Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should the new GN'R remake one of their old classics on CD?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should the new GN'R remake one of their old classics on CD?  (Read 3250 times)
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« on: October 01, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »

I'm sure most people will say no, but i think a WWTJ remake would be sweet.  I'm sure if they did do any of their old songs, Axl would make sure it rocks before he puts it in an album

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 05:45:10 PM »

Axl has re-recorded AFD but it will never be released though it was record quite a while back actually

EEEERRRR Little boy
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 05:50:51 PM »

Like I've mentioned before, there new version of KOHD would be cool on CD.  However I also think slower versions of "Dead Horse", or "I Think About You" would be sweet!  I also think something like this would work to and fit in nicely.  A little of the past put in with all there new stuff.     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 11:36:04 PM »

No! They're great just the way they are. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 12:20:25 AM »

Axl has re-recorded AFD but it will never be released though it was record quite a while back actually

Ive heard that several times but has that ever been officially stated by any of the band members or Axl? Why wont it ever be released? Because of possible law suits or legal action from Duff or Slash over song ownership Im guessing. Anyways, Its not essentially a "classic" GnR song, but personally Id like to hear the new band do Coma, Locomotive, or Breakdown on a studio album more then almost all of the other classic material for some reason. Everyone knows the original AFD cant possibly be topped, but Id love to hear the new bands version of the cd sometime or at least a bonus track from it perhaps in the future.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 01:54:31 AM »

Sure! I'd love to hear some of their older songs retooled.  I love hearing different live or acoustic versions of their album songs.  I can only imagine what they'd sound like now.  Maybe not put them on Chinese Democracy, but as an EP or something i think it would be a great idea...and a good solid way to gain new fans.  Imagine a remake of the greatest hits as a specially priced cd or something...sounds pretty sweet to me peace

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 10:32:20 AM »

I wouldn't mind songs of the albums but I would really like to see something like and old unreleased song like Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town or Goodnight Tonight. Maybe he could redo old Hollywood Rose songs that aren't on the cd like Cold Hard Cash (Cold Hearted) or Rockin' Rose. Maybe even Rapid Fire songs.

That would kick so much ass!!!

beer ,
AR, AC
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 11:13:41 AM »

It depends on whether they want to be taken seriously as a new band and not be in the shadow of the classic GN'R. 

It depends on whether it's Axl's band or a band.

If they just released the re-recorded Appetite, i don't think it would go down well at all.  People hate it when the things they love are tampered with.

Of course on the live stage they would be free to play whatever they want and fans would have the boot's.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 02:16:32 PM »

Who said it would never be released?  When Axl mentioned he said he didn't know what he planned on doing with it, or "when it would come out".

Maybe they'll release the songs as B-sides, or maybe they'll be posted online as one of those "you need to buy the CD to access these songs" deals.
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 03:08:02 PM »

That is the worst idea I have ever heard, wouldn't that put axl on the same level as vanilla ice when he did a rock remake of ice ice baby.  I think that would just show that he's holding on to the past.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 03:38:25 PM »

I wouldn't like it,but it would probably help CD's success. Reviews will say:"The old song x proves that Axl Rose chose the best players to replace the old ones"

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 03:52:54 PM »

I'd hope Axl would not do this.  The new band has a hard enough task of being accepted as 'Guns N Roses' as it is.  Let them focus on their original material instead and leave the old songs to the guys who wrote and recorded them.  If I were in the new band,  I wouldn't even want to record the older songs.  Playing them in concert is one thing because we want to hear those classic songs live, but no need to redo something that's already great...

sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 03:53:49 AM »

Who said it would never be released?? When Axl mentioned he said he didn't know what he planned on doing with it, or "when it would come out".

Maybe they'll release the songs as B-sides, or maybe they'll be posted online as one of those "you need to buy the CD to access these songs" deals.

That would be Sweet.

I acutally have a very big confusion with all of this, I remember that somebody said that on an Adam SAndler movie there was at the end a Sweet Child of Mine with the new band but I downloaded it and heard it exactly like the old one.

Nightrain on the 2002 tour sounded super cool with Dizzy's new keyboards. They should definatley release it if they have made some changes, just to see what happens.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 06:45:54 AM »

I've got that version of the song, it was from the end credits of Big Daddy - and it's definitely the new GN'R playing on it. It starts with the original band playing a live version of SCOM, and segues into the new band for the main solo and the "Where do we go" bit.

Didn't Axl say that they re-recorded AFD (minus You're Crazy and with YCBM in its place) because the band were rehearsing the tracks for the tour anyway, and he wanted versions without the old band playing on them for movie soundtracks etc.? Anyway, it's not the current version of the band playing on them in any case - I think it's Huge, Finck, Tommy and Josh Freese, but feel free to correct me. It wouldn't serve Axl to release them, as it'd only confuse people as to who's actually in GN'R these days...

He can just add it to the increasing pile of stuff to put in the Making of Chinese Democracy 20-CD boxset...

SG
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 03:35:26 AM »

The November Rain version they did in 02' with Robins solo's, i cream everytime ok especially with the synthasizers peace

plus the new Knockin' ok yes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2004, 03:51:01 AM »

If you've seen any thing or heard any thing from Vanilla Ice, he is trying to get away from his past self.
sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2004, 03:57:38 AM »

after seeing them live in 2002,   i would say that they at least deserve to put out those live versions,  cause they rocked them as harder
than the old versions.   i dont want old sounding stuff on the new china demo,  but those would be great b-side, auxiliary tracks!

they opened with jungle that sent shivers to my shaved crotch!   eeeks!  love
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: