin with such a feeling "I won?t be told anymore..." ( elaborate this a bit more)"  Wink

c-ya

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2004, 03:56:22 PM »

- Do any VGH B-sides exist?

"I had a lot of different songs but to make this record cohesive, I had to forgo the softer songs. So I have a few left over for b-sides and stuff," he tells me, when asked if there is any material from these recording sessions that may surface soon.

http://www.inmusicwetrust.com/articles/67h15.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2004, 03:56:40 PM »

- Is Buckethead's guitar going to be on CD?

- Axl hasn't really been working on CD for over 10 years without a break, has he? When did the album get underway in earnest?

- Are we ever going to get a making-of CD boxset, with all the Dave Navarro/Brian May/Josh Freese/Zakk Wylde/Slash stuff on it?

SG
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2004, 04:15:53 PM »

Id Appreciate it if u just told tommy and the band (mainly axl) this one thing..and it is..when the album is released..no matter how good it is the media will have bad things to say..thats just them and i think axl knows that ..but just tell him not to take it hard cause all the fans will love it and the media can shove it

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2004, 04:25:49 PM »

ask him
when can we expect a new solo effort from him

is he planning on bringing his tour to spain and portugal

what's on his cd player right now

and if he could say anything to his fans,

Chinese Democracy!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2004, 04:28:06 PM »

Ask him what he thinks about the response his album got.

For GN'R,ask him if the Rob Thal(or whatever his name is)thing is true.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2004, 04:32:16 PM »

1)What is the funniest story on this solo tour so far.
2)There is a speculation on your fav T-shirts. Is the (oriental looking?)man a Chinese solder or a slow policeman?
3) What do you feel about Europe?
4) What do you think of China?
5) How do you like Democracy?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2004, 04:32:39 PM »

He said he heard a few incredibly good songs from CD. Were there any vocals on them??

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2004, 04:35:53 PM »

Ask him if Axl still has the braids, but don't do it directly. In the middle of your conversation tell him "I love Axl's braids, I'm thinking of getting some. I know he still has them right now." Even though I suspect you hate the braids if you say that Tommy will either tell you if Axl still has the braids or not. Muahaha it's a trap you see. hihi

Not but for real, ask him about There Was A Time. Also ask him if he contributed any Village Gorilla Head style of material to Chinese Democracy, and compliment him on his Kilborn Motivation performance. Also tell him you love his vocals; ask if he contributes any background or lead vocals to C-Democracy because you loved his vocals in A Moment Too Soon and OK especially. In the middle of all that ask him about Axl's voice on the album, and ask how the first single will sound like.

See I'm good with mental traps. Grin 
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2004, 04:42:19 PM »

This wasnt mentioned and I'm think well some people will appreciate this:

Ask Mr Stinson

Who wrote Madagascar and the Blues was it all Axl or who helped him with the lyrics.

peace

Fuck All Y'all
ChristineP
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2004, 04:51:41 PM »

First of all, a round of fucking applause for Jarmo!

You have to hand it to a guy who runs a GNR website that anyone from GNR would actually want to talk to!

Now as for the questions, Jarmo...

Does Tommy view all the GNR delays as a positive, in light of it allowing him to release and tour behind VGH?

I would also second the question about there being a new guitarist and if that will cause even more delays.
hihi Excellent!? did not read all the posts before I posted mine...Got to stop doing that!? Jarmo does seem like a cool cat...
ChristineP
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2004, 04:53:48 PM »

Don't know if this was posted...What kind of interview is Jarmo conducting with Mr. Tommy?  In person or by phone? or?   He must be excited!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2004, 05:19:40 PM »

Don't know if this was posted...What kind of interview is Jarmo conducting with Mr. Tommy?? In person or by phone? or?? ?He must be excited!

It's gonna be done before the show on Sunday, in person.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2004, 06:05:05 PM »

oh yeah Jarmo just a question about the GNR Tour: are stadium shows in the plan? or just arenas?
thank you

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2004, 08:24:14 PM »

Lots of great questions there and... congrats Jarmo. ok

What was his opinion of Axl Rose from "afar" before he signed on with GN' R in '98? How has his opinion of Mr. Rose changed in the past six years?

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2004, 08:41:24 PM »

another one (the last one): according to you (tommy) who will be the next member to be fired or to leave the band? is there "a plan" for that? a "release date" for the next departure? will there have "delays"?? or will it happen "soon"? or maybe "sooner than later"! hihi
(that's a joke: Do NOT ask that question? rofl)
 Wink
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 08:43:37 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2004, 08:46:04 PM »

Ask him if axl would ever considering letting tommy open for gnr or go on before the opening band to play a few songs.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2004, 08:49:11 PM »

Ask him if axl would ever considering letting tommy open for gnr or go on before the opening band to play a few songs.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=15809.msg272683#msg272683

Almost the same question. Wink

/jarmo

noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

I would definitely ask some questions about VGH and the tour and let him know that HTGTH supports the album with regular updates.

Jarmo, does he know who you are ? And about your website ?

I'm assuming he does, and if thats the case, i'd think he'd respect questions about GNR and talking to the fans.  He'd know who you represent.

I've heard and i'm sure that Tommy has heard every question that people have asked about VGH and the tour.

How many opportunities will you have to interview a real live GNR member ?

I say ask the GNR questions that are to the point;

Anything new info about CD's release ?

Any news on a single release ?

Any news on an upcoming GNR tour ?

Any changes with the bandmembers ?

Any news that he can share with GNR Fans ?

Don't let a golden opportunity go by cause everyone's afraid to step on toes.

Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2004, 10:03:23 PM »

How about this one:

"Does Axl have any plans whatsoever to start playing his greatest songwriting work of alltime; ESTRANGED; Live again?"

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: