Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SCOM DANCE cover
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOM DANCE cover  (Read 3333 times)
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« on: October 04, 2004, 05:01:09 PM »

hmmm well i was in my textiles lesson today n someone had brought in a dance cd (GREAT!) n then this song starts (just the same as any dance song starts-they all sound the same cos they all have the same backing music) anyway n then the first line 'He's got a smile that seems to me, remind me of child-hood memories....' ARGH!!! i nearly died!!! (with shock and the pain of listening to it)
don't you need permission of the person who writes the song to cover it?? no way would axl allow that- it's awful!!!  rant rant rant

It's evolution, baby!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 06:43:24 PM »

hmmm well i was in my textiles lesson today n someone had brought in a dance cd (GREAT!) n then this song starts (just the same as any dance song starts-they all sound the same cos they all have the same backing music) anyway n then the first line 'He's got a smile that seems to me, remind me of child-hood memories....' ARGH!!! i nearly died!!! (with shock and the pain of listening to it)
don't you need permission of the person who writes the song to cover it?? no way would axl allow that- it's awful!!!? rant rant rant

That's quite a mystery.  To me, dance music is the most unimaginative form of music out there, much more so than even rap, because it's just the exact same repetitive beats on tracks that last over an hour.  A cover of Sweet Child O' Mine on a dance track would be lame, but then anybody who covers that song pales in comparision to the original, so what can you do?

Ya know, rock 'n' roll used to be the music that people danced to.  I think over the years it's become too much of a "serious" thing that's removed from people who just want to have a good time.  There should be more rock music out there that people can dance to.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 06:56:22 PM »

don't you need permission of the person who writes the song to cover it?? no way would axl allow that- it's awful!!!  rant rant rant

That's quite a mystery.  To me, dance music is the most unimaginative form of music out there, much more so than even rap, because it's just the exact same repetitive beats on tracks that last over an hour.  A cover of Sweet Child O' Mine on a dance track would be lame, but then anybody who covers that song pales in comparision to the original, so what can you do?

Ya know, rock 'n' roll used to be the music that people danced to.  I think over the years it's become too much of a "serious" thing that's removed from people who just want to have a good time.  There should be more rock music out there that people can dance to.

hmmm.. we have heavy metal, death metal, thrash metal, speed metal.. why not dance metal?  hihi

but scom as dance cover? blech..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 09:20:28 PM »

isn't this an old remix??? - I could swear I heard it before....

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 09:28:27 PM »

I remember hearing a club version remix of SCOM about 6 years ago.

There is one by a group called Love/Hate I downloaded. Its kinda cool, but pales in comparison to the original

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 09:36:19 PM »

don't you need permission of the person who writes the song to cover it?? no way would axl allow that- it's awful!!!? rant rant rant

How much you want to bet Slash and Duff out voted Axl 2-1 on this one Wink

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 10:44:52 PM »

I too was unfortunate enough to hear this the other day.
I was sitting in my friends car (He listens to dance shite) and out of the blue he says 'Your gonna like this' and laughs (he knows I love GNR and hate dance music) then on comes this terrible dance version of SCOM with the usual corny female vocal. Just when I thought things couldn't get much worse they begain to rape Slash's guitar solos by trying to do the same tunes but on keyboards!! Awful!!
I asked my friend where the hell this song had come from and he told me it is on a new Ministry of Sound compilation. Trust me though, your not missing much! Well it's ok to laugh at I supose.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 12:34:54 PM »

its a terrible terrible rendition!!!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
hynzie
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 06:29:34 PM »

I heard it its shit!just like every other dance song.
Dance music is such fucking shit!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 07:55:23 PM »

There are also dance versions of November Rain and Paradise City out there Undecided

Quick! To the bandwagon!
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 09:48:22 PM »

Dance music doesn't make me want to dance. Disco, THE ORIGINAL DANCE MUSIC, does.

Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 02:01:49 PM »

There are also dance versions of November Rain and Paradise City out there Undecided

omg really.... paradise city just takes the biscuit!!!

It's evolution, baby!
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 03:04:47 PM »

http://diffusion.sanffo.co.uk/~diffusion/moped_sweetchildominemaxiversion.mp3

Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 03:09:31 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?Huh LOL  rofl rofl

It's evolution, baby!
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 03:12:35 PM »

there must be a couple of dance versions...that one is just funny!!!!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: