Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:04:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ask Tommy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ask Tommy  (Read 17120 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: October 05, 2004, 04:50:21 AM »

I have the opportunity to meet Tommy for an interview on Sunday in Gothenburg and thought that maybe some of you have questions for him.

You might wanna remember that he's in Europe to promote his (excellent) solo album "Village Gorilla Head" and not GN'R. So the focus of the interview will be his solo work.

I can't guarantee I will use all/any of the questions submitted, but let's see what happens.

Thanks to the people who made this possible!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 08:48:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 04:58:39 AM »

ask him if he might have heard some songs from CD, like 6 weeks ago, right before mastering or so, and if there are 6 epic songs on it.. Grin

maybe ask him if he's planning on playing his songs with a 'real' band, like with more instruments.

Remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
fixintodie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 05:02:38 AM »

Has he considered playing VGH stuff as support act on the next GN'R tour?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 05:12:27 AM »

So the focus of the interview will be his solo work.
is "chinese democracy" is part of his solo work too?  Grin

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 05:16:30 AM »

So the focus of the interview will be his solo work.
is "chinese democracy" is part of his solo work too?? Grin

I think it'll be ok to ask a few gnr question, but you have to remember that Tommy is promoting his solo album. I suggest, therefore, that questions on gnr be clever questions and ones that have not been asked before
One in a million
Rocker

Rock N Roll LifeStyle!

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 05:17:14 AM »

How come Richard and Dizzy plays on the album? Apart from they're great musicians.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
You know I'd like to hurt you
But my conscience always tells me no
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 05:19:30 AM »

Has he considered playing VGH stuff as support act on the next GN'R tour?

That has already been asked. He said no
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 05:46:06 AM »

Has he planned any videos with gnr or the vgh thing confused

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
14 years of silence
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 05:48:15 AM »

What is your peronal favourite track off VGH?
Which track took the longest time to complete?
How highly do you rate Richard Fortus, do you think he has the ability to be a lead guitarist?
Where was your favourite gig ever?
What music are you currently listening too?
What is your favourite track off Chinese Democracy?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 06:22:28 AM »

Ask him about, what he is planing to do next year....

And will there be 2 or 3 guitarist in GNR?

shaun
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 06:33:24 AM »

...CD, has he seen the cover art work?? ok

what's it like?   Smiley
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 06:36:19 AM by shaun » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2004, 07:45:38 AM »

- Ask him about world plans: is he planning to promote VGH through South America too? I don't see this album in any local stores here in Brasil, so you might ask him about it too.

- How was the work with Roy Thomas Baker?

- How can you deal with the need to answer questions about GNR and The Replacements in your solo tour supporting your album?

- Ask what current music he likes or if he liked the VR album.

- About GNR, I guess you should ask if this is the first time that they're mastering or doin' the track's final mix.

- Ask him if they will have Buckethead tracks on the album or if this Bumblefoot blurb about recording guitar tracks is for real.

Ok, I'm journalist but if I could make questions in my first language (portuguese) I would made it better...? Undecided
Hey Jarmo, I guess you are the first GNR admnistrator's site to officially interview a new GNR member. Congratulations, I'm happy for you and for us!?I wish I had this opportunity! ok
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 08:09:13 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 08:18:17 AM »

I wanted to ask him some questions but since his gigs in Greece are not 100% sure I'll ask here.

1) Will anybody, except from Axl, handle lead vocals on any song from Chinese Democracy?

2) Is Chris Pittman a touring member or is he in the band for good?

3) Lyrics, Axl Rose only or others too?

4) VGH is an awesome record, will it get released in all countries (cause many people in Greece ask me where can they find it)?

5) How is the tour with Jesse going? Are many Gunners attending the shows? Are they supportive of his new record?

6) How many copies has VGH sold so far?

7) How many chicks has he scored with on this tour? Cause rumours are going crazy... Wink

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 08:40:03 AM »

1) Will anybody, except from Axl, handle lead vocals on any song from Chinese Democracy?
I guess he already said something about this. He said that he will do just a lot of backing vocals.

yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2004, 08:47:34 AM »

1)How long is going to go your tour?
2)What music are you listening now?
3)How's the work that Robin does on Chin Dem?
4)Have you ever have listened rock or music in different languages?
5)Do you play songs from "Perfect's album" in your tour and which ones are your favorites?
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 09:05:58 AM »

Double edged sword here. Has Mr. Stinson agreed to be interviewed by JARMO because he wants to promote his solo efforts ONLY? Or has Mr. Stinson agreed to be interviewed by JARMO because JARMO happens to be the originator of HTGTH...the greatest GN'R website around? Hmmmm...maybe both.

Either way, that's great that you got the interview.

I'm not sure what to ask him about his solo work as I have not heard it yet (plan to). However, if he's agreed to be interviewed by the owner of HTGTH I have to believe he's expecting some GN'R questions. PERHAPS, HOWEVER...you can use that to your advantage by asking him questions that 99% deal with his solo work and only 1 (that's right, folks) 1 question about GN'R at the very end. I think he'd be very appreciative of that gesture and if handled delicately he might even offer more info than he planned on offering feeling that his new GN'R fans completely support him as a solo artist as well. No?

So...what could that one question be. Maybe something as simple as, "...Mr. Stinson, I'd like to thank you for taking time to speak with us today. We at HTGTH wish you all the luck on the new album and will be sure to check out your tour. Before you go, is there anything you can share with us, the patient fans at HTGTH about the status of Chinese Democracy?"

Plain, simple and to the point. Like I said, I think he'd appreciate that greatly and maybe he'll reward your edicate with some dazzling juicy news about GN'R.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 09:39:55 AM »

Double edged sword here. Has Mr. Stinson agreed to be interviewed by JARMO because he wants to promote his solo efforts ONLY? Or has Mr. Stinson agreed to be interviewed by JARMO because JARMO happens to be the originator of HTGTH...the greatest GN'R website around? Hmmmm...maybe both.

Either way, that's great that you got the interview.

I'm not sure what to ask him about his solo work as I have not heard it yet (plan to). However, if he's agreed to be interviewed by the owner of HTGTH I have to believe he's expecting some GN'R questions. PERHAPS, HOWEVER...you can use that to your advantage by asking him questions that 99% deal with his solo work and only 1 (that's right, folks) 1 question about GN'R at the very end. I think he'd be very appreciative of that gesture and if handled delicately he might even offer more info than he planned on offering feeling that his new GN'R fans completely support him as a solo artist as well. No?

So...what could that one question be. Maybe something as simple as, "...Mr. Stinson, I'd like to thank you for taking time to speak with us today. We at HTGTH wish you all the luck on the new album and will be sure to check out your tour. Before you go, is there anything you can share with us, the patient fans at HTGTH about the status of Chinese Democracy?"

Plain, simple and to the point. Like I said, I think he'd appreciate that greatly and maybe he'll reward your edicate with some dazzling juicy news about GN'R.

I definately like this idea.  However, elaborate a bit more...."Is mastering in progress, has album art been layed out, any info you could offer would be more than appreciated"

Although, if you added something like that he may not offer as much at all.  Axl keeps to  tight of reigns.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 09:47:16 AM »

ask him what are some of his favorite songs on CD.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 09:51:53 AM »

Some other ideas;

1 - One of Sweden's biggest musical exports, historically speaking, was Abba. Are you a fan?
2 - If you hadn't become a musician, where do you think you'd be right now?
3 - If you consider all the songs you have worked on in your entire career, which one(s) would you say were your favourites
4 - If you had the choice, which song would you put out as the first gnr single
5 - Of all the countries you have travelled to in your illustrious career, which one would you say had the best ladies  Wink hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 09:57:53 AM »

What were your influences/inspirations when recording/writing the tracks on  VGH?

If you could play/jam with any 4 musicians, living or dead, who would they be?

If you were stranded on a desert island with a solar powered CD player, what 5 CD's would you want with you?

If you were stranded on a desert island, WITHOUT a solar powered CD player, what 5 people would you want with you?

What's the most "extravagant" thing you've ever bought for yourself, when, and why (as in, was it to celebrate a record release, contract, birthday, etc).

What 3 Chords, if you were forbidden from ever playing them again, would cause you to break down into a weeping puddle of goo?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: